Diablo® III

Jedi Monk Academy - Sagittarius constellation

*chokes on vomit*

THIS is what is getting you flak-brains so much hate. Start acting normal already, this "flavor" thing only make you people look like morons.

If you can't just take what's important and leave the rest aside, you'll be in much trouble here. If you don't like reading phrases like the one quoted, stop reading them!! It's not that hard, isn't it??

You find calling some internet creeper who's too full of himself "The Lord" to be normal. Clearly, there is something wrong with this picture and if you cant see it it's only because you're part of it.

At first i tried to respect what Rhaal was doing despite the fact that i disliked the form but as time went by i would see him insult people left and right for bruising his ego. Role play all you like, being a conceited !@#$%^- will only get you so far. There's a bloody reason he was banned.
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 1/6/2013 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Colt
Yeah, I have seen your video as soon you posted the link in this thread. Yes, I was using your build before I posting this comment :D

I'm trying to test in various ways to prema-spam bells nonstop with dual wield. Ohya, anyone knows anything the bell's damage is based on main hand weapon or calculated based on your paper DPS? It is hard for me to play because my monk's gears are crappy and I don't have the gold gear him (trying to fully gear my barbarian, monk used to be my main toon). Yeap, without good gears, playing monk seems unenjoyable :(

After watching LordRaahl's latest video, I have also been using Mantra of Evasion/Backlash a lot recently. If you are using Dashing Strike, employ the rune Blinding Speed. Now instead of spamming the Mantra for extra 15% dodge chance, use DS/BS instead because DS/BS gives you extra 20% extra dodge chance for 3 seconds and cost 25 spirit only (MoE cost 40 spirit). Yes, it is more cost efficient.
Reply Quote

You find calling some internet creeper who's too full of himself "The Lord" to be normal. Clearly, there is something wrong with this picture and if you cant see it it's only because you're part of it.

At first i tried to respect what Rhaal was doing despite the fact that i disliked the form but as time went by i would see him insult people left and right for bruising his ego. Role play all you like, being a conceited !@#$%^- will only get you so far. There's a bloody reason he was banned.

Personally, I find it awe inspiring that there are actually this many people willing to defend his overly pretentious, contrived amalgamated "lore". All this thread is really just a semblance of helpfulness to help bolster his already inflated ego, which has been proven time and time again has very thin walls.

There was a reason why his main account was perma-banned from the forums, and if you think this temporary ban will change his arrogant and egotistical ways of degrading people upon the forums that disagree with him are just side stepping that issue.
Reply Quote
This guide is something of the worst I have ever read. You do not explain anything of value unless one sifts through 500 kg of poo before. I am not that eager for the pieces of gold you offer me. When I eventually learn this game from cover to cover, I will be able to write a condensed guide that offers very valuable advice in half a page. I won't take five books to do it.

You must have spent a lot of time working with this, and I appreciate that at least someone is taking the time to do so, but please learn how to write condensed, short, and effectively. Otherwise, new players will NEVER read your guide, and those who aren't new players WON'T EVER NEED to read your guide.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
Orville Redenbacher thanks each and every one of you who have contributed to this masterpiece. Their stock has never been valued so high.

The quality should make even Days of Our Lives actors and actresses self conscious.
Reply Quote
@n0rain
I read your posts in this thread and the other thread you created that bears LordRaahl's name. I do not know what you are trying to do but you really need to provide more depth to your build suggestion over Raahl's because the skills you suggested does not match well with your gears (which are really bad =/). As Raahl has said, I can't take you seriously just by looking at your gears, time played and elite kill. People do actually counter check those when reading guides.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415496308?page=1

I encourage you to read again. I explained my choices quite well I think and LordRaahl was even given credit for making criticisms to my suggestions. If you have any questions ask away.

If your only counter arguments to my suggestions involve looking at a picture of gear then I don't see any reason in trying to convince you otherwise. I'm sure that you didn't even bother looking to see when the last time my character was updated or consider the fact that I tend to experiment with not so popular ideas. I can understand your dissident when I can't prove with a video that my builds are successful, but you can also try it yourself. After all, I am only suggesting something based on what I know about the game. It wouldn't be the end of your career to go into SC and try out new things. You could even use your creative skills here and give some feedback on what you found by experimenting.

My main complaint with LordRaahl's post is that its complete nonsense. My main complaint with LordRaahl's builds is that they make no sense or they are straight cookie cutter builds baring one skill. This is the opposite of his writing on page one. So not only was I deceived but I spent serious time on trying to read through the bad (sorry horrific. I have bad grammar) grammar and convoluted rping to find that out. I don't expect perfection but this goes far below baseline skills.

Furthermore, LordRaahl was banned for violating the forum rules by flaming people and insinuating he has authority beyond that of a normal poster. I would say his acts deserve disciplinary action, but I am not in charge so it's up to the CM's. It is a sad state of affairs when someone completely ignores you for the chance to insult you but it happens. I'm just glad the insults did not persist. Insulting someone for a suggestion or criticism isn't necessary.

EDIT- I just wanted to address this little "telling off" gem.

