Diablo® III

Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.5)

12/28/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Peter
Everyone enjoying holidays?

I got a nice Xmas present, finally crafted a useful hellfire ring.
Reply Quote
Hello everyone,

I can not add many of you as friends because of different regions. So that's my profile, all suggestions will be highly appreciated:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Toygar-2188/hero/3162747

And my questions are: which speciality/specialities is more important to maximise dps? attack speed, critical chance or critical hit damage?

Which passive skills should I choose with a thing of the deep?
Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Toygar
And my questions are: which speciality/specialities is more important to maximise dps? attack speed, critical chance or critical hit damage?

1 Intelligence = 10 dps
1 Attack Speed = 196 dps
1 Critical Chance = 91 dps
1 Critical Damage = 28 dps
1 Average Damage = 30 dps

This numbers are correct for my character only. Go find yours:
1) Go to auction or normal difficulty vendors.
2) Get magic rings: +1 int, +1 attack speed, +1 crit, +1 crit damage, +2-4 damage
3) Get empty socket ring.
4) Equip empty socket ring in the slot above weapon
5) Hover you mouse over each damage ring and write numbers
6) Divide numbers if needed. For example “+2-4” damage ring divide by 3 (average).

My normalized numbers:

1 Attack Speed = 20 intelligence
1 Critical Chance = 9 intelligence
1 Critical Damage = 3 intelligence
1 Average Damage = 3 intelligence

Keeping this in mind I search equipment upgrades in auction, chat channels, forums, and ingame drops.
Note, attack speed doesn't improve spell damage. It improves casting rate.
Reply Quote
Garg does proc LoH and life steal:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415156177#15
Reply Quote
"i cast spirit walk = 999 all resist and horrify (frightening aspect) = +100% defense ( 8k+ def) before summoning, my dogs/garg can tank mp10 without dying, except descecrator elites or when i die"

+1

Anyone can prove or confirm?

not sure, but for me, yes, i tried it already in mp10 inferno solo, or maybe its just my imagination hehehe, my real All resist 600+ and 3.7k def and not so good gears, thats why i think it is effective
http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/profile/Kalokuh-6924/hero/2334302 i hope you can understand this korean armors, err i dont understand this either
Edited by Kalokuh#6924 on 1/3/2013 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

01/02/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Birddance

1 Intelligence = 10 dps
1 Attack Speed = 196 dps
1 Critical Chance = 91 dps
1 Critical Damage = 28 dps
1 Average Damage = 30 dps

This numbers are correct for my character only. Go find yours:
1) Go to auction or normal difficulty vendors.
2) Get magic rings: +1 int, +1 attack speed, +1 crit, +1 crit damage, +2-4 damage
3) Get empty socket ring.
4) Equip empty socket ring in the slot above weapon
5) Hover you mouse over each damage ring and write numbers
6) Divide numbers if needed. For example “+2-4” damage ring divide by 3 (average).

My normalized numbers:

1 Attack Speed = 20 intelligence
1 Critical Chance = 9 intelligence
1 Critical Damage = 3 intelligence
1 Average Damage = 3 intelligence

Keeping this in mind I search equipment upgrades in auction, chat channels, forums, and ingame drops.
Note, attack speed doesn't improve spell damage. It improves casting rate.

Thanks my friend. I am writing my numbers in case anyone is confused about the same topic.

1 Intelligence: +44 damage
%1 Critical Hit Damage: +182 damage
%1 Attack Speed: +614 damage
%1 Critical Hit Chance: +1057 damage
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I've been a little bit lazy and stop reading at page 3, but I didn't see any mention about the funny dagger-wielding fetish that WD can invoque somehow.

My question is : Do this funny guys are considered as pet as well as any zombie-dog ? Do they have proc rate, thorns and all that things ?

I'm french, so, sorry for my english, and thanks for your coming answers.
Reply Quote
Edited by PolyV#2539 on 1/7/2013 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I've been a little bit lazy and stop reading at page 3, but I didn't see any mention about the funny dagger-wielding fetish that WD can invoque somehow.

My question is : Do this funny guys are considered as pet as well as any zombie-dog ? Do they have proc rate, thorns and all that things ?

I'm french, so, sorry for my english, and thanks for your coming answers.

Heya, sorry for the late reply.

