Diablo® III

So, Obama or Romney (part 2)

(Locked)

I used to vote. Back when I thought it mattered. Before I realized that you only ever have two choices with a hope of winning, and I only agree with about half of what either party says.

Seriously, since we can apparently only ever have two choices, ill wait until either the fat elephants or the donkeys disintigrate and make room for a party that actually represents me.

And I will continue to keep complaining about the government, whether I vote or not. I dont care about the "you didn't vote, dont complain" speech, because like I said, Nobody represents me.

Show me sombody who's pro choice and pro gun rights and wants to limit illegal immigration but not enact laws that violate human rights. Show me that candidate and ill bother to vote.
View profile
11/05/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Venator
This thread is so full of proof that our education system is in need of a drastic overhaul. From the popular misunderstanding of the Mayans, to the ludicrous smearing of religions, and even the misinformation about the make up of the government over the last 4 years, no wonder we end up with so many bad choices for President. It's the peoples fault for being so gullible and handing over so much power to the con artists that run this place.

You sound a LOT like Paul Ryan...

(My) Mention of the Mayans was a joke, amigo...glad at least one person saw it for the cynical mentioning it was. But I totally agree with you on the need for educational overhaul. More teachers, more pay for teachers, and, with they being government employees, need the SAME benefits packages our elected officials have voted themselves. Completely ridiculous. Don't get me started on this charter BS though.

Religion is just a collection of old mythological stories any way you look at it. Sure, they're fun, so is Dr Seuss, and even an a-theist like me has to admit that incredible amounts of good are done in the name of religion. I may not believe in it but I'll be damned if I let anyone take any of it away from someone who wants to believe the way they want. Jesus saves or aliens using the earth as a petri dish. As long as people question and grow, that is all I ask.

Anyone saying that the last four years were bad needs to take a long, serious look at the previous 8. Then they need to take a look at the 8 years prior to that, and the twelve that preceded them. There is a very distinct pattern that is easy to recognize.

ATheism aside, you may be interested to know, that Einstein believed in a non personal god, but a god nonetheless, and you really should consider reading his opinions about atheism as well by googling him. I wont' reference the URL for obvious reasons, but it makes some very astute logical statements that are worth seeing.

cu
caJAI
As bad as America is, Europeans need to worry about their own problems. I'm sick of America being the world police and going out of it's way for people who hate the country, time America fixes it's own problems, makes it's own jobs and takes care of itself. Everyone knows Europe is going to fall apart in 10 years anyways. Might as well fix the problems we have, let the oh so well meaning and great Europeans manage their own affairs.
I'll try again. Please read this especially if you don't vote, are not interested in politics, and/or feel cynical and jaded.

May I humbly suggest...

Try to spend less of your time and energy on national politics.

Instead, go and speak to your local representatives. At the city council, county, and/or township level... your representatives are likely very accessible. Ask questions. Be aware of what they are working on. Do this no matter what party they belong to. Try to meet them often enough to develop a rapport.

By all means, get educated and vote. But that is only step 1. If you do what I suggest above, you actually have a chance to be represented.
Wow you americans really likes to argue o_0
I'm not voting this year, I don't think Obama got the job done (but realistically, how could he?) and I can't listen to good ole Mitt change his mind any more on hot button issues so I will just abstain.

Not that it would matter, I live in Texas and we only have one party here ;D
Seriously, since we can apparently only ever have two choices, ill wait until either the fat elephants or the donkeys disintigrate and make room for a party that actually represents me.

You are a Capitalist Constitutional Republic. You can hardly call yourselves a Democracy anymore. It's unfortunate really. Public opinion doesn't matter. Money does.\
View profile
I used to vote. Back when I thought it mattered. Before I realized that you only ever have two choices with a hope of winning, and I only agree with about half of what either party says.

And I will continue to keep complaining about the government, whether I vote or not. I dont care about the "you didn't vote, dont complain" speech, because like I said, Nobody represents me.

Show me sombody who's pro choice and pro gun rights and wants to limit illegal immigration but not enact laws that violate human rights. Show me that candidate and ill bother to vote.

YOu must be KIDDING Me,,pro gun rights, with all the violence in this country ? After the Colorado fiasco ? If everyone could have a gun, imagine the fiasco that would ensue of bulllets flying everywhere, as everyone 'took their shot'. NO, we need less guns, less violence.

COmpare the # of guns per capita, per 100 citizens, and the u.s.a. is at the TOP with 88. Switzlerland, Sweden have about 1/3, and their violence ratings per capita are similarly outrageous as if you compare say , Switzerland with u.s.a, the # of homicides is staggeringly higher for us. So yeah, don't give me gun rights nonsense.

cu
caJAI
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 11/5/2012 9:42 AM PST
11/05/2012 08:57 AMPosted by pattycake
Congress and Senate during Obamas first term consisted of mostly Republicans (who hated hated this President) making it really difficult for him to pass bills and laws. Its not really about Obama Not being able to compromise, its really Republicans NOT wanting to compromise, I actually admire the presidents spine for standing up against republicans ideology, and we all know what republicans think and this is why Red Hats hate him so much.

