Diablo® III

Jedi Monk Academy - Sagittarius constellation

I'm not a monk and I have no idea what this thread is about. I'm just curious how you guys managed to get a thread beyond 26 pages.
Reply Quote
simply ask for a reply extension at the moderators' email. And ask other to do the same.
Reply Quote
@LordRaahl
Dude you actually think you're funny changing all the names to home-made-wanna-look-funny-lame-crap? About the most chaotic guide I have ever read. What on earth is there to learn from this? Just use TR build or FoT/Cyclone build and roll over mobs to gain exp and/or loot to sell and buy better gear to make the process faster. Only reason EVER to change build/gear specifics is when doing duels.

For PVE why oh why go for ANYTHING else but the most efficient.
Reply Quote
@LordRaahl
Dude you actually think you're funny changing all the names to home-made-wanna-look-funny-lame-crap? About the most chaotic guide I have ever read. What on earth is there to learn from this? Just use TR build or FoT/Cyclone build and roll over mobs to gain exp and/or loot to sell and buy better gear to make the process faster. Only reason EVER to change build/gear specifics is when doing duels.

riiiight... because that is the way to actually have some fun and challenge with this game. Be like a robot and do the same thing, day in, day out.

edit: Do you realise you make this game sound like a dreary daytime job?
Edited by Kligson#2791 on 1/3/2013 4:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
@LordRaahl

Variety is the spice of life. That biggest reason for diversification from the standard efficient build is to break the monotony of your upteenth hour grinding over and over and over and over... This provides something fresh and perhaps a better build evolves from trying something new.
Reply Quote
So far the game is not about fun, just about gathering gear for the yet again delayed PVP, or at least that's what it is for me. I do not intend to play PVE and have bought the game for PVP only.

Hardly play anymore anyway after repeated disappointment in Blizzard's development progress. Just AH trading... cannot find the spirit to run yet another run, and, like the Monk, I'm also in need for a good spirit regen passive as it's currently lacking.
Reply Quote
So far the game is not about fun, just about gathering gear for the yet again delayed PVP, or at least that's what it is for me. I do not intend to play PVE and have bought the game for PVP only.

What do you think this thread is for? lol

Learning to use ALL the skills available to you will give you a tremendous advantage when PvP comes out. TC/Cyclones not gonna cut it. You gotta learn how to throw curve balls. Where do you learn how to do that? Here.
Reply Quote
It seems that the academy lies in ruins for now. :'(

Rhaal please come back.
Reply Quote
Have no fear, the energies of the Academy are eternal and they will persist.

The Lord will return in due time.
Reply Quote

*chokes on vomit*

THIS is what is getting you flak-brains so much hate. Start acting normal already, this "flavor" thing only make you people look like morons.
Reply Quote

*chokes on vomit*

THIS is what is getting you flak-brains so much hate. Start acting normal already, this "flavor" thing only make you people look like morons.

If you can't just take what's important and leave the rest aside, you'll be in much trouble here. If you don't like reading phrases like the one quoted, stop reading them!! It's not that hard, isn't it??
Reply Quote
You see, there is also a "role playing" part in ARPG. It isn't just tedious, mind-numbing work.

Your definition of "fun" might not be the same as others'. Don't judge us for that. I know I don't judge you for yours.
Reply Quote
There is such a thing as taking it too far though. I like this "flavor" and "role playing" stuff as much as anyone but some of this is just silly/creepy. Just sayin'. I don't want to incite anymore flame wars.
Reply Quote
I just spent some time reading the previous pages to know why this thread got unstickied.

I know many do not agree with LordRaahl's way presenting his thoughts or ideas about the monk class. I do not agree with everything about him too but one thing that stands out about him is that he speak facts and yes, fact or truth does hurt for many of you. I will not go through the length of quoting things he said from the various threads he commented and/or created.

He did criticized a thread about a guide for TR build saying that the guide was suppose to be a budget build but instead it cost approximately 200M for gears. Yes, that is a fact he spoke of. No matter how much one twist this matter, it was the truth and I was there to witness the "200M" cost. From my point of view, the way of he spoke his mind was not sharp as a dagger but firm and tactful. He did not actually express it in harsh words like some I have seen. Of course, now that thread is more stabilized in that it has a budget section, which is good.

The above is one thing about him bringing out facts that may seem harsh to some. Now, about this thread, Jedi Monk guide. YES, it is certainly walls of texts he has created, hiding secrets within the 1st 3 pages of myriad of words. But you have to admit that the secrets he presented are certainly something worth your attention. I will not go through the 3 pages looking and quoting. Here are some I can recall from memory:-

1. Lashing Tail Kick to be used like a semi-Serenity. How? Each time you knockback enemies, you are stunning them. Combo it with Dashing Strike, FoT:TC or WotHF:FoF, you essentially continuously kicking that enemy unit and teleporting to it, giving no chance to retaliate. Also, LTK is one of the skills that can knockback rare (yellow) elite.

2. Blinding Flash/Faith in the Light can be snapshot by other skills than SW. Prior to reading this, I never thought about this is possible. Yes, SSS can snapshot FiTL together with MoC:Overawe, effectively increasing SSS damage by 78% for that brief seconds.

