Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Well I might be simple minded but I dont really care much about the subject, its up to anyone whether they give gifts or not, or whether the reasons are or whether its december or not.
Also, gameplay wise if all of this materialism results in skill/gear nerfs so be it.
I will adjust my strategy accordingly, like I have done many times in the past.
Cut the personals and enjoy the holiday as well as the monk sanctuary.
Edited by Colt#2370 on 12/19/2012 4:07 PM PST
It is good we have some happy monks that make our forums worthy of Christmas, instead of old dry ones buried in the scriptures :)
I mean nothing by it, i am often so detached from the holidays and the usual flow of life that it catches me by surprise! Just look at now, it's already christmas and im only starting to realize it.
Speaking of which, it reminds me that i gotta remember to scratch my calender, i think i forgot the last 15 days or something. Here in Denmark we have a scratchcard (is it called that?) calender. For some reason it became tradition in my family and we always get one, but i totally forgot all about it till now :D
On topic - There's nothing wrong with giving, and i think nearly everyone joined games in D2 to hand out the loot you didn't need to hopefully make someone happy.
Taking a look at the class forums, we should be happy that we have so many active monks doing things for the community. The monk forum is the best ;)
now.. lets see if i win something on this calender.. we have notoriously never won anything worthy of any mention over all these years.. but hey, maybe it happens now :P
EDIT: Damn. 50kr. Thats like 9 bucks, the lowest win/purchase price.. maybe next year :D
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 12/20/2012 12:01 AM PST
still 4 left ;D
But i have to get 4 christmas balls or christmas candles to win further and that aint gonna happen :P
Rofl,im tryin to reassemble my lamp! I was gonna get one for christmas since the switch in this one is broken.. but i had to go and pick one out for it so now i just removed the switch instead and it works like a charm
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 12/20/2012 2:11 AM PST
Monk was among the first char I got to lvl 60 and left to dust. Man, reading what you put up, is less than spectacle. Seriously, your sense of humor is wicked~! You must have been a real genius in real life. Keep up the spirit in whatever you do, be it Jedi Academy or Real Life Academy.
Happy holidays everybody and merry Christmas. Here in Greece things are pretty lean at best.
But the world of sanctuary has been good to me lately and brought me to 50m mark for the fist time.
Chapter 12 - The Book of Pisces
I've been looking for weapon upgrade options, so how about that? Care to elaborate or is it too soon?
I'm very happy with my won khim lau, but I gotta loose the attachment with the lightning skills. It's been keeping me back.
This is epic!
But oh darn it's a lot of text and with all those posts required to post it, it makes it a little confusing... Is there somewhere you could download it in like a PDF or something? Would be lovely, could even be sat up as an actual book, with all videos inside it and such.... Or maybe all the videos would be to heavy. :P
Well i figure its about time i post on here to say thanks for all the entertaining reading and the fun builds (well some of them) and that i have been reading since the first day this thread started and playing a monk since launch day, if anyone ever wants to group up that would be stellar.
hmmmm.... is there a infinite Life, Infinite Death build?
My mind is turning the possibly of a build inspired by a Monk with nigh-infinite life.....
something like this with high hp regen in the 4k range and mobs will pound on the monk and die.....
Edited by LilUbo#1707 on 12/21/2012 6:27 AM PST
Happy end of the world, chaps!
edit: glove&boots vid for general education
edit2: Real life apocalypse. This actually made me cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZWLdHcrJBqo (best watch part 2 as well)
edit3 about edit2: Learn to value the things you have!
Edited by Kligson#2791 on 12/22/2012 7:57 PM PST
It looks like we're all relaxing, since its holiday seasons,
but after Christmas and New Year, I expect full commitment to the Jedi Way! >:O
by now if you haven't mastered the Cardinal builds 1 through 5, you need to do so!
I've away, locked in my tower,
to concoct for you a Christmas present!!
The 6th build of the Divine Codex!
Marvel at the sheer Epicness of this vision!
Way of the Silver Moon.
hahaha love what you did at roughly 11:01 ;)
also I have started a HC monk and was wanting to use a flying dragon and way of the hundred fists/blazing fists so im thinking of using the 2handed angel of death, any tips you could give or even another build simmilar??
thanks mate and keep up the good work
Edited by LokySerpent#6825 on 12/24/2012 7:40 AM PST
I'd first like to praise the moderators in this forum for making this thread a sticky, or I would have never found this gem.
Before getting into my thoughts of what's been posted so far, I have to make a couple confessions:
- I skipped some of the larger sections that seemed unrelated to game content, but I have a feeling I'll go back and read them someday. I do enjoy the random motivational quotes and other such "Jedi" ramblings that are injected throughout. They provide a nice break from the statistical theory and helped me to develop some passion for the Monk character...which I think will add to the entertainment while stacking valor and doing the other routine aspects of Diablo 3.
- I read your warnings about skipping over the basic builds, but was planning on doing just that and jumping straight into intermediate. Once I got to all the reserved sections and realized intermediate builds wasn't posted yet, I said "oh well, guess I'll hit those basics." I'm sure these basic builds will help my gameplay and will take me light-years past my current elementary approach to the Monk (which is currently at Paragon 4 with semi-decent gear...and barely surviving Inferno MP 1 and 2).
- Even though maybe half of this guide is available now, it is LOADED with great information. In my D3 career, I've spent around 200 hours total in-game and probably another 20-30 hours in the forums (primarily hunting for good inferno build tips for Barb...and now Monk). I have to admit that I didn't know about 99% of the info that is in this guide. It is well worth the time spent if you want to take your Diablo experience to the next level...even if you don't really want to focus on the Monk.
- I was initially turned off by what felt like a stream of disjointed content, but it didn't take long to get used to the format and see that there really was a method to the madness.
- (Suggestion) It would be nice to have links in the TOC from each of the topics to it's corresponding post. It would make it easier to bounce around the guide to revisit sections that someone might have skipped or wanted to reread.
This guide is great! I can't wait to see some more sections once they get published. Much thanks, LordRaahl.
Hello fellow US-Monks! Long days and pleasant nights, LordRaahl.
First, the compulsive hail to this guide:
I stumbled upon it after I became more and more dissatisfied with the german forum. I was baffled as I saw, what a variety of builds is possible with this "oh so crippled skill tree" in diablo 3. Thanks a lot for the inspiration.
Now, my real concern:
The build I'm playing right now was inspired by this guide. It should basically lead to a char that gets stronger, the heavier it is attacked.
*Backlash connected with a realy high dogde chance; Crippling Wave connected with SW Cyclones, so that the more enemies there are, the more cyclones you get (I will try it with WOTHF, as soon as the procc bug is fixed).*
All in all it is already fun to play this build, but I'm wondering (meaning "I'm sure") if there are ways to bring it to perfection. I would be realy happy about any advice (from anyone) concerning my gear or the skills I use.
PS @ LordRaahl: Unfortunately I cannot follow your whole guide, cause the Videos are blocked in Germany. There are License issues with the music You use, so that youtube prevents people from watching them. (We have that issue with a lot of artists, respectively with their distribution companies in germany.)
Edit: The link to my char: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cumberdale-2543/hero/11495013
Edited by Cumberdale#2543 on 12/28/2012 3:27 PM PST
You could try and go around that by using a proxy-server. Try http://www.hidemyass.com/
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.