Diablo® III

Was the forlorn farmer's wife ever alive?

There is a random event in the forlorn farm in the fields of misery where you see a beast slain by scavengers. After they are dead the farmer comes out.

I am wondering if his wife was ever alive. He makes one of his puns about when they first met.
Reply Quote
I don't know, but the end of that event is hilarious. Nice bit of dark comedy to add to the game.
Reply Quote
It is definitely hilarious. i especially like how the demon hunter is like "You will stop this, Now." (something along those lines).

I'd love to hear the other class responses to him
Reply Quote
I also think the responses of your character vary by gender as well. My female mage is pretty cheeky with her comments.
Reply Quote
There is a random event in the forlorn farm in the fields of misery where you see a beast slain by scavengers. After they are dead the farmer comes out.

I am wondering if his wife was ever alive. He makes one of his puns about when they first met.

Im guessing that she was alive before she died.

But did she die before she met the farmer?
Reply Quote
She probably slept around to fill her resplendent chest with goodies from any hero that came by. The farmer himself killed her so that she would never leave his side. Now he lives in denial in belief that she still lives, despite a part of him realizing what he has done, the part where the jokes/puns come from.
Reply Quote
The WitchDoctor is very accepting of the farmers lifestyle...at first I thought it was wierd 'til I realized almost all his friends are dead too.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Bilgato
The WitchDoctor is very accepting of the farmers lifestyle...at first I thought it was wierd 'til I realized almost all his friends are dead too.

Lol i have got to hear that conversation!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Sometimes, the mystery is better than knowing.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
Sometimes, the mystery is better than knowing.

I always hit her on my way out, her head goes flying. I don't want to know what he does after I leave.
Reply Quote
It's definitely one of my favourite sections of the game. It has such great writing for such a small thing in the game. The dark comedy is spot on. I love how the Male Monk awkwardly says, "I...must be going" at the end of it.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Loretta
I also think the responses of your character vary by gender as well. My female mage is pretty cheeky with her comments.

So far I have found the Barbarian comments across male/female are identical (throughout the entire game), which is boring and lazy.
Edited by Mith#1762 on 11/8/2012 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
It would be nice if there was extra reward for doing the events besides a worthless amount of gold. An extra NV stack or increased chance for legendaries/set would be cool because at this point people just hop waypoints and roll through the game totally ignoring events.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Replay
It would be nice if there was extra reward for doing the events besides a worthless amount of gold. An extra NV stack or increased chance for legendaries/set would be cool because at this point people just hop waypoints and roll through the game totally ignoring events.

you get a stack of NV for doing events now.
Reply Quote
i wonder if anyone gets the "psycho" reference.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 11:35 AMPosted by HeavenlySky

hm? I dont get it, what is it?
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Brathearon

hm? I dont get it, what is it?

you're being sarcastic, right?

either way there is a skeletal woman in a rocking chair with a wig and a strange man.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Replay

Patch notes, do you read them?

All the events in the game were slightly reworked. Completing them now add a NV stack on top of spawning a new rare enemy that is practically a loot explosion. Mostly blue item explosions, but with high magic find I've gotten several rares (and even the odd legendary) from them! They're also affected by 5 stacks of NV to guarantee a rare.

Events are awesome to do now.

Edit:

Here, I'll even throw the patch notes pertaining to this right here:

"Resplendent Chests will now operate similarly to Elite packs in Inferno difficulty:

When players open a Resplendent Chest, they will receive a reward based on how many Nephalem Valor stacks they have active at the time. Opening a Resplendent Chest will grant one stack of Nephalem Valor.

Major in-game events will now grant one stack of Nephalem Valor when completed by a level 60 character in Inferno difficulty. If completed in a multiplayer game, all eligible characters in the party will receive the buff regardless of whether they participated in the event or were close to the event's location.

Major in-game events in Inferno difficulty that involve a special chest or Unique monster will now also drop additional loot for every stack of Nephalem Valor a player has active at the time of the event’s completion. Several events have had Unique monsters added to them for this purpose."
Edited by Begaria#1359 on 11/8/2012 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]