Diablo® III

SEISMIC SLAM - IN DEPTH RUNE ANALYSES

View profile
UPDATE: Seismic Slam - is each rune useful?

Pro's and con's for each:

Strength from earth:
+ Makes SS more spammable (especially vs fewer targets, Into the fray regens much more fury with denser mobs).
+ works very well with high attack speed builds

Rumble:
+ Makes SS proc Into the fray 3x more (from the extra hits of rumble) netting more fury return. (can someone confirm?)
+ Needs a large group of targets to sustain spam

Shattered Ground:
+ Can knockback Elites (pvp...)

Cracking Rift:
- The increased damage is hugely sacrificed by the gimped width and range.

Stagger:
+ Stun (pvp...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, I think all of the runes are useful, except Cracking Rift.
My favorite for high mob density pve is Rumble.
However, I have played around with Shattered Ground, and it feels much more powerful (the red palette shift and knockback of elites). I have stacked attack speed, so against single targets, I prefer Strength from Earth.

Opinions?
Edited by Castablanca#1545 on 1/10/2013 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
If u have high crit chance, rumble for sure. Much easier to keep wotb up due to high fury gain and dump at the same time.

Both got 33% proc chance but rumble proc more from the residue.
Reply Quote
Plus u can chain up kills easier. U have a 2 second window to sprint to the next group.
Reply Quote
View profile
Agreed.
the proc from residue is very good.

11/11/2012 07:54 PMPosted by lok9
Both got 33% proc chance but rumble proc more from the residue.
Reply Quote
Also since 1.0.5 u can actually target the area for residue. Pretty useful after some practice
Reply Quote
View profile
11/11/2012 08:03 PMPosted by lok9
Also since 1.0.5 u can actually target the area for residue. Pretty useful after some practice

I noticed this. but, I don't see any damage ticking on re-targeted residues. (someone confirm please)
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
Rumble is great for farming due to its slowing the enemy mobs down, proccing your LOH/LS, and filling your fury up. SFE is good if you have less than 50% (approx) CC buffed. Im over 60% with WOTB, and really dont have a problem keeping my globe full, unless I space off spamming :)

I noticed this. but, I don't see any damage ticking on re-targeted residues. (someone confirm please)

Ive been doing testing with slam, and it seems to me that the graphics of the rumble will move with your cursor, but the actually rumble effect is where the slam originated. Go to like stonefort, have enemies on both sides, slam behind you, click the other way, youll see rumble crits where you slammed, but the animation will be the other way you clicked.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 11/12/2012 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
11/12/2012 02:11 PMPosted by RagingKoala
ve been doing testing with slam, and it seems to me that the graphics of the rumble will move with your cursor, but the actually rumble effect is where the slam originated. Go to like stonefort, have enemies on both sides, slam behind you, click the other way, youll see rumble crits where you slammed, but the animation will be the other way you clicked.

I also tested this similarly. So, I think it's just a bug that the rumble animation follows where you re-click your cursor. But, the rumble damage still happens at original area. That's confirmed, that the rumble is still happening, just graphics are out of sync. (CONFIRMED by RagingKaoula)
Edited by Castablanca#1545 on 11/12/2012 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
^
Reply Quote
View profile
I been using slam rumble since patches ago. It's a godly skill with the right gears and skills:)

Infinite wotb is easy at higher mp.

The mouse cursor targeting for the residue is a mechism blizz implemented to prevent barb from doing excessive kiting (abuse). For geared slam barb, it may seem more convenient since we control where the residue lands.

Edit: are you sure it's only animation out of sync?
Edited by Lightofeast#1609 on 11/12/2012 5:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]