Diablo® III

Life after OWE

So blizzard plans to change or nerf this do we have any idea of what they will do or should can we at least come up with any idea they can read.
Reply Quote
there's no such thing. There is no OWE nerf.
It's a conspiracy.
Reply Quote
gonna be more gimped like after STI nerf as far as im concerned. If I knew they were gonna do this I would have invested in all res from the beginning
Reply Quote
I'm already trying to move away from using OWE...so far 420 AR without it. My end-goal would be 500 AR and then I'd substitute combination strike for it since I love the passive movement speed too much if it gets nerfed. If it doesn't, I still want to maintain 500 AR and get 200+ other res.
Edited by Darcy#1904 on 11/12/2012 9:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Due to the way the passive works and how monks gear themselves, they have to be extremely sensitive with change. I'm not convinced that change will come before the expansion. With the expansion you can expect to have to re-gear anyway, so there will be a lot less upset.
Reply Quote
\\ (O.O) //
Edited by Lumsum#1804 on 11/12/2012 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
How the hell can you survive with 500AR? My monk has 900ish AR and die like !@#$%es.
Reply Quote
i dont see your profile soi, but u need hp and armor to accompany the res all. I am pretty happy with my EHP, so maybe use it as an example. :)
Reply Quote
I'm a dps monk I need OWE blizzard don't do me dirty plz.
Reply Quote
No one really knows what blizz may do, although blizzards approach to over used skills have been to nerf. Whatever the outcome you should be working towards more allres gear and reducing your dependence on OWE without sacrificing your dps (can be expensive and lengthy I know).

My guess is blizz will either outright nerf OwE or nerf OwE and buff a few other passives. In either scenario if you've been working to reduce your dependence on OWE then the effect on you will be minimal, if you don't use it at all then there is no effect.

I have about 670 all res (have 60 all res on a litany sitting in my stash to replace my hellfire ring) and that can be increased to over 700 if i find a ammy with all res
Reply Quote
I'll quit D3 and never look at another blizzard game again. Quite simple.
Reply Quote
I'd drop OWE but the other passives are so bad that it's not worth it.
Reply Quote
I dropped OWE for combination strike and I only use FoT... Our passives are just that bad once you get past using STI, OWE and Fleet footed. Resolve is ok if you are face tanking long fights but you know...
Reply Quote
I use Beacon Of Ytar, but would have like to see cooldown reduction of 25% instead of a jump from 15%-20% with the last patch. I don't use fleet footed because I'm already at 24% MS due to equipment, fleet footed doesn't make me run any faster. I only use FoT as well and not really willing to use combo strike for just a 8% increase.
Reply Quote
They achieve absolutely nothing but anger from the nerf on seize the initiative and its only at 78% now for one with everything, they should be taking a closer look at weapons master and ruthless instead at 96 and 92% now lol
Edited by SQ79#6320 on 11/13/2012 3:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
actually fleet footed ignores the movement speed cap, so with fleet footed im on 34% :)
Reply Quote
Ofcourse they will CHANGE OwE, but it will not have negative effects on our defense. Blizzard knows it's a vital skill and won' t just make it worthless. Infact, I'm embracing a change to the class so I finally can drop this nearly manditory passive for something else.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:57 AMPosted by Ryth
Ofcourse they will CHANGE OwE, but it will not have negative effects on our defense. Blizzard knows it's a vital skill and won' t just make it worthless. Infact, I'm embracing a change to the class so I finally can drop this nearly manditory passive for something else.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/

"The strongest monk defensive skill is One With Everything. We've mentioned it before and it bears repeating - this is something we would like to fix someday, but we're going to take our time. Changes to One With Everything heavily impact existing monk gear. We still plan on addressing this in the future but will do so in a way that does not invalidate the gear monks have invested in."

They never said there wont be any negative effects, they can nerf OwE without invalidating gear. Nerfing OwE by say 50% is a serious nerf, but does not necessarily invalidate the gear imo.

Whilst I do hope you are right Ryth, I wouldn't stick to the assumption that they aren't nerfing anything, best to stay on the safe side right?
Edited by Fayte#1670 on 11/13/2012 4:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
The strongest monk defensive skill is One With Everything. We've mentioned it before and it bears repeating - this is something we would like to fix someday, but we're going to take our time. Changes to One With Everything heavily impact existing monk gear. We still plan on addressing this in the future but will do so in a way that does not invalidate the gear monks have invested in."

They never said there wont be any negative effects, they can nerf OwE without invalidating gear. Nerfing OwE by say 50% is a serious nerf, but does not necessarily invalidate the gear imo.

Whilst I do hope you are right Ryth, I wouldn't stick to the assumption that they aren't nerfing anything, best to stay on the safe side right?

From other blue posts I have made up that they realize the monk needs work on it's defensive part, Based on that I'm fairly sure that it won't have much negative effects.

My guess is that they will "nerf" OwE but we will gain defense in other aspects. I would like to see dodge be a bit more valuable.. It's nice and all, but doesn't do anything against things that really hurt, such as reflect damage, desc, molten, arcane sentrys. Where a barb gains armor for every strength, a monk gains dodge, but I think dodge is nowhere as valuable as armor.
Reply Quote
*Shrug*. I only play a few hours per week nowadays, a change to OwE that means another re-gear will just see me stop playing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]