Diablo® III

Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.5)

Finally ... got to P.Lvl 100 (not updated as of this writing). Sadly it is also the time I go into D3 afk mode. I have

Keep having fun and have a good weekend. :>

And thank you for this wonderful guide Peter and all the regular contributors.

You're welcome, and Paragon Level 100??!!? Oh my goodness, congratulations!

You mean the 0.05 coefficient number? Or the CC build?

Yeah, i mean the coefficient number. Because sometimes it's still jinxed out there. The coefficient number is still part of pet anyway :D. I do run proc test with all WD skills and confirmed that the 0.05 on burning dogs is only by their aura, and none by their attacks, while the 0.1 on rabid dogs is only by their attack, and none by their DoT.

Ok updated.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 11/17/2012 12:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 08:18 AMPosted by LuckyDog
What are you guys doing about reflect damage? I have over 2k regen and some LOH but it's still hurting me at MP6+. I have to really be careful about stepping in and out of fights and managing my health. I can't afford a LS skorn so what's a cheap way to do this? I also tried blood ritual but didn't seem to matter much. Yesterday, my pets killed me when I couldn't disengage fast enough.

This will sound cliched but you just need more AR. Looking at your profile, your gear only gives an additional 50 AR? No amount of LoH and/or LS is gonna make RD any less painful. My previous set of MF gear gave me about an additional 800 AR and all I needed was 800 LoH; I was even happy to see RD mobs because it was as good as a non-existent affix for me.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Xenophon
What are you guys doing about reflect damage? I have over 2k regen and some LOH but it's still hurting me at MP6+. I have to really be careful about stepping in and out of fights and managing my health. I can't afford a LS skorn so what's a cheap way to do this? I also tried blood ritual but didn't seem to matter much. Yesterday, my pets killed me when I couldn't disengage fast enough.

This will sound cliched but you just need more AR. Looking at your profile, your gear only gives an additional 50 AR? No amount of LoH and/or LS is gonna make RD any less painful. My previous set of MF gear gave me about an additional 800 AR and all I needed was 800 LoH; I was even happy to see RD mobs because it was as good as a non-existent affix for me.

No my helm alone has more than 50 AR. Like I said, I switched some skills and it's fine now. Some skills don't process LOH well I guess.
Reply Quote
update:

-using a ton of fire dmg boosts (with +dmg on locust swarm)
-currently farming mp5 for machines
-standard skills: SW heal, burning dogs, cleave garg, searing locusts, fierce loyalty, ptv
-aoe farmings: flash fire bomb, SH, gruesome feast, with thing of the deep
-single target (ubers): pyrogeist, blazing spiders, spirit vessel... and a spider dmg OH
Edited by Terihlon#1660 on 11/18/2012 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not sure if this has been done before or not but here is a build that I like a lot and has been very effective so far:

Addling Toads
Paranoia
Healing Journey
Slam Dance
Humongoid
Leeching Beasts

PtV
Tribal Rites
Fierce Loyalty

I bought a Last Breath a while ago and couldn't decide what to do with it. Thought about giving my enchantress a Tormentor to just for more confusion.

I think a Last Breath is a must have for this build. On the good side though they are way cheaper then they were when I got mine. Also probably want to shoot for at least 1.5 attacks per second.

Always looking for more people to play with and talk about build ideas and whatnot so feel free to add me in game.
Reply Quote
how low can you get the cooldown on confusion?

i was thinking about the same kind of build a while back... i didn't cast fast enough to feel like the toads were doing their job
Reply Quote
I don't have an exact number because i'm not sure how the reduction from tribal rites is calculated with the 15 second reduction from Last Breath.

I was quite surprised with addling toads. A lot more damage than I expected and the confusion goes off a good bit with 2 attacks per second.

