Diablo® III

Skill Proc Coefficients [Complete List]

(Locked)

11/18/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Kabuke
thanks, that does help. one more thing does the LoH pc and things like chance on crit to reduce overpowers CD the same? cause i see the battle rage w/ bloodshed crit also, trying to figure out if it can drop the overpower CD

From what I understood from the discussion in JarthMarders thread, spells have one proc rate so once you know the LoH proc rate you know the proc rate for anything that can proc. (hope that makes sense)

As far as I understand it any crit can reduce the CD on OP but that has nothing to do with battle rage/bloodshed's proc rate or lack thereof.
Edited by shreloche#1427 on 11/18/2012 1:56 PM PST
Thanks, awesome info !

It's really sad that Blizzard keeps this hidden, since it's such a big part of the game ! A skill's proc rate can very well define the skill's usefulness, so why keep it hidden ? :(

Blizzard, give this a sticky and a blue confirmation. Until you publish the official info, which is needed.
Bump for awesome topic.
Way to go, saved in my favs. Thanks a lot.
11/18/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Kabuke
thanks, that does help. one more thing does the LoH pc and things like chance on crit to reduce overpowers CD the same? cause i see the battle rage w/ bloodshed crit also, trying to figure out if it can drop the overpower CD
The 'Chance to _______ on crit' relies on the proc coefficient of the skill used. I'm 99% (99% because Blizzard may have played with Barb skills to make them different from everything else for all I know) sure that if there is no number actually stated, it inherits the proc chance of the skill you are using, so in the case of BR -> Bloodshed, the CD of overpower would never get reduced since the 0% proc rate would get inherited yielding no proc.

11/18/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Mist3rHyde
It's really sad that Blizzard keeps this hidden, since it's such a big part of the game ! A skill's proc rate can very well define the skill's usefulness, so why keep it hidden ? :(
I agree =\ It'd be nice to have this in the skill tooltips, but it might clutter them up too much...maybe if they were in the game guide on the BNet forum it would be an easy lookup for everyone.

11/19/2012 02:10 AMPosted by Bassfisher
You actually put time and effort into this game? WOOOOOWWW
ofc. I play, so why figure out how to play better than everyone else ;D

hehe & thx for the free bumps & small time accolades peeps..always happy to throw out knowledge for the community.
Edited by ZzEzZ#1377 on 11/19/2012 2:33 AM PST
Hi

I once tried to test this by using a MP10 Rift Occulus in Act 4, but I got lazy and stopped part way through.

However, I noticed a conflict between one of your values, and one that I happened to test. I had 900 LoH, and used Rain of Toads and got healed by exactly 3600, thus concluding that the proc coefficient is 4, but you have it listed as 0.5. Can you check this again?

I know that RoT is widely used because of its amazing proc coefficient.
Hi

I once tried to test this by using a MP10 Rift Occulus in Act 4, but I got lazy and stopped part way through.

However, I noticed a conflict between one of your values, and one that I happened to test. I had 900 LoH, and used Rain of Toads and got healed by exactly 3600, thus concluding that the proc coefficient is 4, but you have it listed as 0.5. Can you check this again?

I know that RoT is widely used because of its amazing proc coefficient.
Glad you started re-testing at least :)

The proc coefficients on the list are all per hit, and Rain of Toads hits multiple times per second (8 times going by your numbers). That's why you healed for 3600 using 900 Life on Hit even through the PC says 0.5

I did it per hit for accuracy, and if you 1 shot a mob with RoT you'll only gain the benefit of the first hit anyway so the LoH gained would be waaaaay lower than expected if the numbers showed per second instead.
Edited by ZzEzZ#1377 on 11/19/2012 3:20 AM PST

The proc coefficients on the list are all per hit, and Rain of Toads hits multiple times per second (8 times going by your numbers). That's why you healed for 3600 using 900 Life on Hit even through the PC says 0.5

So are all your DoT skills (where the description says "x damage over t seconds" going by the half-second? (Since ticks are every half-second). I think that might be wise to clarify.

And I suppose your way is better, to show the half-second tick proc, rather than total proc, since probability-based procs don't add up. (Eg. with 10% chance to stun, you don't have an 80% chance overall with RoT, but rather, 1 - 0.9^8 = 57% chance.)

So are all your DoT skills (where the description says "x damage over t seconds" going by the half-second? (Since ticks are every half-second). I think that might be wise to clarify.

