Diablo® III

Jedi Monk Academy - Sagittarius constellation

Unstickied? No longer the official blizz monk guide?
Reply Quote
One mouse dropping ruins the whole pot of rice!
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Nameless
Unstickied? No longer the official blizz monk guide?

Normal players - stickies are seasonal, it goes off the list after a while. Gonna have to re-request.
Reply Quote

Normal players - stickies are seasonal, it goes off the list after a while. Gonna have to re-request.

I'd reckon it has more to do with raahl's inability to control his arrogant elitist attitude towards anyone that gives any amount of negative criticism on his ideas. It is hard to hold a mature conversation with someone that will lash out at any thing that is directed towards them that is clearly not part of the giant circle jerk that sends them praise and affection from the community.
Reply Quote

I'd reckon it has more to do with raahl's inability to control his arrogant elitist attitude towards anyone that gives any amount of negative criticism on his ideas. It is hard to hold a mature conversation with someone that will lash out at any thing that is directed towards them that is clearly not part of the giant circle jerk that sends them praise and affection from the community.

QFT! Hopefully we'll never see such an ill advised sticky again.
Reply Quote
unsticky?

wow, just wow
Reply Quote
Hmm...this seems to have been unsticky'd

What a shame, this was one of the best threads I've ever seen on these forums. I don't understand the hate emanating from the posts above me when this thread is so extremely helpful to others.

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:39 AMPosted by FuzzyWuzzy
QFT! Hopefully we'll never see such an ill advised sticky again.

Just so you know...... when this Jedi thread was stickied, in the same period on aussie forum, a rating thread was stickied as well. Yup, it was a "rate the person above you" thread.
Reply Quote
unsticky?

wow, just wow

The first few pages are all poorly written clown-talk, and most of the later pages are losers sucking up to someone who's played a video game for a LOT of hours (Don't worry though, we started out with a disclaimer out how NOT pathetic the guy writing PAGES of StarWars/Diablo fan fiction is so its okay).

Things like the Itemization guide deserve a sticky, this mostly deserved scorn and ridicule.

I'm sure most people won't agree with that, and plenty will posit that I am a jelly mad noob with only a few hundred hours of play time rather than the requisite Close to 12 hours a day every day since release of play time that it takes to be taken seriously. I also didn't start with a disclaimer clarifying that I am NOT in fact a loser with no life, I just happen to talk in 4chanisms and Star Wars references play video games 12 hours a day, so my cred is probably shot.
Reply Quote
Thanks jco. Good looking out.

this is the 20th post of this page, next page will be back on topic and more clean.

@Piffle,
nice editing, I sure as hell didn't say that. :p

===================================

You absolutely did say that. I quoted you and didn't do anything.

I also reported your post, and I sure as heck hope that is part of what got this unstickied.
Reply Quote
Don't get me wrong this is an incredibly entertaining post but far from sticky worthy imo. What is funny about this is I feel like I understand monks on a deeper level than you and have significantly less kills. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Sorry but here's the breaking News : Your opinions, don't mean !@#$.

Pretty much sums up why Blizzard would stop endorsing this thread. It's a good thing, I think - it seems like you were letting it get to your head.
Edited by Raticus79#1110 on 1/2/2013 8:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
unsticky?

wow, just wow

The first few pages are all poorly written clown-talk, and most of the later pages are losers sucking up to someone who's played a video game for a LOT of hours (Don't worry though, we started out with a disclaimer out how NOT pathetic the guy writing PAGES of StarWars/Diablo fan fiction is so its okay).

Things like the Itemization guide deserve a sticky, this mostly deserved scorn and ridicule.

I'm sure most people won't agree with that, and plenty will posit that I am a jelly mad noob with only a few hundred hours of play time rather than the requisite Close to 12 hours a day every day since release of play time that it takes to be taken seriously. I also didn't start with a disclaimer clarifying that I am NOT in fact a loser with no life, I just happen to talk in 4chanisms and Star Wars references play video games 12 hours a day, so my cred is probably shot.

The wow was a reaction to the drama :)
idc either way...why does anyone care is beyond me.
It's a game :D

I think an awesome, fun community is part of making the game worth while. TBH, the monks here are phenomenal and imo that contributes to the value of the D3 playing experience.
Reply Quote
@piffle

LordRaahl realized that he was a bit overly hostile to norain, and as such, tried to make amends by editing his post. Unfortunately, the damage had already been done.

In any case, he can sometimes overreact and it is definitely something he needs to address. I do not get worked up as much as some, since if this game is not fun, I will not play it. I have more than enough stress in RL that I will be damned if I allow a game to add to my stress.
Reply Quote
In a scale between Confidence and Arrogance, the OP sits here:

Confidence - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - X - - - - - - - Arrogance

@Raahl
If you decide to continue your videos, my suggestion is simply: Less is More.
You don't need all the smoke and mirrors. You don't need to remind your viewers in EVERY episode not to mix your hand selected runes for your builds, and you don;t need to flame at noobs in EVERY episode.

Don't get me wrong tho, a lot of the information on here is great. I found it extremely useful. But you go about it in such a round-a-bout way. Much of it is just a waste of time. But hey, if that's your style, then more power to ya! Just my 2 cents
Reply Quote
unsticky?

wow, just wow

you... I like you! We haz friendshipz?
Reply Quote
@piffle

LordRaahl realized that he was a bit overly hostile to norain, and as such, tried to make amends by editing his post. Unfortunately, the damage had already been done.

In any case, he can sometimes overreact and it is definitely something he needs to address. I do not get worked up as much as some, since if this game is not fun, I will not play it. I have more than enough stress in RL that I will be damned if I allow a game to add to my stress.

Sometimes?

Any time anybody disagrees with Raahl he insults them. I'm not sure whether he really is a @#$%& or just plays one on the forums, and I don't really care. It's a total crock that he had anything stickied. Blizzard shouldn't be supporting people with his sort of elitist attitude.

And don't get me started on how awful his writing is - it's an affront to the written language. I don't even mean how he's hidden his advice within so much forced lore fluff that it's impossible to get through ... I mean that his grammar is atrocious. Every sentence makes me cringe.

Example from the first two "paragraphs" of the Introduction:
Once upon a time, In a Blizzard far far away. In the cosmic era of 2012.

There is civil unrest in the Monk community, and we are divided and scattered,
the over-geared monk's greed is unbound, and the young apprentices, are lost and shattered, unknowing of the approach and philosophy of the Spiritual Warrior.

The first two sentences are fragments. The first sentence has a randomly capitalized word.

The next sentence is a run-on and has commas randomly strewn throughout (e.g. the comma after apprentices).

I don't know how someone who spent so much time writing such an exhaustive guide could have not proof-read it at all. Then again, maybe he's just not a good writer.

/shrug
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 1/2/2013 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
+1 ^
Reply Quote
^

I was attempting some diplomacy, don't let him rile you up. He is not such a bad guy outside the forums, but he can be quite intense IN the forums.
Reply Quote
I am literally, eating popcorn!
As proof here is a picture of my desk with the popcorn on it.

My hands are a bit greasy from the butter on the popcorn...mmmmm

http://imgur.com/1AiPY
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]