Diablo® III

If you had to pick one most hated affix

1 Draenei Warrior
RD, everything else can be dodged/mitigated. Playing WD.
Reply Quote
Yeah, and the 1 second delay is a tad annoying as well.

The best thing about that delay is fighting the A2 Keywarden with Bola. He has that missile dampening field, which is usually no big deal. And he's a dervish so he can deflect your projectiles back at you. Easy solution to this ability is usually to stop firing for a moment.

So you're fighting this Warden, fire off a few bolas, they're sitting slowly moving toward him in that missile dampening field...and he spins up. Those shots are already in the air, you can't take them back. Simply stopping your attacks as usual won't work, it's too late. And there are several of them there. Now you have 2+ Bolas on your face and a second or two to realize just how utterly screwed you are before taking their massive damage ;)

Yeah, funny though the deaths from that are, I don't fight him with Bola anymore. I seem to take less damage using other abilities.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/2/2012 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fast

DH here.

I'll second that motion
Reply Quote
My main character is a Wizard, and I guess I'd have to say Fast, Illusionist, Hordes...things like that. Stuff like Wallers and Arcane Sentries, those are annoying, especially in tight spaces, but there are ways around them. My Archon's disintegration beam and Meteor can get around walls and creative ducking and dodging can usually escape a cross beam of sentries. Same with Plagues, Molten, Desecration...

But stuff like Fast, Horde, Illusionst, those are times where, if I'm not killing enough of the pack, I can get overtaken. Some of the smaller weaker monsters can get these affixes and I'll be fine, but guys like Phasebeasts? Any of those get affixes like that, my Wizard is toast.
Reply Quote
Waller right now for my WD. Especially a Rare Pack Waller + Molten and/or Arcane (throw in Horde for fun). Get walled, spammed Arcane Sentry and you are trapped.
Reply Quote
walls, walls, walls! no other single affix even slows me down (although the right combo is devastating)
Reply Quote
nitemare
Reply Quote
@blindv: I've switched to Bola - Thunder ball and it has helped a lot. Changed my most hated affix of fast to second place.

Hm - I will try that! Thankies for the advice. Although, kind of apprehensive that I would have to start aiming properly now...

I did the same and I love the bola build. I put jagged spikes, cull the weak and gloom and can often just stand up to the last few elites of a pack so I don't care if they wall me or anything. Suppression fire helps with gaining back some Discipline too.

It's also fun to see mobs exploded from the bolas :)
Edited by wonko33#1278 on 11/2/2012 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Vortex...when it is combined with Molten or Arcane or Frozen and my Serenity is down.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Tiakatt
Yeah, and the 1 second delay is a tad annoying as well.

The best thing about that delay is fighting the A2 Keywarden with Bola. He has that missile dampening field, which is usually no big deal. And he's a dervish so he can deflect your projectiles back at you. Easy solution to this ability is usually to stop firing for a moment.

So you're fighting this Warden, fire off a few bolas, they're sitting slowly moving toward him in that missile dampening field...and he spins up. Those shots are already in the air, you can't take them back. Simply stopping your attacks as usual won't work, it's too late. And there are several of them there. Now you have 2+ Bolas on your face and a second or two to realize just how utterly screwed you are before taking their massive damage ;)

Yeah, funny though the deaths from that are, I don't fight him with Bola anymore. I seem to take less damage using other abilities.

True, I usually stick to my secondary (Ball Lightning).
Reply Quote
Fire Chains.

I find it incredibly annoying that the mobs constantly try to run behind you, and the damage from the chains themselves is incredibly high. Dealing with something like soul lashers or phase beasts with fire chains is rather difficult.

Not to mention the chains damage continuously interrupts my channeled ability meaning I can't move or gain health back.
Edited by illundreal#1735 on 11/2/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
molten
Reply Quote
Fire Chains.

I find it incredibly annoying that the mobs constantly try to run behind you, and the damage from the chains themselves is incredibly high. Dealing with something like soul lashers or phase beasts with fire chains is rather difficult.

Agreed they're annoying. I typically try and focus all of my damage on one target at a time when they have chains. The faster I take that first one out, the easier the chains get.
Reply Quote
Health Link. I do my healing through Life Steal, but Life Steal is based on the damage dealt. Since Health Linkers share the damage, I deal less damage to a single target and the life leech is based on that lowered damage. Makes it harder to stay alive unless I cluster all the Health Linkers together and Rend then Seismic Slam them.
Reply Quote
I find frost really annoying. Have to run a long way not to get frozen. Vortex + frost is even worse.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 08:18 AMPosted by abon
molten

I hate the molten+plagued combo in tight spots where there isn't an inch of clear flooring. It's like, "Seriously?? Where the heck am I supposed to go now" as I see "Not enough discipline to use this skill" message. Still, those situations are pretty rare. Walls have the same effect but the entire space doesn't need to be spammed with molten/plagued, just where I'm stuck/locked in.
Reply Quote
Fire chains + fast/teleporter
or vortex+frozen
Reply Quote
None of these held a candle to the old invulnerable affix, though now, walls and reflect damage are tied. Since almost anything elite runs like the wind, fast comes in third place.
Edited by Gilead#1369 on 11/2/2012 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Gilead
None of these held a candle to the old invulnerable affix, though now, walls and reflect damage are tied. Since almost anything elite runs like the wind, fast comes in third place.

Yes, the invulnerable affix was simply a nightmare (no pun intended). Especially when the minions would block my DH from hitting the main. I'd have to run away but the main would stay behind forcing me to run back and in all that time, having the minions nip at my heels. I was quite weak back then though so I might have fared better today but I'm still glad they're gone.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Gilead

I actually never minded the Invulnerable affix as a DH - ball lightning/frost arrow both were extremely effective against it. I kind of miss it =(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]