01/06/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Keatman
As for the one person I mentioned in my previous comment, I read many of his posts related to Raahl. Meh, I just felt a need to do a telling off because...well...inspecting his profile is self-explanatory enough. I tried to be tactful and not too forceful though.

I have greater CHC armor and dex on a character that hasn't updated since Nov when compared to this poster. I mean my shenlongs that net me over 20k more dps than this poster in my inventory is irrelevant to how much I know about monks. In fact, it is clear to everyone that since I experiment often I am incapable of understanding the monk class. You are so smart sir!
Edited by n0rain#1149 on 1/6/2013 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just spent some time reading the previous pages to know why this thread got unstickied.

I know many do not agree with LordRaahl's way presenting his thoughts or ideas about the monk class. I do not agree with everything about him too but one thing that stands out about him is that he speak facts and yes, fact or truth does hurt for many of you. I will not go through the length of quoting things he said from the various threads he commented and/or created.

If you don't understand why people reacted poorly to Lord Raahl, it's because you haven't spent enough time on these forums to understand what he was really like. Any time any person said something that he didn't agree with, he flamed them. And sometimes he even posted in random threads that had nothing to do with him, flaming people for this reason or that reason. I have seen him flame people for:

1) not having enough hours (apparently unless you've spent over 1000 hours playing D3, you're "not legit")
2) not having enough elite kills (again, this is simply a function of how much you play, but should not be used to denigrate anyone's opinions)
3) having bad gear (because apparently this is how we should be judged)
4) having TOO good of gear (*coughs* looks at Druin *coughs*. quite frankly I think he was just /jelly people had better gear than him even though he's spent 8 hours a day since release playing)
4) having used the RMAH (while I know some people aren't a fan of using it, I don't see why you would look down on anyone who did)
5) having good gear but low elite kills (this follows #4, but it IS possible to have simply gotten lucky or to be good at playing the AH; one of the better geared monks I know doesn't have a ton of play hours but excels at playing the AH)
6) and if he failed to find a way to insult you in the first 5 reasons listed, he'd resort to pointing out that you didn't have a hard core character and he did.

Look, Lord Raahl should be applauded for his efforts to write a complete guide and to try and help the community look at different ways to play. But we shouldn't just hide our heads under the sand and pretend like he was an angel. He flamed people constantly. He acted like he was better than everyone else. He acted like he was God's gift to Blizzard and held the fact that his guide was stickied over everyone else's head.

The fact that he got banned is hilariously ironic, because his response to n0rain's initial post threatens n0rain to reconsider his actions ... OR ELSE. Please read here LR's response. You can decide whether it was warranted or not, based on n0rain's initial post. It's the perfect mix of elitism, condescension, and #$%@-baggery.

says the random noob with 24k dps.
- how the fk do you think you know anything about this game when my self-found 2nd monk has twice your dps?
- why the fk do you think you know anything about this game when you have 6k elite kill to your whole account and you've never fking played HC?

- where in those 77 builds is there a use of 2 generators without combination strike? are you dumb or are you stupid?
- 75% of the builds uses Sweeping Wind, because it is simply the best damage skill the monk has. You haven't L2P, wtf are you doing here criticizing my thread?
- just because you are a dumbass who hasn't L2P yet and don't understand my builds,
which the difficult ones require the drop of both STI and OWE and beyond traditional approaches, doesn't mean you should walk in here and open your mouth full of idiocy.

- and since you're the only idiot in these forums who dared to come in here and flame a guide thread, while everybody else knows to respect those boundaries,
I'll let you know right now :

You have the right to edit your post, or you can enjoy a ban for flaming in a Blizzard official guide.

ps. This is one of the worst written guides I've ever seen. The fact that he is a literary student and wants to be a writer is embarrassing.
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 1/6/2013 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
There will be plenty of time to insult LordRaahl when he gets back.

You can read the intro and it is already stated that you might as well turn back if you have no patience.

You are literally trolling by coming here to diss a thread and poster of a post you apparently have no interest in, just because you want to emphasize how much you dislike him / he deserved it.

We all see who you are, trying to get disses in while you can.
Reply Quote
Yeah yeah after 10 posts we get it you dont like him and anything here, can you just move somewhere else?

Complainers are just as boring as the things they hate about raahl. You had your fest its enough already , why do you guys have to repeat the same thing over and over.
Reply Quote
Piffle sums it up, that's it.

ROFL at this
You have the right to edit your post, or you can enjoy a ban for flaming in a Blizzard official guide.

-> unstickied -> ban

lol
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Colt
why do you guys have to repeat the same thing over and over.

So wait, its ok for Raahl to continually insult people in the same ways* over and over? But when people call him out on being incredibly immature time after time, they're in the wrong?

Your logic. Its awesome.

*even when he has clearly been proven wrong
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 1/6/2013 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is no calling out here, because Raahl is not here.

End this now, it serves no purpose and if i cared i could probably have it removed due to trolling the thread and removing quality by posts of no purpose, since it is back-talking a guy while he is gone.

Save it for when he gets back, upon the reincarnation it will likely be best for all if you have saved up a good amount. It will take you all to put him under any pressure at all.

Colt, Tsaxaman, and other defenders of the Academy, do not reply to these people anymore, as that is the reason they keep writing here.