I have tried it, and I don't think they either trigger thorns, or proc effects like LoH. But I've never fully tested it because they never last long enough to give proper results.

I know they do not have Force Armor, because they can die in 2 hits. They are mostly used to supplement damage and act as meatshields.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 1/8/2013 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
My question is, If using Zombie Dogs with Burning Dogs rune can damage % be changed by + to skill? ie. Maximus - Fire skills deal 24% more Damage. Thus 2% aoe Damage (Burning Dogs) would be 26% Damage? If not the % to skills needs an astrix stateing such...
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Bacteria187
My question is, If using Zombie Dogs with Burning Dogs rune can damage % be changed by + to skill? ie. Maximus - Fire skills deal 24% more Damage. Thus 2% aoe Damage (Burning Dogs) would be 26% Damage? If not the % to skills needs an astrix stateing such...

I think it will be multiplied so 2% aoe fire damage will become 2.48% aoe fire damage. So it's not a lot. The fire damage increase is more for you. Dogs do very low damage.
Reply Quote
Nice
Reply Quote
Pets get damage based on your DPS.
So dogs do 9% of your current DPS, in this case, the buff from BBV is applied indirectly.

Does BBV change the damage of your dogs? Which of these is correct? (or others if I missed cases)
Do your dogs do 9% of your DPS?
Do your dogs do 9%*1.3 = 11.7% of your DPS while under BBV?
Do your dogs attack 20% faster?
Reply Quote
Do Stats Benefit Pets?
Critical Hit Damage: No

Shouldnt it be : Yes (through increasing your damage, doesn't increase pet Critical Hit Damage)
??
Reply Quote
"i cast spirit walk = 999 all resist and horrify (frightening aspect) = +100% defense ( 8k+ def) before summoning, my dogs/garg can tank mp10 without dying, except descecrator elites or when i die"

Does this work? Do pets benefit from your temporary buffs and persist after they are gone???

They definitely benefit from the Frightening Aspect. I tested just like you in high MP, MP8 and MP10. Both dogs and garg were more durable. The best test was the electric elites and hard hitting physical attacks such as Hulking phase beasts. (Or both at the same time)

My test was:
Don't use spirit walk/frightening aspect while summoning them. Note what sort of enemies kill them and try to retrace my steps to find similar enemies for the next test. Do not use frightening aspect at all.

Use spirit walk and frightening aspect when summoning dogs/garg. Run around the same MP act area a few times and do not cast frightening aspect except to summon the dogs. I noted electric and hard hitting enemies weren't killing them as quickly.

I then even tested with a litany of the undaunted, but without frightening aspect, and then take off litany for SoJ and use frightening aspect while summoning. They survived better because of frightening aspect during summon. I take about 66% of my normal damage with frightening aspect on, so that's a big deal! %51.79 from armor before and %68.24 from armor with FA up.
(1-.6824)/(1-.5179) ~= 65.88%

When I use spirit walk I see the resists go to 999, but the tool tip doesn't update with the temporary resists, so I am not sure if it works or what the damage reduction would be. With FA, the armor tool tip does update so I can see I reduce damage by 68% versus 52%.
Edited by MCP#1477 on 2/2/2013 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
So they are snapshot's of your stats when summoned? What if we used JF at the beginning to summon them before we went out?
Reply Quote
so i've seen this posted before and i've posted it on another forum but never an answer if i have fierce loyalty do my fetishes get the thorns or regen abilities also if i have gear that summons things do they as well?
Reply Quote

03/07/2013 11:59 PMPosted by BrianRobinso
so i've seen this posted before and i've posted it on another forum but never an answer if i have fierce loyalty do my fetishes get the thorns or regen abilities also if i have gear that summons things do they as well?

They do not benefit from fierce loyalty.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
you say nothing but health regen heals dogs when fierce loyalty is on, but im pretty sure in my own testing and playing that picking up the health globs heals the pets up aswell, it always works for me.

and do you know if potions help?

and are you suuuure life on hit dont help? because you your self the master is getting healed by those life on hit items, wouldnt some of that (life regen from life on hit) transfer over to the pets? it sure seams like it does to me when im playing, true i dont have any formal way of testing it....

yeah i just tested it and am edditing this: picking up globes DOES heal your pets, so having a decent pick up range helps keep pets alove also.
Edited by Samantha#1988 on 9/23/2013 12:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]