Diablo® III

Chakram build?

I am looking to make an alt, with a unique build. I was thinking about basing one around chakram as the primary attack using legendaries with minus hatred to chakram. I think it would be cool to see these spammed all over the place.

I don't expect it to be amazing, just want it to be viable enough for low mp levels. Anyone have experience with this, or know if it would work? I would also be curious what chakrams hit coefficient is, sorry forgot where to look that up.
Reply Quote
They can work, problem though is.. you still need to have a Hatred Generator as a backup to generate Hatred.

You can use a Nats Set and an SoJ/Mara to make it -10 Chakram Cost.

The only problem with this is the skill itself.

Serpentine deals high damage but moves very slow. Twin Chakrams is IMO, the best one, followed by Razor Disk.

Boomerang sucks in the sense that its "short ranged".

As for coeffs.. they've changed but..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnACdJ2VndUOdFlfbm45V1N2Z3NGVVE4RTRKdmU5aGc&output=html

That's the old one. I don't know about the new coeffs :)

EDIT: Having high DPS and doing low level MPs is fun. But it still wont beat the fast farming of Multishot and Ball Lightning.

in high MP level, where you'd be tanking most of the time.. Serpentine might seem nice, but Twin Chakram deals "faster" for me.

Oh and.. the way how Serpentine moves is just.. horribly slow.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 11/15/2012 1:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I used to use a spiral chakram build with -5 hatred armor, I almost never ran out of hatred. Worked really well with a windforce
Reply Quote
Thanks for input.

11/15/2012 01:50 AMPosted by Chrizzle
They can work, problem though is.. you still need to have a Hatred Generator as a backup to generate Hatred.

Why use a hatred generator at all? The rationale for using a free to cast chakram is that it would free up one slot. So, you could throw in a luxury skill like companion, sentry, or rain of vengeance.

11/15/2012 01:50 AMPosted by Chrizzle
EDIT: Having high DPS and doing low level MPs is fun. But it still wont beat the fast farming of Multishot and Ball Lightning.

How would the damage of using chakram 100% of time compare to say someone using a hatred generator some and ball lightning some. Also, in higher mp levels maybe chakram would have more value since it can deal more consistent damage, whereas hatred generator + ball lightning is more bursty?

11/15/2012 01:51 AMPosted by PlugDMT
I used to use a spiral chakram build with -5 hatred armor, I almost never ran out of hatred. Worked really well with a windforce

Chakram could knockback well with windforce? Would it knockback so mobs would get hit extra times from chakram? And why did you ultimately stop using it?

Also, another thought. With this build you could use a strong non-bow, like a skorn. Which has more DPS potential (on a budget) a skorn or manticore + dead man's legacy?
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Sheldor
Why use a hatred generator at all? The rationale for using a free to cast chakram is that it would free up one slot. So, you could throw in a luxury skill like companion, sentry, or rain of vengeance.

Because you need to Generate Hatred to use on other HATRED skills, Sentry for example. Having Bat Companion might not cut it also. And.. what would be your last skill to use?

11/15/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Sheldor
How would the damage of using chakram 100% of time compare to say someone using a hatred generator some and ball lightning some. Also, in higher mp levels maybe chakram would have more value since it can deal more consistent damage, whereas hatred generator + ball lightning is more bursty?

If you can go and tank monsters, Serpentine deals hefty damage.. Maybe even more than Hatred Generator(Except Imminent Doom) + Ball Lightning. But I really haven't tried. I never liked that Rune because it moves so slow.

Also, the number one problem you'd encounter would be WALLER affix, shuts you down instantly since Walls > Chakram.

Chakram could knockback well with windforce? Would it knockback so mobs would get hit extra times from chakram? And why did you ultimately stop using it?

Also, another thought. With this build you could use a strong non-bow, like a skorn. Which has more DPS potential (on a budget) a skorn or manticore + dead man's legacy?

In theory yes, if you somehow knock them back with it, they'll be hit again. Just like using Razor Disk while they are going near you and then they get hit again as it spirals out.

We can't use Skorn, if only we can. I don't think we can use any 2Handed weapons other than Bows or Xbows on that matter.

Because if I can use a Skorn, I'd definitely build one around it. DEFINITELY.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 11/15/2012 6:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Twin Chakram a procs KB actually very well not so much with razor. But I use razor disk as you can kite with it better than chakram and does damage more efficiently. Take a look at my build. No hatred generator other than on WF and quiver so I have a free slot to use which I've been expiermenting with fan of knives, stuns grenades, caltrops, etc. Hatred pool does not move at all.

