Diablo® III

Shockquefy

After meteors nerf I was bumbed. Even with 30 apoc (max) -10 met reductions gear and -7 prism u just couldnt spam. Best gear couldn't spam. Until - Aph was first to show me using twisters to feed meteors. I found it works so well i can do it with only 20 apocs and no meteors reductions. I use liquefy. I think it's best even though damage is not best initially. It procs for 8 seconds vs 3 for other runes.

Here I am in FoS MP10 dealing around 1.2m DPS at peaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhUhL75jZQ&feature=plcp

Build is just build in my profile substituting wormhole for liquefy. Spam twisters till you get a good number up then start dropping bombs. If AP starts to become a problem drop more twisters. rinse repeat
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aimless-1700/hero/10258657
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/11/2012 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is it with the exact same gear as youre profile?

what aps?
Reply Quote
Very impressive!!!! especially with that second group of elites(Heralds). Are you running a liquid cooled sytem, saw the CPU temps. Also what video capture software do you use.
Reply Quote
Nice to see it working !
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Gcanum
Very impressive!!!! especially with that second group of elites(Heralds). Are you running a liquid cooled sytem, saw the CPU temps. Also what video capture software do you use.

Yeah that pack was reflect too. No problem.

Yes my system is watercooled GTX 680 and sandy bridge 2500K @ 5.1Ghz
Reply Quote
SO ive always wondered why use liquify, does it have a higher proc rate or does the extra dot time help that much?

I have a hard time not wanting to use motlen when i try this.
Edited by Camster#1504 on 11/11/2012 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cool video!
Reply Quote
Is it with the exact same gear as youre profile?

what aps?

Yes same gear. 2.82 aps. Just substitute teleport for liquefy.
Reply Quote
SO ive always wondered why use liquify, does it have a higher proc rate or does the extra dot time help that much?

Higher AND longer. Huge procing relatively. There is a reason it's last in tree IMO blizz puts best runes last. shocking aspect... chain reaction...shards...
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/11/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Higher AND longer. Huge procing relatively. There is a reason it's last in tree IMO blizz puts best runes last. shocking aspect... chain reaction...shards...

Nice!! Man this is working really good so far and i havent changed anything in my rig, i always though I would need 30 apoc and meteor reduction. That molten was really killing me.

Only mp6 with my lowly gear though, still so fun And effective!
Reply Quote
so umm whats shandler talking bout testing a slow and possibly something being true? :P
Reply Quote
Nice vid Aimless.

When I said it wouldnt work at 20apoc, I meant Impact wouldn't work. And I'd rather just use 3 Apocs sources and use Impact for the higher damage.

This is a good spec for those without 30 Apoc though but would recommend proogressing to Impact later on for more dps. You'll probably need more LOH too as less procs with Impact compared to Liquify.

For those running out of Apoc - simply spam less Meteor and more WW. Don't keep spamming too many Meteor's and let your WW's drop off. This is obviously based on how many mobs your hitting too. More mobs = more Metoer = more Apoc/LOH regen.

Also don't forget Liquify has to crit to get the extra procs.
Reply Quote
yeah but some folks are at 50cc aph, that means every other meteor crits
Reply Quote
Yeah. I don't show to discredit better gear just to show possibilities with lower end gear since many were asking. OFC I want 30 apocs, -5 met chant, 200K DPS the whole nine yards more more more so everything is better and can run full impact. But many can do this right now. give it a try is all. I think you'll find yourself cutting through MP10 in half the time as normal SNS.

It's a grind make it less of one.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/11/2012 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice vid aimless!

Is it just me, or are you using comet in the video, not liquefy?? haha i havent used liquefy for ages so not even sure if that blue ball falling was comet or liquefy :P

Liquefy overall gives 740% weapon damage (8x60% + 260), while molten gives 660% (3x90 + 390). But liquefy relies on crit chance. So assuming 50% CC, then on average you get 370% but more procs for APOC and thereefore more continous stream of meteors whereas molten is a bit more burst damage.

Is my maths and understanding even right?
Reply Quote
It was a compliment!

Like the basic CM/WW we evolve as Ias,CC,LOH,Ar,Armor improve
Reply Quote
yup thats pretty much it bankai, if u have 30 apoc u can do molten for more burst dmg
or if u have 20 apoc do liquefy as its more sustainable then molten when u have 20 apoc
Reply Quote
i think it's way way higher than 50% like your cc would indicate.

Say three targets get hit by meteor

50% + 50% + 50%.. I don't know how to set up an equation cuz i'm a left brained artist but it's higher more target u hit.

If you crit ANYONE in the dot it's staying a full 8 seconds.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/11/2012 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think it's way way higher than 50% like your cc would indicate.

Say three targets get hit by meteor

50% + 50% + 50%.. I don't know how to set up an equation cuz i'm a left brained artist but it's higher more target u hit.

your an artist? i didnt know many artists were into games since they prefer to spend their time with the "finer" things in life like wine, cheese and art galleries :P

I see, so ur saying that liquefy has more mob crowd potential, while molten better against single targets?

If liquefy stacks, and you can cast more liquefies than moltens overall (due to more procs), then perhaps in a long uber battle, liquefy wins out??

Will have to test it out!
Reply Quote
I've tried different variations of this added to my CM/WW setup and I love it. I will definitely check this one out later this evening, Aimless! Thanks again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]