Diablo® III

Jedi Monk Academy - Sagittarius constellation

Ah i was just visiting some family, i am back now.

@Moe

Thunderclap may work against molten, but it's very mechanic works against you on that particular affix. That is why its bad against it, even though its far from impossible to kill with it.

Much later edit:

You can fight uphill and claim its l2p issue, but you are still fighting uphill xD
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 12/4/2012 2:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Druin's review of the entirety of page 31:

Raahltroll 10/10!

Well played! :D
Reply Quote
yes, the power of lordtroll compels you. >;D
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/3/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
How often does Druin adress himself in third person? :P
Reply Quote
^ LOL, Hey guys im taking the chance now that you are here (Nocturnal,Druin,Tsaxaman,Vrkhyz) and for every monk that wants to add me in game im available to help or to be teached haha sometimes both.

Id like to have the ultimate monk friend list ( And I dont want to spam you with my requests.. so ill wait for yours). Actually now that I think off it would be awesome to pull a good 4 monk team for mp10 ownage and record it all.

Hope to see you ingame soon.
Edited by Colt#2370 on 12/3/2012 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^ LOL, Hey guys im taking the chance now that you are here (Nocturnal,Druin,Tsaxaman,Vrkhyz) and for every monk that wants to add me in game im available to help or to be teached haha sometimes both.

Id like to have the ultimate monk friend list ( And I dont want to spam you with my requests.. so ill wait for yours). Actually now that I think off it would be awesome to pull a good 4 monk team for mp10 ownage and record it all.

Ah, I see you have discovered the "Wildwood + Flesh Tearer" combo ... so OP right?!
Reply Quote
^ HAHA, yes its +17 experience per kill man cant let it go since level 40, I have issues moving forward.

Oh well i dont use them all the time though.

See this if you want to check what im up to
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037253?page=29#561
Edited by Colt#2370 on 12/3/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
^ HAHA, yes its +17 experience per kill man cant let it go since level 40, I have issues moving forward.

Oh well i dont use them all the time though.

See this if you want to check what im up to

So you are getting ~60m xp/hr right?

If so, that seems pretty good for the average xp/hr based build! nice!
Reply Quote

I'm not in game now (at work) so send me a request if you want so I dont forget.

Done ubers MP8 several times. Packing 159k dps unbuffed after my recent lottery wins with a 30% SoJ and my crit chance nat ring.

Although the more damage i put on, the more i die.... against RD + minion. Sigh.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 12/3/2012 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
So you are getting ~60m xp/hr right?

If so, that seems pretty good for the average xp/hr based build! nice!

Yeah its almost the average 50-52 m, but your tempest rush is far more effective for that to be honest, im working now on a combination of this and your build, its looking pretty good and the XP got better :D
Edited by Colt#2370 on 12/3/2012 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Colt I'd love to run with you. Unfortunately I run with the EU team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, how are we doing with the post count my Lord?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The academy turned my multiplayer sessions upside down. Let me elaborate on that.

Every time I get together with friends becomes a mess if I don't organize MY build. It all falls apart if I dont get it working... Tested with barbs, demon hunters, witch doctors, other monks and wizards (omg the wizards...).

I have literally never met a person that thinks "Oh, now that I'm playing with you guys maybe I'll use this skill to make as stronger as a group''. But nooooo. Everyone of them uses the same build their playing for solo games (maybe a WD will give us a voodoo buff).

Now, I have to check everybodys skill set to see what keeps the party together and stronk. Sigh. It's a complicated life the life of a monk...

The thing is that I 'm getting wiser with my monk searching through these lines that the kind Lord provided for us and I'm very grateful for that. -_-

Gentlemen we have accomplished something great here. Keep it up!

PS : great work on the videos and the new builds revealed. Liked every one of them.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Tsaxaman
I have literally never met a person that thinks "Oh, now that I'm playing with you guys maybe I'll use this skill to make as stronger as a group''. But nooooo. Everyone of them uses the same build their playing for solo games (maybe a WD will give us a voodoo buff).

