Diablo® III

Which piece to upgrade for DPS boost?

I'm sitting at 2.74 APS right now and I would like to boost my DPS without lowering my APS.

Which piece should be my next upgrade and what are the stats I should be looking at?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
You got so much room on you to boost your DPS in fact increasing your APS.
1. Change to Tal Rasha with IAS 9% to give you a significant dps boost.
2. Upgrading your gems is another way although not much.
3. Getting Mempo with IAS and CC of 6

Peace out.
Reply Quote
Zuni boots.

Fyi LoH is terrible with archon's low proc. Getting LS and not being trapped in a Blackthorne's set will give you more dps in the end
Edited by skyQuake#1457 on 11/14/2012 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
He has 3 set Blackthornes for +6% Elite damage.. Would need to use a calculator to work out the diffence from upgrading pants and losing set bonus - and you don't want me doing that or you'll end up wearing blues as upgrade after my calcuations,

As Sky stated. Zuni boots. Huge dps boost. Then get a Zuni Pox ring duo/tri stats. +130int set bonus.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 11/14/2012 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Thats amazing u have 140K dps with 1300 INT.

It's hard to give constructive criticism other than to say start replacing non INT pieces with like INT pieces. So expensive.
Reply Quote
- 3.5+cc mempo with 9% ias
- better 9% ias rings
- vw with 260+int
- tr chest, inna's pants, zuni boots, etc.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006346009
Reply Quote
Hmm... sorry, guys. It looks like my profile hasn't updated.

I'm actually using the Chantodo's set with my archon build as it seems to work much better than my LSless Skorn for fighting against Reflect Damage mobs since the left click seems to proc LoH quite well.

I'm only sitting at 120k DPS and that's with all my buffs so I would love to get it up around 150k.

Funny enough, I just had a pair of Zuni's boots drop for me earlier today with 8% posion dmg, 130 int, 160 vit and it actually gives me 3k DPS over my current boots that have 150 int.

However, I'm VERY picky when it comes to my gear. I would like to avoid the Zunni, Tal, or Inna's sets if possible and for my helm, I want to stick with either a nice Stormcrow or rare.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

I'm on the look for some nice Vile Wards, but it's been hard since I want the 7 PUS along with them. I've been hesitant to upgrade my rings since they give a lot of res all and I'll probably have to give that up to get some trifectas since I'm pretty broke.
Reply Quote
I see a Tal's amulet with lightning damage that would give me about 19k DPS for about 40m.

What do you guys think?

I'll be losing the 3 piece set bonus as well as the LoH, but HP will remain the same.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Ended picking up a new amulet and left ring which boosted my DPS by about 40k.

Profile shows 180k, but that's because it updated when I had a frenzy shrine bonus.

My DPS is actually 160k.

Guys think it was worth losing the LoH and 6% elite damage bonus from the 3 piece Blackthorne's?
Reply Quote
No probably not worth it.

You just don't have that much life regen so losing the LOH and gaining DPS will just be counter productive.

Imagine hitting a reflect damage mob, and doing your extra awesome DPS, oh wait, now I can't regen the life back from the increased damage your taking because your LOH is too low.

Eventually you'll be fishing for more LOH again and probably end up costing you DPS to replace it.

Its alright, i'm in the same boat. Sucks.

Vicious cycle I know.
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 11/16/2012 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, I was afraid of that so I made sure to keep my old Blackthorne's ammy in case I need the LoH from it.

However, I'm the sustained Archon build and I heard the laser beam has an abysmal proc rate for LoH so I was thinking if I deal more damage, I'll also get more back from Blood Magic's 1.5% LS.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I was afraid of that so I made sure to keep my old Blackthorne's ammy in case I need the LoH from it.

However, I'm the sustained Archon build and I heard the laser beam has an abysmal proc rate for LoH so I was thinking if I deal more damage, I'll also get more back from Blood Magic's 1.5% LS.

Your thinking is correct,

But ~400 LOH and 1.5% LS is not going to be enough when you beam a pack of RD monsters unless the DPS is SUBSTANTIAL.

I run 1000LOH and 5.6% LS and I can barely regen the life back beaming 4 of them at once @220k dps btw.
Reply Quote
Yikes, that sounds rough. =/

What MP are you playing on?

I'm just focusing on MP2 right now for more efficient runs.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Why is your attack speed so high if you run Archon? I'd switch out Chantodo's for a black weapon and a Triumvirate for a big DPS boost.
Edited by markusbeutel#1535 on 11/16/2012 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm still using my CM/WW gear, but I'm slowly trying to regear for Archon.

I'm still really liking the high attack speed when fighting elites though since the left click seems really effective with my current attack speed.

I've been looking at a Triumvirate, but they all look so cheap even for 200+ dmg ones.

Is there a particular stat on it that I'm not searching for that makes it such a good source?
Reply Quote
atleast 2 pcs 6%

its cheap because it only works with black weapon best leg that compliment trium is EF and Butcher sickle
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]