LOL..not hardly.. so much bad information

The One Hundred Eleventh United States Congress was the meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government from January 3, 2009, until January 3, 2011. It began during the last two weeks of the George W. Bush administration, with the remainder spanning the first two years of Barack Obama's presidency. It was composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. The apportionment of seats in the House was based on the 2000 U.S. Census. In the November 4, 2008 elections, the Democratic Party increased its majorities in both chambers, giving President Obama a Democratic majority in the legislature for the first two years of his presidency. A new delegate seat was created for the Northern Mariana Islands.[5]

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111th_United_States_Congress
if you prefer another source, very easy to find
Edited by Hazwiz#1814 on 11/5/2012 9:43 AM PST
View profile
Just think. Everyone who didn't vote for Obama in 2008, more than likely won't be voting for him this year. And everyone that voted for him in 2008 and aren't happy with the results, will probably vote for Romney this year.

Also, Romney just has to win Ohio or Pennsylvania to win enough electoral votes, and both states are 50/50.

I think Romney's going to win.

Trouble with that theory, is he is losing in 'recent poll's, is losing Ohio for same reasons, and no republican has won WH without ohio. Fact.

Also , given ROmeny/ryan propensity for LIES, he is the least capable person by any stretch of the imagination.

We need a president to govern us ALL, not just the ' 57%' elites!

cu
cuJAI
11/05/2012 09:40 AMPosted by cajunctionAI
YOu must be KIDDING Me,,pro gun rights, with all the violence in this country ? After the Colorado fiasco ? If everyone could have a gun, imagine the fiasco that would ensue of bulllets flying everywhere, as everyone 'took their shot'. NO, we need less guns, less violence.

Criminals will carry guns no matter what. I'll take my right to defend myself and you can come and try to take it.
View profile

Criminals will carry guns no matter what. I'll take my right to defend myself and you can come and try to take it.

SPoken like a true madman

COmpare the # of guns per capita, per 100 citizens, and the u.s.a. is at the TOP with 88. Switzlerland, Sweden have about 1/3, and their violence ratings per capita are similarly outrageous as if you compare say , Switzerland with u.s.a, the # of homicides is staggeringly higher for us. So yeah, don't give me gun rights nonsense.

cu
caJAI

You fcking idiot. Please tell me a murderer/criminal that uses a gun that actually follows the law.

GIven your propensity for 'name calling', you are not objective and obviously very emotional, making the case that YOU of all people should not have a gun, or god forbid anything else sharp that you can hurt someone with. You are a danger to society.

Epic FAIL

cu
caJAI
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 11/5/2012 9:50 AM PST
11/05/2012 09:48 AMPosted by cajunctionAI
SPoken like a true madman

You're correct everyone who will ever own a gun will commit a crime, and become homicidal maniacs......................oh..........wait..................
As a foreign observer of the campaing, I'd have to say that I find hard to believe that people can actually give credit to someone who aspires to be a state leader AND at the same time has no knowledge whatsoever about macroeconomics. How can a serious individual claim that the average revenue of Americans is in the 150 000$ +++ per year???!!! Serriously????
How can people listen to Romney and consider him a legitimate challenger to anyone other than himself!!!!
Seriously...

(the average revenue in the U.S. is more like 45-50 000$....)
Edited by Avgvstvs#1703 on 11/5/2012 9:54 AM PST
11/05/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Madmax
As bad as America is, Europeans need to worry about their own problems. I'm sick of America being the world police and going out of it's way for people who hate the country, time America fixes it's own problems, makes it's own jobs and takes care of itself. Everyone knows Europe is going to fall apart in 10 years anyways. Might as well fix the problems we have, let the oh so well meaning and great Europeans manage their own affairs.

1) with globalization, all countries affairs matter to each other;
2) your problems are our problems since you guys started this global crisis.
3) nobody asked to "cough cough" spread democracy and go for natural resources.

As a foreign observer of the campaing, I'd have to say that I find hard to believe that people can actually give credit to someone who aspires to be a state leader AND at the same time has no knowledge whatsoever about macroeconomics. How can a serious individual claim that the average revenue of Americans is in the 150 000$ +++ per year???!!! Serriously????
How can people listen to Romney and consider him a legitimate challenger to anyone other than himself!!!!
Seriously...

+1
Edited by Amiscar#2951 on 11/5/2012 9:54 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]