Diablo® III

Anyone else...

getting an email from

Diablo III [Removed]
Dear customer,

Because you are involved in the trading of gold and equipment.
legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client.
Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III,
and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on.
We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks,
cheats, bots, or exploits.

Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account. [Removed]

* Account name
* Account password
* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Account security is incredibly important to us, and we hope that it's important to you,
too. If you have any additional security recommendations to add to this list,
please feel free to share them in the comments!

Account Administration Team
Diablo III World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2012
Edited by Vaeflare on 11/6/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
The scammer's english is so bad....
Reply Quote
Community Manager
What you posted is a phishing email and did not originate from Blizzard Entertainment. Your best bet is to forward that email to Hacks@Blizzard.com so that our Hacks team can look into it, and then report that email as phishing or spam and add the sender to your "blocked senders" list.

You can find out more about phishing emails here.
Reply Quote
Yes, I have been getting these e-mails since Warcraft 2: Battle.net edition so they are no suprise to me.

the # 1 way to spot a fake is if they require information. Blizzard already has your info.. encrypted or not

edit: I highly recomend you scan your computer for keyloggers or other types of spyware if you indeed, which you did, open that e-mail.
Edited by MANTiC0R3#1342 on 11/6/2012 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
ahaha how could anyone over the age of 12 ever fall for this?
Reply Quote
Anyone that would fall for this deserves to have their account closed.
Reply Quote
hacks@blizzard.com does not work to fend off cheats, hackers, and other fishy people. I have used it twice with good evidence supporting my claims of 3rd party program use, and 2-3 weeks afterwards, the same person is still using the same programs. I supplied video evidence which shows said program in action. Still nothing. Hacks@blizzard.com sucks
Reply Quote
Yea Blizz doesn't care. They shouldn't either. It's your own fault if you buy into a scam.

Here is a screenshot of someone trying to scam me:

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r509/SamChowders/Screenshot141.jpg
Reply Quote
every time I get one of these loser emails.. I ALWAYS look at who it came from its always a free email address.

best bet is to ignore it.
Reply Quote
I got this email as well... I ignored it but I wish I wouldn't get them in the first place. It really appears to come from blizzard! That's the weird thing.
Reply Quote
I did like 2 months ago, sent it in at battle net ticket thing. and really helped out. I thought it was official but it isn't. they said they would never request personal information.
Reply Quote
I got whispered in game by some scammer threatening a ban if i didn't go to their website and e-mail them my account info.

so pathetic...

reported his !@#
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Adara
I got this email as well... I ignored it but I wish I wouldn't get them in the first place. It really appears to come from blizzard! That's the weird thing.

Spammers can fake (spoof) from email addresses easily. So they could make it seem like it's from whoever they want.

I really wish banks/etc would get into the practice of NOT including links in emails. Even blizzard is guilty of this (with having support link at the bottom). Scam emails could look identical and have a different actual destination.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I get that crap all the time. I just forward the text of it to Blizzard and delete the e-mail itself afterwards.
Reply Quote
I've gotten 1 of these every day for the last 2 months or so, i have forwarded a number of them to hacks@blizzard.com mostly i just delete them. The funny thing is the email address the scammers send this to isnt the one i have tied to Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
If you opened it you should also run a virus scan .A lot of them have viruses attached to you just opening them you don't even have to reply to get hacked.
Reply Quote

Spammers can fake (spoof) from email addresses easily. So they could make it seem like it's from whoever they want.

As someone before said, anyone over the age of 12 should know to look at the address bar when they click a link. Obviously a legitimate blizzard link would take you to either blizzard.com or battle.net.

Seems like most of the posts in this forum are just PEBKAC.
Reply Quote
What you posted is a phishing email and did not originate from Blizzard Entertainment. Your best bet is to forward that email to Hacks@Blizzard.com so that our Hacks team can look into it, and then report that email as phishing or spam and add the sender to your "blocked senders" list.

What good would it do considering Blizzard01 is still spamming people in the in-game chat rooms? Everyone knows he's been reported a few hundred times.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

What good would it do considering Blizzard01 is still spamming people in the in-game chat rooms? Everyone knows he's been reported a few hundred times.

How spambots work:

1. Create a character named Blizzard01 on a compromised account.

2. Spam chat.

3. Delete character when it's muted and/or account is banned.

4. Repeat steps 1-3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]