Diablo® III

No Word on 1.05 Framerate?

Every blue post I see on the Mac technical forums pertaining to 1.05 performance seems to be tip toeing around the frame rate issue. That is, the dramatic drop of framerates and increase in rubber banding since 1.05 has been implemented.

All I want to know is will this be fixed for 1.06? A hotfix would be nice, considering the game worked fine from 1.03-1.04, but seems unlikely at this point. My framerate went from 50-60fps in 1.04 to 20-30 in 1.05, and it drops to 7-12 fps for every single elite pack or white mob. This never happened before.

I guess I am seeking more clarity than the ambiguous...
"It is possible for certain machines to experience "stuttering" when all of the game's assets are fully loaded. Our testing has concluded on this issue and Blizzard hopes to have this resolved in a future patch."

This seems like a huge problem to me. I also know this doesn't need to be iterated any more either but, it really sucks that my $60 SINGLE PLAYER game has essentially been bastardized by this buggy (and obviously not properly tested) patch.
Reply Quote
Yea this issue has come back for me too.
Reply Quote
In my experience the performance of this game under OS X has never been great, nevertheless it is at its worst in the current '1.05' build.

I speculate they are acknowledging the reports and merely testing solutions before they make further comments. I can certainly do a screen capture or something to help persuade the team to hasten their work-ethic a bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]