Diablo® III

Looking at prices for lower level gear ...

... and I am wondering if there really are people willing to gear a mid-30's char out for more than 1M total.

I guess if you're rich enough it's not a big deal, but *shrug*. The kind of price levels I'm seeing make it higher value to just farm stuff up.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 11/12/2012 8:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just "lease" the gear. Write down what you paid for it and put it right back up on the AH when you outgrow it. :)

And for the love of God people....PLEASE stop putting leveling gear up with no buyout. It's worthless to someone trying to level to have to wait 36 hours for an auction. I will outlevel it and then some. I almost guarantee you will make more money on it with a buyout as well.
Reply Quote
... and I am wondering if there really are people willing to gear a mid-30's char out for more than 1M total.

I guess if you're rich enough it's not a big deal, but *shrug*. The kind of price levels I'm seeing make it higher value to just farm stuff up.

Good post OP. I have to wonder if the AH is even viable as an option for a new HC player. I try to list items reasonably priced to help out my fellow hc players. But hey, thats just me.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Bigtabasco
PLEASE stop putting leveling gear up with no buyout. It's worthless to someone trying to level to have to wait 36 hours for an auction.

Max is two days but I agree with you, put a damn buy out on mid level items.
Reply Quote
^max is 1 day 12 hours. 24 +12=36. just sayin

ive got some good leveling gear ive saved. youre free to borrow any and all of it ^_^.

were both int users, and im not using it right now, plus it frees up my stash. :)
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 11/12/2012 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've dabbled in the HC market some as of late since my Monk is my first foray into HC and I refused to do the SC -> HC gold transfer. I wanted the "challenge" of starting over.

Thoughts:
1.) Max buyout I've seen anyone pay for 20-40 gear is about 100-150k for rings / amulets. Bracers / Shoulders run in the 60-100k range for REALLY good 25-40 items and everything else floats in the 15-40k range.

2.) Agree with the above. Why the hell would you post leveling gear with no B/O. Anything I've ever bid on (b/c I looked ahead knowing what levels I was going to reach soon) I got for dirt cheap compared to what I would've paid.

3.) You don't need to spend tons of gold to feel "uber" leveling up. I've been running MP4 since I started NM and haven't looked back sense. If you're patient and you plan, you can do really well. I.E. Don't pay 150k for a 41 damage weapon with socket when you can get a 40 damage weapon with socket for 40k.

4.) If you pay attention in HC and spend a tiny bit of time looking at the market, it's VERY easy to earn money starting from scratch. I'm at 1 mill with the majority of my level 60 gear already purchased. I started about 10 days ago.
Reply Quote

I Just sold the most amazing sword for 8 mil gold

-18 levels
900 dps 1 hander 1.4 attack speed
Open socket
+500 stats (divided between str and vit)
+2k life per kill

Someone out there has the most amazing low leveling sword in the game lol
Reply Quote

I Just sold the most amazing sword for 8 mil gold

-18 levels
900 dps 1 hander 1.4 attack speed
Open socket
+500 stats (divided between str and vit)
+2k life per kill

Someone out there has the most amazing low leveling sword in the game lol

true! i sold a 980 dps 2 hander (-16 lvl i think) with a massive amount of int for 4.5m the other day. was sad i thought it was gonna go for the current bid of 200k, woke up the next morning to find it sold
Reply Quote

The idea of having REALLY good low level gear is that you'll keep it to pass through generations of your chars.

Like Fatzero's sword.....

A lvl 42 with 900dps is just..... I'm out of words...

he can reach lvl 60 incredibly fast... just steamrolling over mobs.
Reply Quote
View profile
As I told you Anomie, I have decided to look for level 60 gear since I just cannot justify some of the pricing I am seeing on sub-60 gear. I'm just playing a game of how long until I am forced to upgrade gear on my WD, heh
Reply Quote

Thoughts:
1.) Max buyout I've seen anyone pay for 20-40 gear is about 100-150k for rings / amulets. Bracers / Shoulders run in the 60-100k range for REALLY good 25-40 items and everything else floats in the 15-40k range.

In the 24 hours, I bought 3 items for 300k each, which had level requirements in the 20s and 30s. I was checking the auction house for good leveling gear, and saw them... So was like "what the heck, there's nothing even close to this good for cheaper, so I might as well."

When I was leveling my character, I found 4 really good items, (chest, pants, shoulders, bracers), which had main/vitality stats (and sockets) higher than anything else on the auction house in their level range... I thought, "what the heck, lets see if people actually pay 300k for this stuff, or am I the only one?"

I posted them up, and they all sold in less than 3 hours.

