Diablo® III

Projax Guide for WD1.0.5-fast legendary farm

Cool build, only issue I have with it is in my gear level the HP regen I get is kinda low and I don't have much to soak up any damage I may take.
Reply Quote
yeah you need to boost ur ressistances alot ;)
Reply Quote
Trying your build and variations between what I usually run. Question, do you run any MF gear or suggest a minimum MF value to get higher drop rate?
Reply Quote
well personaly ive got 375 mf (with stacks) at mp1.

I have high paragon level. but ofc for low paragon level - more mf the better chance to get legendary. Im almost capped
Reply Quote
Nice DPS by the way. Since I don't quite have that much I took a different spin on it which seems to work well.

Instead of Circle of life passive I used an active spell 'Grasp of the Dead' and 'Death is Life'. It will spawn zombie dogs and then a lot of globes. It also doubles as another attack spell to use. Slow enemies and do more damage on top of acid cloud.

The frog mojo with additional range from grave injustice passive and gruesome feast sucks up globes boosts my DPS huge. Elites and large mobs I'll hit up to 190K DPS.

Grave injustice knocks my cooldown so fast I can almost spam spirit walk / grasp of the dead (up to 3 at one time). I did drop haunt for grasp so I am a little slower but for me its a trade off for higher DPS and mowing through faster.

I kept my gargantuan and fierce loyalty. I have a lot of life regen so my garg tanks well with it and big stinker poison cloud procs a lot of life return with life steal. Survivability thing at higher MP.

I use widow spiders in place of darts. They auto seek, regen some mana and allows more acid clouds. They also obstruct target movement to some degree and combined damage on a single yellow elite is good with the combo of acid cloud and grasp. Tears them down in a hurry.

The rest are whatever skills. I still use big bad voodoo for spamming bears or acid cloud. I typically use a bear build and play close range. I never really got acid cloud builds to be that successful at MP6 or higher. This is awesome for farming.
Reply Quote
Forgot to mention... I ran for an hour and a half roughly on MP1/2. Must have done at least 3-4 runs fully clearing bastion keep dungeon, fields or slaughter, crater and no legendary drops. I have about 290-330 after NV so would say you need a lot more MF to get drops.
Reply Quote
Thumbs up for this good guide.
Reply Quote
interesting guide thanks. So you think acid clouds gives more dps then bears? I might try it to switch things up. Have a good one thanks.
Reply Quote
SICK build. sacrifice is so much fun. thumbs up :) thanks for making me enjoy my new wd even more, as well as making him even more efficient.
Reply Quote
two days, MP0 farming, 300 MF, 10 legends, 3 keys (at MP3) 5 runs, 3 P levels... a scorn and other goodies. 8 hours total play time
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 11/11/2012 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah AC is better for lower mps thanks to 24y radius aoe almost oneshoting (two shoting ) anything. If your dps is low you should try run mp0 since youll get same quality of loot in act3

anyway In 6 hours yday ive got 16 legendaries. Ofc its matter of luck and I am almost capped. But it realy works like magic.

All credits go to Moldran // athene for their opinion that I just transfered to WD cause everybody is thinking that wd suck
Reply Quote
Tried the build out, absolutely awesome.
The only time this build gave me problem was when ZD didn't spawn from the passive thus I didn't have enough mana to keep up so I counter this by switching darts to Widowmaker and it work out pretty nicely. The LOH on Acid Rain make the fast run very viable.
Reply Quote
I've noticed a bit of trend. When I hit PG level 31-33 got a lot of drops. 41-43 same. Just hit 51 and started to get a lot of drops again. Anyone notice the same?
Reply Quote
just got 7 legendaries in 2 hours. So far so good. Keep it up guys ;)
Reply Quote
Just curious, I know you said your run time on the Youtube videos are longer since you are multitasking, but what are you avg times for the alkaizer run on MP0-3? I'd be impressed if you could beat run times of WDs using bears and AC.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
Got my first semi-valuable item using this build, cheers!
http://i.imgur.com/GrzSe.png :3
Reply Quote
View profile
How can anyone be mana starved at MP3 and below? Especially at 150k unbuffed DPS. In that sense, taking the mana regen passive with Sacrifice doesn't make much sense to me. Spirit Barrage + Well of Souls also does a truck load more single target DPS then Poison Darts do.

Also, when you have some LS as well as Life on Hit, Cloud of Bats works amazingly with Acid Cloud. You can one shot Acid Cloud basically all mobs you come across and face tank elites and champions to death in seconds with Cloud of Bats.

I've been playing around with using Acid Cloud with Spirit Barrage Manitou and Cloud of Bats. You basically have Manitou firing off at all times (150k crits, basically a pretty nice dot) spam Acid Cloud and Cloud of Bats on elites. The only down side is that you lose the movement speed from Horrify, but you could always use that instead of Manitou.

I think a lot of people are missing how awesome Cloud of Bats is because they use it and think the range is so poor. It's actually a pretty awesome ability.

Other then that, great guide, videos are great as well.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Projax
just got 7 legendaries in 2 hours. So far so good. Keep it up guys ;)

Because legs are the new yellow. /golfclap
Edited by DirtyLarry#1533 on 11/11/2012 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
How can anyone be mana starved at MP3 and below? Especially at 150k unbuffed DPS. In that sense, taking the mana regen passive with Sacrifice doesn't make much sense to me. Spirit Barrage + Well of Souls also does a truck load more single target DPS then Poison Darts do.

Also, when you have some LS as well as Life on Hit, Cloud of Bats works amazingly with Acid Cloud. You can one shot Acid Cloud basically all mobs you come across and face tank elites and champions to death in seconds with Cloud of Bats.

I've been playing around with using Acid Cloud with Spirit Barrage Manitou and Cloud of Bats. You basically have Manitou firing off at all times (150k crits, basically a pretty nice dot) spam Acid Cloud and Cloud of Bats on elites. The only down side is that you lose the movement speed from Horrify, but you could always use that instead of Manitou.

I think a lot of people are missing how awesome Cloud of Bats is because they use it and think the range is so poor. It's actually a pretty awesome ability.

Other then that, great guide, videos are great as well.

I should clarify that the OP's suggestions definitely make the runs faster then mine lol
Reply Quote
Tried this build yesterday and it works wonders on mp1. Less than 1 hour of runs and i have gotten 3 legendaries ( Inna Helm, Ivory Tower Shield and Dawn).

However i customized a little on the build.

1. Swap out a few eq for more MF, ended up around 180-190k raw dps.

2. Splinters instead of Flaming Darts (personal preference), Spirit Vessel instead of Circle of Life, Flaming/Leech Dogs instead of Sacrifice. May take out Dogs and put in Manitou. I tried without ToTD even though i have a spare one and it works fine, maybe it is due to my existing pick up radius on 3 eq. Didn't need any mana regen after all but i had to slow down for 5-10 sec on certain group of elite, especially Reflect.

Kudos to this build again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]