Diablo® III

Is won khim lau worth it?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nerdstomp-1234/hero/14847749

Wanna replace the rare with a 900+dps with 20+light dmg with LS/Open socket, it says I lose the 9-10k dps for the ones im looking at but is the hidden dps with the 20 percent lightning dmg increase worth it? Or should I just get a better rare?
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Go for it, ignore the paper dps, u will know how great a WKL is in battle :DDD
Reply Quote
You lose 10k dps, from 165 to 155 but 155 x 1.2 (from 20% increase) = 186, so it's actually a 20k dps gain.

I love my WKL, sadly i need 100m to upgrade mine.

Edit: I'm on EU servers and just bought a secondary set with Skorn for xp farm.

My WKL stats are:
929 dps
6% lightning damage
24% lightning skills damage
287 dexterity
socket
Edited by HECTIC#2328 on 11/6/2012 1:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
WKL is worth it.
Reply Quote
Yes, and yes.
Reply Quote
alright haha I guess ill be looking into some WKL with 20+ percent 900+dps and socket or 80+chd

then dmg-dmg 4.5cc 9ias nats ring and 260+dex, 60+vit nats boots! if anyone has for trade let me know! US servers
Reply Quote
Yea really sad so many people don't get WKL because they cant see the hidden dps so they assume its a loss when really its a huge gain.
Reply Quote
I have a similar question:

I just bought a inna's reach for 50k, just cause it was so cheap i wanted to try it out. I currently use WKL with socket and a rare fist with socket on second hand. The thing is the Inna's reach i got has 1400 dps, 350 dex and a socket. Knowing my build currently uses FoT-Thunderclap and SW-Cyclone, what will be best?
Reply Quote

My WKL stats are:
929 dps
6% lightning damage
24% lightning skills damage
287 dexterity
socket

That's as good as it gets for WKL...
Reply Quote
WKL's paper dps sucks, but YOU will see a difference in how hard your FoT and cyclone hits.
Reply Quote
Yep, I did a ton of testing on it - the damage it adds is considerable. Plus it especially favors high crit builds as more tornados spawn = more lightning damage = uber.
Reply Quote
+1 for the WKL, suggest looking for one with 60+ LPSS over LS if you use Transendece passive. A lot cheaper.
Reply Quote
how do you figure out the hidden damage and if its worth it or not this is something ive been iffy about getting but i guess after seeing this i might aswell go ahed and get one
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Hambone07si
+1 for the WKL, suggest looking for one with 60+ LPSS over LS if you use Transendece passive. A lot cheaper.

LPSS monk with 60 LPSS + socket WKL here and this man tells the truth.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 11:34 AMPosted by DLoot
how do you figure out the hidden damage and if its worth it or not this is something ive been iffy about getting but i guess after seeing this i might aswell go ahed and get one

Multiply your dps by the percentage of bonus of lightning dmg it has and add it to dps.

Ex:
100k dps with Won Khim at 25%:

100,000 * 1.25 = 125,000
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
To be fair, it is more like 75% of the WKL bonus to your dps.

Your FoT is ~50% of your DPS.
Your SW is ~25% of your DPS.
Your Cyclone is ~25% of your DPS.

SW is not effected.

Therefore: 75% of WKL bonus to total DPS.
Reply Quote
It's worth it until Blizzard decides to "promote" build diversity by nerfing FoT.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
11/06/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Furiex
It's worth it until Blizzard decides to "promote" build diversity by nerfing FoT.

You even saying that makes me want to run and hide.

Please no :(
Reply Quote
To be fair, it is more like 75% of the WKL bonus to your dps.

Your FoT is ~50% of your DPS.
Your SW is ~25% of your DPS.
Your Cyclone is ~25% of your DPS.

SW is not effected.

Therefore: 75% of WKL bonus to total DPS.

Was giving him a rough idea just off paperdoll. It isn't accurate but you get the idea that it increases your dps dramatically.

Note that this is not paperdoll dps Druin is talking about. You would have to calculate real dps, SW/Cyclone is not factored into paperdoll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]