IMO razor disk is better hands down with the hours I've put in with the new build. I can tank a lot of things except a couple of crazy affixes but if that happens ill just vault and tank again but if the affix are to crazy ill just kite which is awkward to do with twin chakram. Also twin chakram sometimes misses it target which Is annoying. Razor disk actually spiral in a circle when you spam it and when I'm tanking it hits more targets which gives me more life steal. But if you don't want to tank chakram is your choice.

WFhas been working best for me though a manticore is good as well if you have gloom up to take, but the life steal on WF and the life reg of 1000/sec I don't actually need gloom up all the time when I'm in my sentry making me do farming faster vaulting around d(discipline is at 58). I do mp2 runs and get 40ish mil a run in an hour. Only time I change my build if I do any mp higher thAn mp6 or 7 which ill get rid of hellfire and xep amulet and put life% gem in.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 11/15/2012 8:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Er.. you have Stun Grenades.. and no, you don't have -10..

The reason why I'm saying this is.. even with -10 Chakram.. you really can't just rely on that as your only damage dealing skill.

You can do however, a Chakram - Elemental Arrow combo.. wherein you can use Chakram as your general attack and use Elemental Arrow as a Hatred Dump..

In order to do this, you'd get Hatred Regen gears and Bat Companion.. + Templar if needed..

Also, Razor Disk is the only FAIL PROOF rune.. meaning it WILL hit. no matter what since it flies straight to the target :)
Reply Quote
Sorry if blizzard didn't update my profile I'm using fan of knives at the moment. You can have -8 reduction with 2 pieces of gear with hatred regen which you can get on cloak, quiver and in my case WF and your pool will not move at all.

You can use chakram as your only damage dealing rune I've been doing it for the past few weeks now and this is the fastest farming build I've ever done.

ChAkrams razor disk do more damage so why would I use elemental arrow
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 11/15/2012 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
You can get 10 actually. From SoJ and from Cloak. or from Mara.

Well.. I didn't delve extensively into it.. but.. I'm finding Ball Lightning to be better.. I did try them, I did. I was actually clearing fast with it but.. I don't know.. The trajectory of Chakram really steered me off of it.
Reply Quote
Well it depends on your build. I dont think you do enough damage or build is right to really see the difference in higher mps. Ive done DW I liked it in 1.04 but After the patch I think it killed the class IMO for higher mp runs to for speed,effectiveness, and efficientcy.

Ball of lightning is good for huge packs only; elites not so much unless you have some crazy gear to support it. ChAkrams can do both.
Reply Quote
I can actually reach 216k DPS if I want.. but.. my playstyle is more on.. hitting faster, not dealing bigger ^_^

Well, if it's working for you, then by far go with it. what I'm doing now is just leveling my paragon up in MP1 anyways. :)
Reply Quote
I use a chakram build on my DH

I Love It, never see anyone else using it, and im usually the one dealing the most damage

I stay alive pretty dang well with my setup

I been using chakrams since I started the game, Between the knockback on my windforce, and the nockback when i spam the !@#$ out of my chakrams :)

its a glorious sight

love my build and love my toon
Reply Quote
I've tried making chakram work efficiently, especially since I have the -5 hatred cost on my nat's embrace. However, at higher mp levels Ball lightning and spike trape:echoing blast are honestly going to be your best spenders. Ball lightning just hits more mobs and carries further while still being relatively efficient, especially if youre running with nightsalker for the added sustainability. At lower mp levels, multishot:fire at will is by and far the best hatred spender for quickly disposing of trash AND elites (assuming you have relatively high DPS).

I've timed myself farming with Razordisk, and while it is quite a fun skill to use, unfortunately it doesn't measure up against multishot and ball lightning.

Have you guys tried out some of the new bola shot runes? I can actually clear faster with just using volatile explosions or imminent doom at high MP than I do with various hatred spenders (i.e. razordisk). Just my 2c.
Edited by Prospekt2099#1984 on 11/15/2012 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well people here are forgeting things that do damage and doesnt cost hate, you dont need generate hate at all, even if you put turrets you wont use hate for your chakram, and yes you can get -14 for your chakram and spam them for free, can use traps to do damage, even mines if you use a bat to regen, you wont have any kind of problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]