Diablo® III

If you had to pick one most hated affix

On my DH I really hate the A2 Keywarden due to his Missle Damp. and "off-screen" mortars.

My barb is starting to really hate Champ mobs with Jailer because once you break it, the bastards spam it again.

I also hate waller when it decides to go down the middle of your character, which is an obvious bug.
Reply Quote
I hate mobs running away scared from me more than any affix.
Reply Quote
Hated affix: Electrified
Class: Ballerina
Reason: I have to eat a ton of charged bolts to deal damage

It's even worse when I am coupled with a wizard that uses slow time.

Electrified + (plagued/molten/reflect/desecrate/arcane) and I am looking at some form of repair bill higher than my liking.
Reply Quote
There are so many annoying affixes to choose from that it's almost impossible to decide on just one.

If I had to pick one I suppose it would be waller. The best for me is waller/mortar, where I'm moving away from a mortar round and a wall appears and redirects my movement into another mortar. That is so fun.

That's the challenge. Picking just one. For me, every other affix, as annoying as they are, are simply amplified due to waller. Waller in itself is just fine, one of the few affixes that doesn't actually hurt. It just causes most other affixes to sometimes be unavoidable.

As a DH, I can vault back out of vortex; smoke screen desecrator, molten, plagued, jailer, mortar; gloom reflect damage; stun fast; AoE illusions, and so forth. Walls just make all that considerably more difficult. That's why it's my top hated affix even though on its own, it's pretty benign.
Reply Quote
DH

Waller annoys the crap out of me, as well. As mentioned, it just makes many other affixes that much worse ;) And it messes with my ability to Shadow Power up some health =P Back when I was running a Cluster Arrow setup regularly, it seemed that the walls were timed to go up just in time to prevent my cluster arrow from hitting ;)

I also hate waller when it decides to go down the middle of your character, which is an obvious bug.

Yes. They did improve this some time back, and though it does not happen as frequently now, it does still occur. Especially in narrow areas. The other thing that can happen in narrow areas is walls forced to crisscross in such a way that while they may not be passing directly through you, you're just as effectively locked down with no visibility of the floor.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/2/2012 7:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you had to pick only ONE affix you hate the most, which is it?

Specify your class and affix and why.

For me, it's waller. I'm a DH and moving/vaulting around a lot is mandatory and obviously, the walls hinder that. In addition, I need to use my gloom sparingly. I try and use it when I have direct access to leech life with my arrows but then a wall comes up and I can't leech. Wasted another gloom and didn't get any health back.

Curious about other classes and affixes.

For me? Fire chains. They are the worst affix I can imagine. And the only reason I really play WW on my barbarian.

Why you ask? Well fire chains interrupt your attacks. Can happen sometimes that you get NO chance to hit the mobs simply because your attack gets always interrupted, and with a rathe slow weapon like twohanders this is rather brutal. WW though makes you immune to many of the attacks, the attack cant be interrupted, knock back and vortex also dont work on you when you spin. But those affixes are not even a problem really. But fire chains ...
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Thanos
@blindv: I've switched to Bola - Thunder ball and it has helped a lot. Changed my most hated affix of fast to second place.

Hm - I will try that! Thankies for the advice. Although, kind of apprehensive that I would have to start aiming properly now...
Reply Quote
Fast.

especially with those god damn snakes in act 2. Jesus christ
Reply Quote
illusionist or extrahealth on those runaway elites.
Reply Quote
for my ww barb (molten, or jailer if WotB is not on)
for my nun (molten)
Reply Quote
Waller affix seems to have changed. I when i click on the opposite side my toon used to go around it automatically. Now it just sticks to the wall. There are also cases where in narrow areas elites cast waller right on top of you and you cant move. I hate waller now.
Edited by chancesz#6867 on 11/2/2012 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Shield.

I can't lashtail kick and I can't gain life on hit/steal.
Reply Quote
Nightmarish. CM wizard. Electro-nightmarish is awful, but its most the fact that while I am nightmarished my character tends to run through pools of molten or desecrator or arcane turrets willy-nilly, and I can't teleport out of it.
Reply Quote
When my wife and I encounter an elite pack, she always asks "What do we have"

And I always answer "Reflects Damage" or "Nothing"

True story :(
Reply Quote
Waller is so obnoxious. It's not even difficult to face, but getting walls on your face every time you move is annoying as hell, specially when you're caged without being able to do anything. They should make the walls breakable or something. It also kinda sucks how mortar can go over them, but cluster grenades can't. Idk if this is annoying for melee folks, but playing as a dh it is.
Reply Quote
Reflects Damage, far and away.

Fast and Vortex are a distant 2nd and 3rd.
Reply Quote
and yet another DH chiming in as waller.
Reply Quote
@blindv: I've switched to Bola - Thunder ball and it has helped a lot. Changed my most hated affix of fast to second place.

Hm - I will try that! Thankies for the advice. Although, kind of apprehensive that I would have to start aiming properly now...

Yeah, and the 1 second delay is a tad annoying as well. I know how you feel as I used to have hungering arrow as my primary. However, the stun with a fast attack speed is still good enough to overcome those two annoyances. I can now take out elite soul rippers without having to move much. Heck, I can even spam thunderball with the soul ripper directly in front of me. He just sits there stunned most of the time (and pretty much every other fast elite). Give it a try for at least a few rounds (in order to get used to it).
Edited by Thanos#1268 on 11/2/2012 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't like Arcane Sentry. Sometimes there is just too many in a small area and they often throw them right under your feet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]