Well I adjust my skills all the time, and the more I run with some one the more I adjust, sometimes I just ask wich skill of mine they prefer haha, anything that makes it easier for us all.

About servers, I think im rather misinformed and ignorant ( never really payed much attention to it), is it impossible to play with some one from other server? I guess it is unless you start a character on said server right? can you migrate characters between servers? Is there any work around to that?

NVM, reading this https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-global-play-faq
That really sucks, I cant understand the reasons beyond splitting regions.

↓ God damn I wonder if I chose the wrong server
Edited by Colt#2370 on 12/3/2012 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Colt,

Would be great to play with ya, but unfortunately i am playing on EU servers as well:D
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Colt

Wow. I thought you had lost a bet or something :)
Reply Quote
@Tsaxaman,
we are fine on post-counts, as long as you guys don't socialize too much, hehehe.
Remember, we are in the beginning stage of the New World, and these materials are not yet open the public until Libra . But when we are, this temple will be filled with new disciples, and will raise post count very fast, so you guys should bide your time save space for when we need them. >;)

Also, Tsaxaman, if you haven't added Nocturnal in the EU, you should.
And you guys are charged with the task of finding disciples in the EU region.
If you find honorable monks in the game lobby chat who are open minded,
then show them the portal to the knowledge of the Force. ;)

In the EU region, you can find enlightened ones, by infoing them,
if you see interesting gearing and build setup, and decent kill count,
let them know whatsup. You can look for signs such as non-Inna,
non-cyclone cookie cutter, using dashing strike or exploding palm, etc.
Reply Quote
@tsaxaman, nocturnal, and anybody interested.

Since the argument come out, I will take advantage from it. I am also EU based so if interested I can add you both (or viceversa). I didn't take the initiative since I am still at the beginning of my path (around 200hrs play-time and my maximum tried mp is level 6).

Cheers! And Union make us stronger :)

------------------------------------------------

Playing with others can be annoyng somethimes. The most usefull ally is the wizard-freezer. We have some nice skills for CC (other than mantras) that we oftgen don't use. I'll would really love playing again with cyclone-strike (like the statement from another post before). Obviously it depends on your friends ;)
Reply Quote
@Tsaxaman,

I totally agree with you. Solo build and multiplayers has to be differents and many EU players just don't know it.

If you want try combinaison build, add me (anyone interested can too). I'd be glad to share experiment (only MP6 max for now) with any monk from the Jedi temple. Since I'm not connected as often as I'd like, be patient as any monk should be.

@ Count :
Just love Your #10 build. I currently play a version of it since my gear isn't high enough.

P.S : Sorry if my english is bad. Well, you know how French are with foreigns langages ;)
Edited by PolyV#2539 on 12/4/2012 2:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bramandor, you are welcome to add me :)

I'm not playing overly much these days, and when im online i tend to be theorycrafting and checking builds, mechanics and such, but every now and then i do a burst of play where i do some 5-10 paragon levels .:D

EDIT:

What we should be doing, is befriend the Wizard community. A Wizard is a monks best friend! They will love us for cyclone strike builds etc, and we will enjoy serving a greater purpose.

Half of my friend list or more is playing monk, maybe 3/4 (including 100% of my irls).
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 12/4/2012 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Actually that's not insane. In fact I was thinking the same thing but then I though to myself. Wat da heck I will raise and breed and growth a Wizard to be used along with Monks XD

And since their items do not exclude, farming for Wizard stuff makes everything more efficient. Curently I have found more legs for wiz rather than for Monk :'(
Reply Quote
this is blasphemy!
this is madness!
this...is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYZRskNV3w

pd: greetings from bramandor. An humile follower :)

Bwahahahaaa!!!

By the gods I haven't seen that video in 2 years and it's still funny as all the 9 Hells

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]