Diablo® III

OFFICIAL "mobs aren't at full health" thread!

It's probably some tremors walking over explosive barrels. I've seen them idling and walking around, destroying stuff in their way and accidentally bumping on barrels.
Reply Quote
I've seen it only with MP on, and only in A1 North/South Highlands. Khazra packs coming at me with a small chunk of their health bars already gone. Also, random piles of gold appearing off screen, as if it was a drop from a killed mob. Tested it with no companions/related skills. I guess it is a bug that has something to do with how Blizz "nerfed" monster health with MP on.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Zoid
Who cares? Its less health means faster runs.... Maybe its how they adjusted their health for the nerf in 1.0.5 b

Guessing you haven't done much programming.

Games balance is terrible and many skills and items need fixing.

Cry about the appearance of monster health bar to a limited dev team.
Reply Quote
Please add random gold in floor (i play alone and im not WW)
Reply Quote
Have noticed this myself and wondered.
Started happening after patch.
Something I always have noticed is the random gold piles already laying there some places.
I always pick them up, my superstition.
Reply Quote
The only time I have seen this is on MP0.

Which made me assume that it was just the programming using MP1 health bars and MP0 health - leaving 25%~ already taken off.

For everybody else, what MP levels did you see it on?
Reply Quote
I've seen random piles of gold in solo A3 runs in inferno MP1 and when playing co-op have seen enemies with noticeable health loss in A1/A2 Hell MP10 - Enough damage to know that my lvl58 friend couldn't put that much on them with his lame weapon and I know I hadn't touched them yet.
Reply Quote
I've seen this in plenty of zones recently, including zones with no real elemental damage and no damaging NPCs.
Reply Quote
Don't see the issue here. Same thing happens in real life.

Go to a grocery store or any well traveled public place, and you'll see all sorts of people who've had the crap kicked out of them by their daily lives.
Edited by MwagonDriver#1159 on 11/12/2012 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've noticed it on all Acts and difficulty as long as MP is turned on. Don't think I have noticed it with MP0.
Reply Quote
This seems to happen in the various sewer areas of A2 a lot also and I'm pretty sure there's nothing down there to cause passive enemy damage.
Reply Quote
This bug is unimportant and doesn't really effect anything.

I hope they don't devote much manpower to fixing it, I'd be fine with it never being fixed in fact simply because it's not even a nuisance, it's just a little strange and that's it.

Anyway, I think it's caused by something between multiplayer and monster power. Like players join, health pool on some monsters increase, but it's only increasing the maximum health and not the total. Haven't observed enough to know for certain yet.
Reply Quote
I've been seeing this a lot, too. I've just been thinking some kind of environmental hazard or whatever went off and caused some damage, or maybe some stray ranged attack hurt some bad guys far off the screen, and I just didn't see...

I'd definitely like to see this looked at.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Loler
It's probably some tremors walking over explosive barrels. I've seen them idling and walking around, destroying stuff in their way and accidentally bumping on barrels.

Credit for the creative way of thinking how they can lose health... that certainly didn't cross my mind to include in the list. Pretty specific. Still not what's going on, of course.

11/12/2012 08:35 AMPosted by FatZero

Guessing you haven't done much programming.

Games balance is terrible and many skills and items need fixing.

Cry about the appearance of monster health bar to a limited dev team.

Not at all crying, bringing up an obvious bug that cropped up recently so it can be looked at.

The only time I have seen this is on MP0.

Which made me assume that it was just the programming using MP1 health bars and MP0 health - leaving 25%~ already taken off.

For everybody else, what MP levels did you see it on?

I've been farming MP4 mostly, some MP5, and I was doing ubers on MP8 the other night. I've seen it on all of them.

11/12/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Ackenlore
I've noticed it on all Acts and difficulty as long as MP is turned on. Don't think I have noticed it with MP0.

Interesting contrast to the above quote. I haven't tried MP0 myself but apparently it shows up there as well. I'll have to run around later and take a look.

This bug is unimportant and doesn't really effect anything.

I hope they don't devote much manpower to fixing it, I'd be fine with it never being fixed in fact simply because it's not even a nuisance, it's just a little strange and that's it.

Anyway, I think it's caused by something between multiplayer and monster power. Like players join, health pool on some monsters increase, but it's only increasing the maximum health and not the total. Haven't observed enough to know for certain yet.

We don't know just how unimportant the bug is. It may seem unimportant, but again, we have no idea what is behind the scenes causing it.

It isn't related to players leaving and joining as I almost exclusively solo and notice it constantly. That's another good one to add to the list, though.
Reply Quote
I ran into this today. Mp3-4. Act 1 inferno. Can't recall off the top of my head if it was happening in other acts as well. Farmed act 1 then pony land and it was happening there as well.
Reply Quote
I've run into this across various MPs, Acts, difficulties, zones, etc. Ever since it started (Nov 2/3), it has been ever-present in every game I've played.
Reply Quote
I see this also, In all Mp's that I have played. Mp 2,3,4,5 and 6
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:36 AMPosted by StriderRemix
I've run into this across various MPs, Acts, difficulties, zones, etc. Ever since it started (Nov 2/3), it has been ever-present in every game I've played.

This^
Reply Quote
not a bug, they prepare the mobs life nerf in MP for new patch
Reply Quote
I've noticed this everywhere.
Is it a bug?

I thought there was randomization in monster's starting HP values.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]