Diablo® III

organs impossible

85 Orc Shaman
I am playing on mp5 and i have opened at least 20 portals and only found 1 organ. Is this game serious. This is a waste of time for people and i see how people get fed up with this.
Reply Quote
MP2, and 2 organs. I've opened maybe 10 portals.
Reply Quote
It's quite easy to find people in chat channel/forum for higher MP. Many people doing free MP10 carry if you provide 3 machines.

It's a waste of time if you don't know what you are doing. Best stay with WoW where you can play with half a brain and have them spoon feeding you everything
Edited by Tagle#1471 on 10/30/2012 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Tagle
It's a waste of time if you don't know what you are doing.
Reply Quote
View profile
In my opinion, key farming has since the beginning was, is, and will be a huge time sink that is not worth the effort.

The system is just designed to be as such, having to constantly refarm keys to make the inferno machine, having the organs not guaranteed to drop unless at MP 10, having +4 random property on the hellfire rings, and non tradeable keys and organs.

The system is just too random, blind fanboys/girls would just say that is the nature of Diablo, while I agree randomness is part of this genre's intention, there should still be limitations to this randomness.

It is not bad to have some coherence here in my opinion as hell fire rings are account bound, who cares if I can make hell fire rings easily by own having to farm keys once to get a retained inferno machine?

Who cares if I only need need to kill an uber boss at MP 0 to get a guaranteed organ its not like it bothers others around me. HELLFIRE RINGs arent even tradeable.

The way I see it, the Uber boss system is nothing but a poor attempt to stall the playerbase for time while PvP and other patches are being worked on.
Reply Quote
View profile
In my opinion, key farming has since the beginning was, is, and will be a huge time sink that is not worth the effort.

The way I see it, the Uber boss system is nothing but a poor attempt to stall the playerbase for time while PvP and other patches are being worked on.

Agree 100% .. my group looked at the time commitment needed for getting a Hellfire Ring .. and it simply doesn't feel worth it after spending 100s of hours already playing the SAME content over and over .. Is it something to do sure? But does it need to take so long? This isn't WoW where they want to milk us for a monthly sub fee, yet they seem to be using that same philosophy.

What would the downside be to having better drop rates of keys? What would downside be to having organs drop 100% of the time? I mean you already need a 5 stack. You already need to get at least 3 of each key ... For a random, crafted, bindable item, why does it need to take so long. It doesn't affect the economy.

I quit WoW once I realized that all of the new content they were adding were just purposely designed timesinks to keep you playing a LONG time for minimal reward.

D3 has a sliver of content compared to WoW .. this key/organ/hellfire ring hunt is only going to last so long before people realize it either takes too long .. do it once and get a crappy roll .. or just get bored and move on.

D3's key flaw is designing the game like an MMO without MMO content.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Estoppel

I disagree.

The keys, and organs give players a specific goal, something you know you can work at to try and achieve something.

All monsters/bosses in d3 drop random loot EXCEPT the keys and organs.

Before its just kill kill kill farm farm farm try and find some loot.
Now players are able to do specific runs with something specific as the goal for the drop.

in D2 you know certain bosses had a chance to drop specific pieces of loot, so you ran them over and over trying to get that loot. Thats what these keys and organs are now. Get 5 stacks, try for a key, rinse and repeat, once you have keys you do the same thing for organs.

Its a very targeted event for people who want to hunt for something very specific, and at the end you can build a legendary for all your hard work.
Reply Quote

The purpose of the ring is 35% exp bonus.

Anyone trying to farm it for any other reason is... misguided. Beyond the 35% exp and the primary stat, it's just another level 63 ring. Nobody is looking to get this as an overall upgrade; people farming them just want the best one possible to go along with the 35% exp.

Assuming most characters have 31% gem, 75% neph valor while paragon leveling, this additional 35% ring shaves about 1.5 BILLION experience off of the total.

A hellfire rings takes an average player who can do MP3 10-15 hours, tops. 10-15 hours for 1.5 billion exp. Sounds like a pretty good trade to me.
Edited by Oxyn#1523 on 10/30/2012 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
just run it on mp10 die a billion times, eventually kill it, profit.

????
Reply Quote

Anyone trying to farm it for any other reason is... misguided. Beyond the 35% exp and the primary stat, it's just another level 63 ring. Nobody is looking to get this as an overall upgrade; people farming them just want the best one possible to go along with the 35% exp.

Assuming most characters have 31% gem, 75% neph valor while paragon leveling, this additional 35% ring shaves about 1.5 BILLION experience off of the total.

A hellfire rings takes an average player who can do MP3 10-15 hours, tops. 10-15 hours for 1.5 billion exp. Sounds like a pretty good trade to me.

and 10-15 hours offset by the amount of exp you get during those hours...since your arent sitting in town "crafting" your ring from nothingness. requires a large amount of monster killing to get keys/etc.
Reply Quote
people will do it on MP10 for you for free.

There is absolutely no reason to complain.
Reply Quote

I disagree I think the Hellfire Ring has a chance of being BiS if you have time to keep crafting them up.
Reply Quote
It's quite easy to find people in chat channel/forum for higher MP. Many people doing free MP10 carry if you provide 3 machines.

It's a waste of time if you don't know what you are doing. Best stay with WoW where you can play with half a brain and have them spoon feeding you everything

+1, will read again.
Reply Quote
Probability, mother!@#$er, do you understand it?
Reply Quote
1st time did at mp5 n got all 3 parts...

10/30/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Wakaz
I am playing on mp5 and i have opened at least 20 portals and only found 1 organ. Is this game serious. This is a waste of time for people and i see how people get fed up with this.

i did mine 1st time on mp5 and got all 3 parts
if u think it is a waste of time... hmm.. i guess nobody is forcing you to do it
Reply Quote
stop wasting infernal machines on low mp.

have an mp10 team carry you and get guaranteed ring(s).

you do that and you're eliminating all the rng inception from the moment you make your machine to the point before crafting your ring. last thing you want is an odd number of organs because the realms that spawn are random.
Edited by Midnite#1777 on 10/30/2012 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
of course the whiner is from WoW.
Reply Quote
I disagree with anyone that suggests farming a hellfire ring is a waste of time... Or anyone that suggests that they are a complete crap shoot.

Hellfire rings have 2 guaranteed Properties.

1. 35% xp bonus
2. Whopping amount of base stat usually around the 200 mark I've seen 275.
3. fireball is fun? ( but useless of course)

That's 2 really sweet stats right of the box.

On top of that, it's ilev 63 and can roll jumbo numbers... High IAS, High crit chance, high base stats, and high added damage.

Of course the more capable your are to farm keys, they less likely you are to complain about the process. But regardless it's way worth the effort if you ask me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I disagree with anyone that suggests farming a hellfire ring is a waste of time... Or anyone that suggests that they are a complete crap shoot.

1. 35% xp bonus

On top of that, it's ilev 63 and can roll jumbo numbers... High IAS, High crit chance, high base stats, and high added damage.

Of course the more capable your are to farm keys, they less likely you are to complain about the process. But regardless it's way worth the effort if you ask me.

I think you have no life
Reply Quote

1. 35% xp bonus

You left out no level requirement, so grabbing one of these to level an alt is excellent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]