Other good vit/main stat items that I find (that aren't the better than anything else in the AH) I usually post up for 4k-9k, just to sell them fast (I've got mules and my stash full of stuff I need to sell), they usually sell within 5-10 minutes.
Edited by YoZUpZ#1264 on 11/12/2012 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

In the 24 hours, I bought 3 items for 300k each, which had level requirements in the 20s and 30s. I was checking the auction house for good leveling gear, and saw them... So was like "what the heck, there's nothing even close to this good for cheaper, so I might as well."

I'm not saying it's not possible, just saying the vast majority seem to operate in those areas. Also, 300k for a 20-30's items is probably more the exception than the rule for a lot of HC people. I.E. I'm still baffled how people say they haven't made it past level 50, can't get above 20k hp, and the like. I mean I know I'm a DC away from death myself, but I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made with my first Monk / HC character already.
Reply Quote
View profile

The idea of having REALLY good low level gear is that you'll keep it to pass through generations of your chars.

Like Fatzero's sword.....

A lvl 42 with 900dps is just..... I'm out of words...

he can reach lvl 60 incredibly fast... just steamrolling over mobs.

Yeah, but that's the point. I have a -7 or -8 lvl mace with 790 dps, os, nice loh/str/etc that let me rofl-stomp through hell last time I lvl'd. I think I paid 150-200k for it. I have a lvl 46 and lvl 51 weapon with enough dps/OS that helped me get there, but it was ez mode the entire way. Why pay 8m for a GREAT sword when you can pay 200k for a superb weapon that does nearly as well? I can only think of a handful of uber-rich people who would pay 8m or even 4.5m for a lvling weapon. Though I guess it could easily happen with SC-traded gold, in which case the weapon will probably die along with its user before getting to lvl 60, anyway.
Reply Quote
just came back to D3 this weekend and the only items I CAN sell on the AH is leveling gear. Anything I find as a 60 in Act 3 inferno seems to be crap compared to what else is available.
Reply Quote
I've never once put something up for more than 10,000. (not that I've gotten far enough to get anything godly though). My real point for selling leveling gear, and selling it cheap, is that I want to help out my fellow HC peeps. I'm the one pricing things at 900 gold lol

Those of you who can afford those bazillion gold items are just way out of my league. My jaw drops when I see some of the suggested gear the AH shows me. I'm no top tier player, but honestly based on the prices, I don't really have a desire to be. Not that there's anything wrong with being great at the game and having the will power to save gold, both are commendable traits.
Reply Quote
-lvlreq has a different set of standards as far as the value goes. That's perfectly understandable, and I've sold -lvlreq weapons & gear I've found for pretty good profit. (never 8M, but I've had a few go here and there for 2M).

I'm talking about, say, a mid-30's level belt with low-to-middling vit/int being priced at 100 or 200k. It doesn't make sense to me, I can drop my WD in wherever gear of the appropriate level drops and farm for a bit and save myself that money. Depending on what your rate is for farming, if you were going to fully equip a character at those rates you might as well farm the gear and call it net even. And people running new characters can't afford those prices unless they swap gold (which maybe actually explains it - although I should qualify that by saying I don't really have anything against people swapping if that's how they want to play).

I'm not really looking to be given gear or anything, I'm equipped OK (I need to drop in and get some more mid-30's gear, but i've been smoking everything I run across in normal at MP10 even though some of my pieces are getting a little low-level for my clevel). I'm just wondering if people are really buying gear at those prices.

I've been dropping what I farmed up that I can't use, and what I've used when I'm done with it (unless I want to keep it), on the AH for 5-10k, depending on what it is, and I've made a ton of money on volume. And I haven't spent more than 10k on a piece, so I know other people are doing basically the same thing - although my character is more fully self-farmed (at least account wise - not character wise) than I've *ever* been.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 11/12/2012 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
And for the love of God people....PLEASE stop putting leveling gear up with no buyout. It's worthless to someone trying to level to have to wait 36 hours for an auction. I will outlevel it and then some. I almost guarantee you will make more money on it with a buyout as well.

This.
Edited by Jackyboy#1251 on 11/12/2012 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think i'm usually "under-flipping" lol. I just started my first HC character here on US server last saturday, when EU were having troubles. Love the challenge of no friends, no money, thus no twinks.

I've worked around the lack of funds like this: levels 1-10ish MP5 and onwards MP10. Selling loads of loot for low prices (i want moneys now!... it works :P) to be able to buy some better equips. Used them for a bit and sell again at a reasonable price (often lower then when i bought them). And having a decent pickup radius.

Higher MP levels pay well starting from the end of act 1 and are quite doable on normal. Decent gold drops, frequent rares, even 2 legendaries (both "Balace", sold for 10k and 15k). Got some half decent gear now and will sell them of again at undercut prices...

We low levels have to help each other ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]