Diablo® III

Lighting issues?

85 Dwarf Warrior
Just recently logging into i was experiencing annoying screen darkening whenever i highlight interactable objects.

It goes from one light level of brightness to instantly darker and back whenever moving over interactable objects. For example running my mouse over my stash, blacksmith or any NPC you can talk or attack. But when i move my mouse back to not highlighting a specific object it reverts to normal.

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Durethuric,

If you have anti-aliasing enabled both in-game and in your video card's config utility (Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center), this can happen. Turn it off in one and it should stop. I've also heard reports that having Ambient Occlusion enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel can cause it too.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
that makes sense and after servers are back up i will test it. I just updated my video drivers so i will check that out.

Thank you so much for your prompt response!

EDIT My Ambient Occlusion was already off so it probably wasn't that. anxious to try the AA fix though.
Edited by Verth#1251 on 11/13/2012 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Confirmed Fix! It was the AA settings for nvdia...i set it to application controlled and it started working!

Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]