Diablo® III

Terrible FPS drop issue! Blizzard plz reply

i was using an 3-4 years old computer with HD5770 and AMD X2 240(2.8G).

While playing D3, at first I can set everything to highest detail with AA on. But then, I started to experience sudden FPS drop from 11x to 1x instantaneously.

I then turn everything to the lowest detail and enable the Vsyn, but it still happens. It seemed to be the same for highest and lowest detail.

I though it might be my computer was old so I "BOUGHT A NEW ONE".

CPU: AMD X4 651K
RAM: 4G*2 daul channel
Display: GF GTX 560 oc (daul fans)

At first everything was good and the screen looked pretty and smooth. The highest FPS shown is 169FPS.
However, when I started playing, OMFG it is happening again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8.1 FPS!! WTF? 8.1 FPS? you have got to be kidding me

I monitored the CPU and GPU usage. The outcomes are strange.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/5u2p6

1. The first thing is that only one core was working at over 80-90% and I thought D3 support quadro core CPUs? (Maybe I am wrong?)

2. Second, the GPU usage is always around 80 and never goes up to 90% or 100%, the temperature is always around 70c. This figure seems good and much better than my old computer. The old one was always 100% CPU and 100% GPU usage, GPU temperature = 105c.

Why is it lagging like that?

3. Third, the strangest part, both of the CPU and GPU usages drop whenever the FPS drops.
The red circles in the picture above are the moments that the FPS dropped.

The circle on the right hand side was the moment I capture this:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ohx9i

I did not ALT+TAB to capture this screen and I was using two monitors so I can look at the figures while playing.

So, what IN THE HELL is the problem??

AMD CPU sucks?
Nvidia geforce GTX sucks?
Barbarian sucks?
Amanda Seyfried is too pretty?
Reply Quote
I have tried the following and still having the same lag

1. Turn on/OFF Vsync : Same

2. Set to lowest detail : Same

3. OverClock : Same

4. Open one of the sides of the computer case and put a fan in front of it (one sticky thread says that overheating of GPU is one of the causes, but 70c on my card is normal): SAME

5. Disable the indexing on C: and D: (game installed in D: drive) : SAME

6. Window mode : SAME

7. limit the FPS to below 60 to reduce display/cpu work load : SAME

8. Set the Hardware class to "1" : a little bit bettter but still happened. However the detail was terrible and unacceptable, why should I tolerate that crap graphic detail after buying a new PC?

The problem exists since the game launch until now. Blizzard employees keep saying that they will solve the problem on forthcoming patch. But when? 5 and a half months already. Almost HALF A YEAR.

We spent money to improve computer performance and get !@#$.
Like we spent time and money to farm and get %^-*s in the game.
Is that the blizzard policy?
Reply Quote
I know of several people experiencing this as well me included, its strictly zone based for me mainly, Rakkis Crossing is horrible and so are certain parts of the Crater in act 3.

Dont nko why but my FPS totally tanks to like 5FPS per second. No real reason why. There i something going on with 1.0.5, this never happened till this update. And as stated, it happens to several people i know as well.

Dont know how to provide better info for blizz but its an issue and its gonna get worse i think as people get more and more fed up with it. Hell it took me 2 weeks to post about it, im totally sick of it and avoid certain areas of the game because of it.
Reply Quote
Blizzard doesn't want to reply this?
Reply Quote
+1 For this, Downloaded CPUID Hardware monitor and noticed the following:

GPU when idle : 45c - 50c

GPU when running games like Borderlands 2(2hrs), Torchlight 2(1hr) : 65c - 78c

GPU when running D3 : 75c - 91c

D3 Fully burns my card (GTX 555), causing BSODs and i'm sure like many others, this is NOT a card issue. There are many who have better cards having the same problem as us.

We all have tried what Blizzard told us to do in their many support tickets.
-Download new drivers
-Clean the GPUs
-Check for overclocking (Which D3 pushed my card to do)
-Turn on V-sync / Checking C:Drive to prevent stuttering etc

To no use. I get fluid FPS in other games, both Online and Offline, yet crap when it comes to D3.
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 01:58 AMPosted by Arthus

If people stop putting FPS dropping and just put SERVER SIDE LAG... the issue might actually get adressed I just vented in BUG support about 1.05 lag

its the patch NOT US

ITS THEIR ISSUE , Not ours

They dissapear and dont respond whenever EVERYONE does what they say and it shows that its blizzards server and not our computers....
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Sxy

If people stop putting FPS dropping and just put SERVER SIDE LAG... the issue might actually get adressed I just vented in BUG support about 1.05 lag

its the patch NOT US

ITS THEIR ISSUE , Not ours

They dissapear and dont respond whenever EVERYONE does what they say and it shows that its blizzards server and not our computers....

True that, there is just way too many people having the same problem. It cant be our cards since everyone's different.
And does anyone notice that when D3 is being run, your GPU is being pushed rather hard? To the point of overheating sometimes.
Reply Quote
FPS Drops and micro-stuttering has been around since the first beta, people said the exact same thing, and Blizzard replied like they do today. There will not be a fix for this issue, ever.
Reply Quote
Any reply Blizzard?
Are you happy with this?
Reply Quote
go into your windows services ... (assuming you are using Windows 7 or 8)

Find the service for Windows Media Player Sharing Service.

DISABLE this service (permanently)

Hoping this helps you with this issue.
Reply Quote
It doesn't help but thx

go into your windows services ... (assuming you are using Windows 7 or 8)

Find the service for Windows Media Player Sharing Service.

DISABLE this service (permanently)

Hoping this helps you with this issue.
Edited by Arthus#1871 on 11/17/2012 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]