Next thing I will be messing with is a fire/attack speed build based around ghost bomb. I think overall the sycophants/gidbinn build is still my favorite but I like to have options so I can switch whenever I feel like it.
Edited by FallofKings#1473 on 11/19/2012 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey guys. Been a while since I was around on these forums (new job taking up my time). Planning on easing back into some D3. Been playing around with this build

Quick question, I've seen people talking about 0 CD zombie dogs. How is that achieved?
Reply Quote
There is a mojo with -20 seconds to zombie dog cooldown. 2 rings, an ammy, and a helm with anywhere between 3 and 9 second reduction. Combined with tribal rites you can get the cd to 0.

Anyone know how chance to freeze interacts with Ghost Bomb? Can it freeze everything it hits or just the initial area or just one target?

Another interesting weapon I have been using is wizardspike. Technically it's a wizard weapon but i like the all resist, high attack speed, and the frozen orb.

Also on the mass confusion cooldown if it works the way I think it does with Tribal Rites and Last Breath the cooldown is 30 seconds.

I wish you could search items like maras, skull grasp and soj by specific skills. Having to go through pages and pages of them to find the one you want is a pain.
Edited by FallofKings#1473 on 11/20/2012 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wish you could search items like maras, skull grasp and soj by specific skills. Having to go through pages and pages of them to find the one you want is a pain.

Set the search parameter to armor and no subcategory. Choose the skill you want to look for like "Locus Swarm" put in anything additional that might help like "Max Mana" if you wat SoJs or LoH if you want Skull Grasps.
And set the category to "legendarys" so yu don't get alot of rares.
It's not perfect but helps alot.
Reply Quote
The only problem with that is not all the skills pop up.
Reply Quote
A blue responded to my concern on Thorn. They said they are aware of it and looking into more solutions to make them more viable.
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Jibikao
A blue responded to my concern on Thorn. They said they are aware of it and looking into more solutions to make them more viable.

That's nice to hear. I'll consider using thorn if it's viable.
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Jibikao

Very nice!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199030731#5

Could you please help with this Peter? Or anyone if they know the answer or have input.
Reply Quote

Could you please help with this Peter? Or anyone if they know the answer or have input.

Hey dude, my brain isn't working too well without coffee, but I think that other WD either:
1. Only told you his maximum gargantuan damage (he picked the high crit numbers). So he meant he critted up to 300k.
2. As some people mentioned, maybe he counted the damage after buffs like gruesome feast.

The test that I did long ago showed that if you have a 1000 dps weapon, it doesn't matter whether it is a 1Her or a 2Her. They both will do the same overall damage. But the range of damage numbers they do is different (1000 dps 2Her will have longer range of numbers than 1000 dps 1Her). So, if your unbuffed character damage is higher than his, your gargantuan should do more damage than his gargantuan.

Do you remember his name? I can check his profile to see anything interesting.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 11/23/2012 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

I would not worry about this because I don't expect my pets to kill anything. I just need them to block. Trust me, they don't do much damage critical hits or not.
Edited by LuckyDog#1163 on 11/25/2012 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't know if anyone really cares but i wanted to post that my pet doctor has 4358 LR and 2617 int. With this my Gargantuan hits over 120k each cleave(no crit and he uses it a lot i find) and can easily solo diablo on inferno with no help. Hes almost impossible to kill and even my dogs have to take a beating to die. Plus even when either my garg or dogs get weak i can use healing journey to boost LR to over 8k healing them both at an impressive rate. Anyways good luck to you all.
Edited by AStonedGuy#1394 on 11/26/2012 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Toaster
I don't know if anyone really cares but i wanted to post that my pet doctor has 4358 LR and 2617 int. With this my Gargantuan hits over 120k each cleave(no crit and he uses it a lot i find) and can easily solo diablo on inferno with no help. Hes almost impossible to kill and even my dogs have to take a beating to die. Plus even when either my garg or dogs get weak i can use healing journey to boost LR to over 8k healing them both at an impressive rate. Anyways good luck to you all.

Can you link your profile and build?
Reply Quote
Can you link your profile and build?[/quote]

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AStonedGuy-1394/hero/20736181

Note: when i play hard monster levels i swap the ruby out so i can get over 60k hp easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]