Diablo® III

Why Diablo 3 is a big let down

Why on earth would I rather play D3? There is one good reason the simple fact that I played D2 5 hours a day 365 days a year for 20 years, so all the more disappointment that D3 aint better. Any game gets boring after that many thousands or millions of hours of play, but due to the new and UNIMPROVED D3 I'm bored of it in just 2 months $60 well spent???

The item find is rigged to never give me a good item ever. I know this for a fact because I played up through Act 3 inferno, and I was finding better Items all the way up till I started farming Act 3. THE VERY MOMENT I STARTED FARMING INSTEAD OF GOING FORWARD I QUIT FINDING EVEN ONE SINGLE EVEN HALF DECENT ITEM. IN FACT THE MORE I'VE FARMED THIS INFERNO ACT THE POORER EACH DAY MY ITEM QUALITY GETS.

THAT'S RIGHT I SHOULD BE FINDING BETTER ITEMS EACH DAY SINCE I LEVEL UP AND ALL, AND MY MAGIC FIND IS ALMOST 300, BUT INSTEAD THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE.

THIS CAN MEAN ONLY ONE THING BLIZZARD HAS INTENTIONALLY RIGGED THEIR GAME. THEY ALREADY HAVE MY $60 SO THEY COULD CARE LESS.

Oh I do have one really good item. Oh its the one I bought from action house, not the one I should've been given for playing hundreds of hours in inferno. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????????

Also can I get to act 4 inferno? nop!!!

They literally make that impossible too. Yes unlike good old D2 they have very dumb things to aggravate me like extremely terrible dumb cool downs to use health potions or skills. Another reason D2 was so much better is at least it was actually possible to kill the prime evils or the maiden lust that I'm unable to kill you could always return to town and recover, and if you did die you didn't have to start all over again. I TELL YOU IT'S SO AWFUL, AND NO FUN AND ONLY EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING TO WORK SO HARD TO HAVE THE PRIME EVIL PARTLY DEFEATED JUST SO YOU CAN START ALL OVER AGAIN JUST BECAUSE D3 FOLKS MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL IT BEFORE YOU DIE.

I've given up all hope of ever defeating maiden lust It's literally impossible for me who can not even once find a single decent item.

Yeah D3 has some nice things like give you magic gold find, and experience bonuses for killing 5 elites, but OH GUESS WHAT I FOUND BETTER ITEMS IN D2 HELL LEVEL WITH MAGIC FIND OF ONLY 30 THAN MF OF 300 IN D3 HHHHHHHMMMMMMMM???

D2 WAS WAY BETTER THAN D3 BECAUSE IN D3 YOU BEING ABLE TO WIN IS BASED ON HAVING LOTS OF DOLLARS TO BUY OFF OF AUCTION HOUSE RATHER THAN STRATEGY THE WAY D2 WAS. OF COURSE HAVING TO KILL A MILLION HIT POINT, 100,000 DPS PRIME EVIL WITHOUT DYING EVEN ONCE, AND TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY HAVE VERY ANNOYING COOL DOWNS ON EVERYTHING IS NO HELPING MATTER EITHER. THE PRIME EVILS HAVE NO COOL DOWNS NOR HAVE TO SURVIVE ON VERY FEW HIT POINTS, SO THEY DEFINITELY SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO CONTINUE TO TRY AND KILL THE EVIL WITHOUT STARTING ALL OVER JUST BECAUSE YOU DIED. BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO DIE.

THERE'S NO WAY I'M EVEN GOING TO TRY HARD CORE IT'S ALREADY IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN ON NONE HARD CORE SO WHAT'S THE POINT OF PLAYING HARDCORE??

I'VE HEARD OF PEOPLE BEATING DIABLO INFERNO, BUT THEY MUST HAVE WAY BETTER LUCK THAN ME OR HAD MONEY TO BUY ALL THE REAL ITEMS OF OFF AUCTION HOUSE YOU KNOW THE ITEMS THAT ANYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND PLAYING HUNDREDS OF HOURS IN INFERNO.
Edited by Thekiller#1514 on 10/27/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You are retarded, my condolences.
Reply Quote
^ this +1
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Well, I have read just about every thread on the forum on complaints and ideas to make
it better. The number one problem in D3 is they heavily regulate the drops to make items
worth more in the RMAH. Don't get me wrong, I dont think the RMAH is THAT bad an idea.
So many sites made a lot of money off D2 and Blizzards work so I don't think its unfair
this time around that if any cash transactions take place that Blizzard gets their cut.

That being said the problem now is you have a loot finding game that you can't find loot in,
Blizzard has made the yellows and many legendary drops the same as the reason for the
white drops....they said" We made whites to give the impression that alot of loot is
dropping" Unfortunately they do it with half the legendarys in the game and 99% of rares.
Sure they are dropping but an overwelming amount are totally worthless.

The average gamer isn't interested in Blizzards quarterly statement, they just want to play
a fun game. Grinding for 5 hours straight and getting a set of frostburn gauntlets is a slap
in the face with a wet fish. Definately not fun! Crafting is broken for the same reason, too
much randomness they can't or won't fix because it will lower prices in the auction house.

All I can say is Blizzard can fix this and have people come back overnight, all they have to
do is....

1) Eliminate or upgrade all legendarys that are worthless in the game.

2) Give rare items 2 or 3 fixed stats or more and a few randoms so they all dont blow.

3) Make the game fun with runes and a crafting system that isnt just a money sink, let
people find some loot. Sure, it will lower prices in the AH, but, I bet 1000's of 5$
transactions would far exceed the $100 dollar + auctions.

4) Make ALL gems findable in the game, I want to find loot, I dont want to sit there and
spend 12 million and half an hour endlessly upgrading gems. After grinding for 5 hours
I would be happy if a 100% green gem dropped, make the drop very low, I dont care
just make it possible.

5) Give us toggles for loot filtering. Stopping every 5 min to clean inventory is not fun.

6) Give us toggles to turn off those annoying taunt boxes that keep popping up. We have
sound cards, we can hear the spider queen taunting us, we dont need a english text
popup interfering with where we are trying to move our characters to.

7) For gods sake, get rid of the whites, they do nothing at all but annoy us!

All in all I love the graphics and gameplay, its a sweet game, but, we need Blizzard to
stop trying to make it "Look" like lots of loot is dropping and actually let loot drop!

Most of my friends have stopped playing now and will not come back unless they can
actually find some items once in a while.

How about it Blizzard ? How about making loot drop in your loot finding game ? LoL
Anything else you do is just window dressing and won't do much for your player base.

Well, enuff said, got my 2 cents in, wish Blizzard would do this and make it a cool game
Edited by Hybrinyce#1106 on 12/14/2012 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I could not have put it better myself. The thing is, Blizzard has a long and decorated history of letting their players down. Yes, it was sad to see diablo 3 blow harder than a lvl 3 fus-roh-dah, but at this point, I can hardly say I was surprised. :-/
Reply Quote
Its a let down because it is the perfect setting for an MMO style game....much more appealing than the WoW setting and they chose to do this. I really thought Eberron was going to turn into a ghost town when D3 was released, and it did for about 2 weeks if that.
MMO's changed what the multiplayer experience is all about and to go back to what was popular in the 1990's and ignoring what is the platform of choice today is developer suicide....but what do I know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]