3. Combine WotHF/FoF (the rune that has the highest proc-coefficient (never know until Raahl brought it out)) and Breath of Heaven/Infused with Light, you can have infinite spirit for 5 seconds. Provided if you have high attack speed, you know what this means? You can spam high spirit cost skills like Bell and Exploding Palm as much as you want for 5 seconds.

4. Dashing Strike can also be used as semi-Serenity. The brief period you 'dash' from one place to another, you are invulnerable. Therefore, you can time and use it before Frozen balls affix explodes. Use the Quicksilver rune, you can just keep spamming DS to get out of harm's way.

5. The Mantra of Evasion/Backlash's fire explosion. It interrupts enemy and procs Lifesteal. Just 2 of these procs say a lot about PvP. Imagine a Barb with Frenzy skill starts attack you and the Backlash procs like mad interrupting him and eventually kills him. Who observe these subtle (but important procs) anyway? Only LordRaahl does and he is telling us freely.

These are just the few things I can remember from reading this thread and watching his videos. Of course, there are many more thought provoking things about the individual skills and synergy of skills he brought out which I cannot recall.

I'm not a fan of writing lengthy wall of text but I'm doing this because I want LordRaahl back. This guide isn't fully completed and many more information he has not present to us yet. I want him back. I want to learn more from him. Despite his seemingly arrogant way of replying hostile comments, whatever he has to say, worth your attention. A little humility on your part goes a long way.

From this ordeal, LordRaahl may learned to be more humble when commenting in the forums. Nevertheless, from the many things he has contributed to the community, he deserves to be unbanned. I hope the CM's considers this. LordRaahl has been trying hard to encourage the community of monks to try skills and builds variations. I hope you can see what good he is trying to do. I'm not sure what cause this to happen. Give him warnings or whatever but I do not think he deserve to be banned for the good he has done. This is just like someone who has helped build a house and just kicked out from it over a minor dispute with the occupants.

@n0rain
I read your posts in this thread and the other thread you created that bears LordRaahl's name. I do not know what you are trying to do but you really need to provide more depth to your build suggestion over Raahl's because the skills you suggested does not match well with your gears (which are really bad =/). As Raahl has said, I can't take you seriously just by looking at your gears, time played and elite kill. People do actually counter check those when reading guides.

EDIT: Edited grammar mistakes and sorry for the lengthy post. My English is poor and I try my best to put my words as down to earth as possible so that I and hopefully you can understand.
Edited by Keatman#6871 on 1/6/2013 4:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Keatman
while I appreciate your well written post about Rhaal's intentions and contribution to the community, I think that all this information is out there for everyone to see.

People bashed him for being secretive, but that's because they don't wanna walk the path. They just want dry pointers of information with no flavor. Information obtained through hours upon hours of testing, observing and questioning.
So he comes here waving his banner and opens the first academy to share this information!! The only reason that I approve his approach is that I respect his labor. I love the lore that he introduced and the way he binds all together.

So to summarize the reason I took the time to write this post- edit your post without the pointers. There's a reason why Rhaal didn't do it like that in the first place.

PS : don't try to reason with people that clearly fall in the "pointers" category.
Reply Quote
@Tsaxaman
I try to not point directly at individuals that is why mentioned "a guide for TR build" because there are so many TR builds recently.

As for the one person I mentioned in my previous comment, I read many of his posts related to Raahl. Meh, I just felt a need to do a telling off because...well...inspecting his profile is self-explanatory enough. I tried to be tactful and not too forceful though.

Edit: Others may have brought out information before he presented it but everything there is to know by far, I know it through reading this thread and watching his videos. About his videos, I can tell you it is like watching the Star Wars trilogy. I can't get enough of it and after 1 episode, I just anxiously but patiently wait for the next. "Man, what else he has for us to know? Each new video, there is something new or hidden about a skill or synergy of skills."

That is what I'm really disappointed at. There he is, written a 3 or 4 page guide, (which will take like ages if I were to do it), constantly updates it, make videos for a new build he thought of and BAM! He got banned.

Justice is about balance. Whatever bashing he may have done it should have been considered along with his contributions. Warnings, yes but I see no justice about a swift ban in this matter.
Edited by Keatman#6871 on 1/6/2013 4:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
^ Well said!
Reply Quote
Keatman relax, either the ban is temporal or he will get another account, he has not stoped playing and recording videos as far as I know.

Everything is fine, and he will be more careful in the future I hope, lets end this ban topic and keep educating ourselves, this doesnt stop us from keep practicing and try new things, I have an idea, why dont you guys post something of your creation or something you are working with worth mentioning?

In case you havent seen it check out this build I came up with short after joining the academy its pretty fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrMNNcXLoD4

About me Im currently triying to master mp10, specially Ubbers and forge the 100 hellfire rings to rule them all MUHAHA ( Im stacking 100 organs of each type to craft rings all at once :D ) If anyone wants to join this plan welcome aboard !
Edited by Colt#2370 on 1/6/2013 5:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've been trying to conquer this chapter lately. Other times with great success other times to no avail.

The most fun and effective way that I came up with this far is through exploding palm. On ubers my experience is low and unsuccessful this far.

Very happy and eager to discuss this topic :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]