Diablo® III

Best/Worst/Dissapointing games.

Best game: Super Metroid, love this game and i'll never sell my copy.

Worst game: Home alone 2 on gameboy.

Most dissapointing game: Tie between Resident evil 6 and Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
+1 Super metroid is in my top 5. The music, atmosphere and gameplay where top notch when it came out. I still have it around here somewhere

Best game: A tie between Masters of orion II and Final Fantasy 7

Worst game: game of thrones for ps3

Most disappointing: Final Fantasy 13 and probably 14 as well (i never played 14 though)

I can't say Diablo 3 because i wasn't really looking forward to diablo 3 all that much.. but I definitely thought it would be better than it is.
Edited by Orion#1762 on 11/2/2012 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Best game: Zelda - A link to the past
Worst game... Idk?
Most disappointing: D3
Reply Quote
Best game: Tie for me anyways between Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) and Blaster Master (NES)
Worst game: Final Doom PS1
Most disappointing: CoD: Black Ops just more of the same
Reply Quote
Best Game: Survival Project (minus the lag)

Worst Game: ... yeah it's actually D3, tops it all with everything we've got today and all the other things before it.

Most Disappointing: Final Fantasy 14 (Pre-reborn)
Reply Quote
Worst game: Final Doom PS1

Why? I thought it was okay.
Reply Quote
Best and worst lists would be to many to try and narrow down. Maybe best by genre would be doable.

Most disappointing is easy though, Skyrim. Never in my life have I experienced such let-down from such overblown hype before. This would certainly be a contender for worst game of all time, as well as holding the absolute crown for over-hype then under-deliver.
Reply Quote
Disappointing: Torchlight 2. It was hyped as Diablo killer yet it failed miserably. I bought a copy and only have played it for like 5 hours. Sad.

Most disappointing: The 3rd Birthday (due to ending). Thanks for killing Aya, Square Enix.

Best games: Crisis Core, Original Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 9, Parasite Eve series.
Reply Quote
The best worst game I've played was Pools of Radiance. I'd recommend it to anyone, ymmv of course, so maybe your sanity.
Reply Quote
I could not pick a single game to be the best.

The best would be an action game on an open sandbox world with randomly generated content and RPG elements. Like a mix of the sandboxes minecraft and starbound, the RPGs Ultima VI, VII, VII serpent isle, VIII and IX, and also some Elder Scrolls variety, Legacy of Kain action, Assassins Creed stealth, some shooting if you like first person, riding vehicles if you prefer top-down shooting with also the exploration feel from Metroid and Castlevania, plus some simulation by letting you support business and build villages, farms and such.

All-in-one.

As for the worse, well... any game created to cash in popularity from media.
I can still remember the horrible lord of the rings and harry potter games EA made instead Dungeon Keeper III. What the hell where they thinking.
There's exceptions, of course, like those based in comics, or very old books.
And The Thing. That game was awesome, you cold zip it to 50 Mb, and unzipped it took less than 500Mb and still had quite some hours of interesting gameplay.
Oh, and almost every single sports game. They are basically the same crap every year after year, changing just some names, fonts and menus here and there.

As for disappointments, I suppose the worse was X-Blades. After playing the entertaining Blades of Time, I though I'd give it a try to its predecessor.
And well, I don't regret it, because now I can appreciate how MUCH, MUCH better Blades of Time is and how much did they improve, but X-Blades was horribly boring.

While Blades of Time was a series of explorable levels with varied puzzles and challenges with some nice boss fights and a long series of unlockable skills you could use with several commands (like a fighting game) during battle, X-Blades was a series of closed arenas with a big boss in the middle throwing a single knocking skill while countless critters kept popping at you with only 4 skills you had to pick from a list of many, instead commands (which resulted in you just picking the best 4, instead skillfully using them all like in BoT). It was a mindless, boring grindfest.
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 03:37 PMPosted by zeroxxx
Disappointing: Torchlight 2. It was hyped as Diablo killer yet it failed miserably. I bought a copy and only have played it for like 5 hours. Sad.

Runic Games vs Blizzard...not exactly a fair match-up.

As for the OP, I'm just going to point out stuff I've played recently.

Best: Witcher 2 - Best storytelling I've seen in a game.

Worst: Dragon Age 2 - Bioware took everything that was great about the first game and shat all over it. The rushed deadline EA gave them didn't help either.

Disappointing: D3 - It's not a bad game, but the terrible itemization killed it for me. Even after 1.0.5, the itemization is still complete garbage.
Reply Quote
Best and worst lists would be to many to try and narrow down. Maybe best by genre would be doable.

Most disappointing is easy though, Skyrim. Never in my life have I experienced such let-down from such overblown hype before. This would certainly be a contender for worst game of all time, as well as holding the absolute crown for over-hype then under-deliver.

are you insane?