I wish not to get dirty, so we stop it here.

Peace.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Nocturnal
There is no calling out here, because Raahl is not here.

Except everybody posting what you're complaining about right now, has been intolerant of his behavior for longer than his current ban.

If you went back to the first 10 pages of this thread you'd see I tried offering formatting suggestions and he started a long drawn out argument with me. He continued doing this from thread to thread, despite a few of the occasions being empirical discussions where he was 100% wrong.

I wish not to get dirty, so we stop it here.

Ah, I see you've inherited Raahl's authoritative and entitled behavior. I pity you really.

i could probably have it removed

You've been spending too much time sucking from Raahl's teat. Everything you say smells of his condescending stench.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 1/6/2013 6:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I saw very well your discussion, and i laugh still. Let me show you.

Here you come, first comment in thread:

This is probably the best resource any of the 5 classes have available on these forums. The problem is how long it is and the fact that Blizzard doesn't allow linkable topic indexes. It would be much easier to actually find what you're looking for if you posted it on GF for instance, since their FAQs allow this. I'm interested in reading what you have to say, but not in one sitting, and if theres something specific its easier just to do a forum search tbh...

The only solution I can think of is to put the address links to each post (with their respective topics listed) in the first post that way people can click on them to go to exactly what they're looking for.

Anyways, despite all that, thanks for doing this. Its great (regardless of the "problem" I've brought up) for the community for sure.

Over all complimentary, with a few corrections.

And then suddenly the next comment, 3 comments down, in reply to an answer Raahl gave to someone else:

No offense, but belittling someone for stating their opinion is nowhere near the right attitude to have if you're wanting them to show interest in something you've done.

Your guide might be a good source of information, but its not the end all be all source each and every monk should follow. Especially considering so much of it is opinionated and not factual, and some that is the latter is even incorrect.

I'm also not sure why when describing builds you chose to completely change the names of some skills and runes. If you want this to be a "newb" friendly guide then you might want to consider changing that, or at least also put which skills/runes you're actually referring to in parenthesis.

edit: its also pretty shady that you didn't post this using your main account btw

Every single line in this post associates Raahl with a negative quality, every single one. Most of the time as a suggested correction (hidden quality - i am better, your ways are flawed you should do this). There has been no comment from LordRhaal at this point. Angry mode.

Then this is replied:

No offense, but belittling someone for stating their opinion is nowhere near the right attitude to have if you're wanting them to show interest in something you've done.

gaining mere interest is not my objective.
this is the Monk guide that transcends All, they will read it if they are smart.
knowing that after this guide, there is no more monk guides necessary.

but its not the end all be all source each and every monk should follow. Especially considering so much of it is opinionated and not factual, and some that is the latter is even incorrect.

lol, what do you mean? the very build you are using, was crafted by yours truly.

its also pretty shady that you didn't post this using your main account btw

Read introduction post.

He kids you not, yet it is too much for you and after these first words in response to your attacks after warping from a$$-kisser to sudden offender, you must attack again. Finally you appear to have assumed your true form:

1. Nobody wants to read role playing dribble spewed forth by someone so cocky. If you truly wanted to help the community your attitude would be drastically different

2. Actually I've been using this build since act 2 inferno, which was about 5 days after launch. Nice try though.

3. No thanks. I'd rather read someone's thread who isn't an arrogant fool. Think I'll go check Deathlocks thread out to see if anything new has been posted, he seems to be a nice fellow too.

I dont think i need to explain this one. You and others are clearly better than him. You came in trying to tell him how to do his thread, what did you expect.

And then i read you now saying:

Everything you say smells of his condescending stench.

merriam-webster
Definition of CONDESCENDING

: showing or characterized by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others

Thank you for reminding me it was around page 10, i wouldn't have looked otherwise!

<(*_*)>

... karma come..

EDIT: I should say, I will not reply more unless you have something real to say, so leave your insult and make it a good one this final round.
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 1/6/2013 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
You're going to have to do more digging to understand why my tone changed so quickly. It was actually based on another completely separate conversation going on in a different thread. He was doing exactly what Piffle just described, to someone else and I took offense. He did this while attempting to make the "Monk guide that transcends All" as you put it, while also talking down to someone when it was unwarranted. Then he did it in his thread too, and that was about as much of his immature behavior as I could stand.

But if you want to keep making ASSumptions, go right ahead.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Nocturnal
EDIT: I should say, I will not reply more unless you have something real to say, so leave your insult and make it a good one this final round.

Sorry, I'm not LordRaahl.

I don't respond to people acting immature or being wrong, by slinging insults. I may point out that something you say is incorrect, but theres no animosity, its just a factual statement. Unbiased observations if you will.
Reply Quote
You are letting your hatred spill over, young one.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415497141?page=3#44

Your concentration is slipping.
Your arguments are falling apart.
You're resorting to the same thing you incorrectly accused me of.
For god's sake, pull it together man.
Reply Quote
I love Star Wars..........

This is not Star Wars.............

My head is (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That is all.........
Reply Quote
I would stay away from Narcolepsy if I were you........

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593739424#11
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]