Diablo® III

Not 1,2, but 3 identical IK chests???

So was shopping on the GAH and boom 3 really good IK chests were up.

One was on bid. The other was 500 starting bid. Finally another had 3 rubys. It took a second and it hit me they all rolled the same stats.

Duping? Or can we get a math wizard in here with the odds of having the same chest drop not twice but three times?
Reply Quote
Gotta be a dup.
Reply Quote
thats what i was afraid of... You can see them if you type in over 250 vit and 150 str and they have 821 armor
Reply Quote
i dont think its dupe. i've actually gotten two items w same stat before (with same name). both were random drops while farming.
Edited by mifesto#1868 on 11/8/2012 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
but to have it drop 3 times?
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 04:26 PMPosted by mifesto
i dont think its dupe. i've actually gotten two items w same stat before (with same name). both were random drops while farming.

It's a dupe.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/12972269
Reply Quote
I was doing the same shopping and noticed these three identical chests. Decided to avoid them. Acrimony's evidence from diablo progress seems to me persuasive that they are dupes. So why doesn't Blizzard sanction them?
Reply Quote
Gonna be a disaster when people realise that they are buying fake stuff on the RMAH. Implications?
Reply Quote
@Jer - Yes, and two of them had c/o's of >1bill. So it's the GAH not the RMAH.
Reply Quote
Sad but this is reality. I just pray for those ppl who bought them in a legit manner won't have them poof on them.
Reply Quote
Btw one thing we can know is, the earliest few person to equip that ik chest on record..are prolly the culprits.
Reply Quote
@jazzman

those items can be sold on the RMAH if they want to.

@Lightofeast

Unfair and harsh on those buyers if it happens. Why must the buyer be worried if the item is legit or not on the AH? While they should be careful at all times, Biizzard need to take responsibility for this. If needed, refund them should the item "poof" on them.
Edited by Jer#6187 on 11/9/2012 1:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah its a dupe.. bought one actually, noob me.. but blizz basically said anything you buy via AH is legit.. lol
Reply Quote
@jer

Well I agree if you buy items from gah and rmah, it shouldn't poof technically since its bought via a in game platform provided by blizzard. Especially rmah where a fee is incurred, blizzard should bear certain responsibility if the items do poof. ( if they are really dupes and poofed )

During the days of d2 where players only get to do barter trades, buying a dupe is as good as a loss. ( unless you "perm" it )

Oh well, kinda sad to see duping happens so soon into the game.
Reply Quote
i believe diabloprogress only tracks items by who actually wore them, like what that site says when you view a specific item "Seen on Characters".

i mean, i will not believe that this one has been duped:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/10778921

or this fabled dagger of alkaizer:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/11950781

it just shows who owned, equipped them and updated in diabloprogress. but it is still very much likely some items are duped because "its been seen" on multiple characters, like my chest, some manticore and/or echoing fury. but that's still not enough to qualify them as such beyond reasonable doubt, thats why blizz is mum about dupes.
Reply Quote
I heard the cries of the people.

THEY CALL FOR RUST STORMS.
Reply Quote
I have seen Duped Echoing Fury

the 1179 damage one is a DUPE, someone is selling one right now on this site a few links below this one.

1179 Dmg / 160 Str / 0.24 attacks per second / Open Socket

Check the Auction, like 7 of them...

What the !@#$? Is this Diablo 1?
Reply Quote
I have seen Duped Echoing Fury

the 1179 damage one is a DUPE, someone is selling one right now on this site a few links below this one.

And what a dupe it is. Imagine if one popped up on the RMAH, somebody snapped it up, flipped it on GAH, and effectively converted cash into gold at a rate of $0.12 per million. They would probably be feeling pretty good right now.
Reply Quote
someone explain to me how a dupe works? when you buy the item you can actually use it in game?
Reply Quote
Well this thread needs more attention.

I wonder when is the closed hammer coming
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]