11/04/2012 03:37 PMPosted by zeroxxx
I bought a copy and only have played it for like 5 hours. Sad.

Theres your problem
Edited by Orion#1762 on 11/7/2012 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Sounds like someone took an "arrow to the knee". Skyrim wasn't revolutionary but it wasn't exactly disappointing either. Niether was it "over-hype" nor "under-deliver". I understand if you feel that the game is not for you but why make generalizing statements like you did? Honestly, if you played Oblivion and Fallout3, you would expect something along those lines which is what Skyrim is.

You also dont hear overwhelming people whining about how Oblivion is better than Skyrim like you hear overwhelming people whining about how D2 is better than D3 because although Skyrim lacks content compared to Oblivion, it also improves on other areas such as leveling, enemy scaling, skills, etc.

Best game:
-Baldurs Gate 2(i like rpg, sue me)

Worst game:
-bad games are all with serious bugs
-i dont play games i dont like anyways

Most disappointing game:
-Unreal Tournament 3
-Diablo 3(because they literally made it boring on purpose)
-Dungeon Siege 3
Reply Quote
Best: It's a tossup between X-Com: Enemy Unknown. and Prince of Persia, the Sands of Time. X-Com is such a bad !@# strategy game. I do believe I've failed to defeat the alien menace a thousand times. By today's standards, PoP isn't too innovative, but at the time it just blew my mind. Great action, fast pace, and awesome music.

Worst: Hell... Xenosaga was boring. As was FFXIII. I dislike linear games.

Disappointing: Oblivion was dissapointing. I spend well over a thousand hours traveling Vvarvenfel, but only a few hundred in Cyrodiil. Still fun, but nothing about Oblivion came near the atmosphere of Morrowind.
Edited by Eklar#1244 on 11/9/2012 12:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Best: Chrono Trigger

The game that single handedly turned me on to RPGs. I still own my original SNES cartridge with 3 maxed out save files on it. Yeah, I played through it that much. I still play it off and on with an emulator.

Worst: Superman (N64)

So glad I only wasted a few dollars on renting this game. It's stunning how bad this game is. Horrible controls, unforgiving and repetitive gameplay, bugs out the wazoo. AVGN did a review on it a few years back.

*Foul language warning* Skip to 3:17 to get to the actual review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJXgJ1c4vY

Disappointing: Metroid: Other M

I loved the game-play and still think it's great fun. But the story and how they personified Samus was just awful.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 11/9/2012 2:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Best game: XCOM

Worst Game: I don't play bad games. :P

Most disappointing game (tie): XCOM 2 and Diablo III
Reply Quote
Best Game : WoW -> iknorite? 8 years later it's still pretty fun and just because a pile of fat virgins are going to trash my post for the record the veneer has worn thin on wow but I'm still enjoying it all these years later. I can't say that any other game has kept my interest for so long.

Worst Game : Quest for glory 5... if you played 3 and 4 you know why #5 was just awful. It feels like the company ran out of money halfway through and shipped the game anyways to try to avoid bankruptcy

Most Disappointing Game : Diablo 3 by far. I waited 10 years for a random map generator that is worse than that of Diablo 1. I waited 10 years for a short game that was designed by an inexperienced dev team. The worst part of all, Blizzard's "buffer" of forum drones they hire to soften the blow of how bad the game is.

Blizzard also won awards? for the Diablo 3 soundtrack. What did they do, make up the award themselves and give it to themselves? lol corporate money management at its finest.
Reply Quote
Disappointing: Oblivion was dissapointing. I spend well over a thousand hours traveling Vvarvenfel, but only a few hundred in Cyrodiil. Still fun, but nothing about Oblivion came near the atmosphere of Morrowind.

First off.. NOTHING is fun about running from quest location to quest giver a million !@#$ing times. I loved morrowind but that got boring FAST.

In oblivion if you want that same experience it is pretty simple. DONT FAST TRAVEL. No one is forcing you to skip all that traveling. You're doing it to yourself. It is a feature for people like me who hated all the damn running around. If i want to travel and exercise i will do it in real life.

It is known to all ES fans that Oblivion was smaller than morrowind.. Skyrim is even smaller than Oblivion. They sacrifice size to bring more detail to the characters and quests.. I still have yet to find a game with quests as interesting as Oblivion's.. I've played nearly every RPG in existence but nothing beats becoming the prince of madness in the shivering isles
Edited by Orion#1762 on 11/21/2012 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Best: Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals
Worst: Lufia 2: Curse of the Sinistrals (the DS remake, was an insult to the original)
Disappointing: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Reply Quote
Best Game: Not Diablo 3

Worst Game: Diablo 3

Most Disappointing Game: Diablo 3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]