And I suppose your way is better, to show the half-second tick proc, rather than total proc, since probability-based procs don't add up. (Eg. with 10% chance to stun, you don't have an 80% chance overall with RoT, but rather, 1 - 0.9^8 = 57% chance.)
Yes, the DoT PCs are shown as per hit (per half second based on what you're saying). I'll add that to the first post. & yup, your stun based example is another reason I listed them this way.
+1. Good job.
Bump
...Thank you SO FRICKIN MUCHOS, SENOR!
Liked, sticky requested, and linked over in my wizard sticky. Nice work.
Alright... where to start... First, nice work (i guess that is mandatory considering the quality of the post)

Second, I am very, very sorry, but I will criticize your awesome work. There is some inconsistency on the values you have listed. Some time you have listed the proc scalar of one instance of damage, sometime the addition of all instances.

Two example to show you my point :

DH : impale/chemical burn -> 2 x 1 = 2 time your LoH | you put 2.000 (the final result of the 2 damage instances)
It does not fallow your statement :
11/10/2012 07:31 PMPosted by ZzEzZ
Every proc coefficient (including DoT) is listed as per hit.

Wizard spectral blade/healing blade -> 3 x 0.14 = 0.42 time your LoH | you put 0.140 (the proc scalar of one damage instance)

And my third point :
I don't agree with some of the value you have found. I will retest every conflicting value before raising any alarm. I don't want to contest any value without double checking first. :)
The only one I am sure right now is plague of toad/toad of hugeness : 1 instead of 0 I am sure it is a typo.

Once again, great job! It is really nice to find out there is one crazy proc scalar person I don't know on the forum yet. I truly don't know why I did not found that thread 10 days ago.
Have fun, see you in game :)

[EDIT :
11/11/2012 07:31 PMPosted by ZzEzZ
Let the monster kill about half my life.

Pro tip : If you gain life regen and life by equipping an item. Only your max health is increased. If you then equip an item with vitality, it will also only increase your max health since you are injured. You can use this method to bring your toon at very low amount of health safely and without repair bill :).

11/11/2012 07:31 PMPosted by ZzEzZ
-- Wizard, Blizzard -> All Runes: Fixed proc coefficient (changed to .010 from .025 or .005 from .010)
Yes, some dot group the tick thus the difficulty :)]
Edited by Guybrush#2456 on 11/19/2012 4:00 PM PST
Don't all the spectral blade runes hit 3 times so their proc rate is always 3x the actual proc coefficient?

Also, why do CM/ww wizards use storm armor if the proc coef is zero?
Thanks for the post! Much appreciated info.
DH : impale/chemical burn -> 2 x 1 = 2 time your LoH | you put 2.000 (the final result of the 2 damage instances)
It does not fallow your statement :
Every proc coefficient (including DoT) is listed as per hit.

The damage over 2 seconds of Chemical burn does not include a proc coefficient, so the second hit you are seeing is that DoT. However, since it has no proc, it does not affect the proc coefficient per hit. There is only one hit that is counted for this Impale and it gives 200% LoH, ie. PC of 2.

11/19/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Guybrush
Wizard spectral blade/healing blade -> 3 x 0.14 = 0.42 time your LoH | you put 0.140 (the proc scalar of one damage instance)
What is wrong with this? 0.140 correctly dictates the PC of a single hit of this skill.

plague of toad/toad of hugeness : 1 instead of 0
Fixed.

Pro tip : If you gain life regen and life by equipping an item. Only your max health is increased. If you then equip an item with vitality, it will also only increase your max health since you are injured. You can use this method to bring your toon at very low amount of health safely and without repair bill :)
I used this method in the beginning, but back then if I accidentally died and tried re-equipping it wouldn’t lower my life. I decided letting them hit me was quicker.

Don't all the spectral blade runes hit 3 times so their proc rate is always 3x the actual proc coefficient?

Also, why do CM/ww wizards use storm armor if the proc coef is zero?
Yes to the first question, but if a monster can die on the first or second hit, meaning you won't get the full benefit of 3x hits or 3x PC.

@ the second question I asked one of my Wizard friends and he says "You crit like crazy, and everytime you crit it hits something with lightning." So, it's for the damage.

Updated: 11/19/2012 Witch Doctor, Plage of Toads -> Toad of Hugeness: Fixed proc coefficient (changed to 1.000 from 0.000)
incredibly useful.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]