Diablo® III

Newest wave of Bans....no More Autohotkey

at least not for me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012

Too scary. CM/WW is entirely too spammy. I wish they'd make every ability auto cast on hold down. Sore fingers :-(
Reply Quote
They already nonchalantly said they won't ban for it... and besides, I'm still here. :)
Reply Quote
Based on that post ahk doesn't seem to be bannable
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 07:02 AMPosted by TheMoj
They already nonchalantly said they won't ban for it... and besides, I'm still here. :)

This is in fact, the opposite of what they said. They actually said they might ban for it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159954#11
Reply Quote
Good News then! I've being doing everything manually why can't everyone else :)
Reply Quote
Posted by TheMoj

This is in fact, the opposite of what they said. They actually said they might ban for it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159954#11

Your Cherry Picking...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159954?page=2#30

No one's going to be banned for using a macro keyboard or any macro-capable device or application as long as they don't use them to automate gameplay. If that's detected, and I'm not even saying it can be detected, it would be a violation of the Terms of Use.

However, "third-party software" also refers to any file or program that attempts to:

Obtain information about Diablo III that's not normally available to the player
Transmit or modify the Diablo III game files
Provide access to features or abilities beyond what is allowed by the game's design
Change how Diablo III interacts with Battle.net

Using AHK to permit the pressing and holding of one button to cast the chaining does none of these things. You are still moving the mouse on your own, you are still manually inputting the casting of all your spells.

Nothing is automated.
D3 client, game files, and/or bnet are not being monitored or altered in any way.
No advantage is being garnered (a macro of this type doesn't magically make you able to cast spells any faster than you could by tapping 234 like a maniac manually)
Reply Quote
IF you are hitting one button, to cast 3 spells repeatedly at intervals it is the definition of automation.

" The correct incentive for applying automation is to increase productivity, and/or quality beyond that possible with current human labor levels so as to realize economies of scale, and/or realize predictable quality levels."

For anyone who played WOW you will know things like this have been banned in other blizzard games. (Fishing bots, Prospecting Macro's, etc.) All they are is auto hot key setup to click salavage and then click loot, or click fish, and click loot, but they were banned.

The same is the case for Diablo 3. Same TOS. And you're cherry picking form his other response.

They are saying it's legal to use a macro enabled keyboard / mouse, but using automation (which this definitely is), is still illegal.

Unless you are able to hit all 3 keys at the speed of which your AHK does, continuously for hours, then it is automation.
Reply Quote
Frost Nova and Diamond Skin can be held down. So all you have to click are EB and Twister. It's still a load of clicking.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Robochrist
Frost Nova and Diamond Skin can be held down. So all you have to click are EB and Twister. It's still a load of clicking.

Alot of the scripts had the cast of ET too... so it also depends on the button. However, the biggest fact is, you're casting three spells continuously hundreds of times with one click. That in essence is against the TOS.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not agreeing you will get banned or not. I'm just saying, they definitely have the right to as it is against the TOS, however they will continue to probably go after hackers and botters more than our quality of life exploits.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/9/2012 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sooooo...

If macro enabled keyboards are LEGAL

And auto hot key which does the exact same thing is ILLEGAL

How is blizzard going to police this if there is absolutely no way to tell the difference?
Reply Quote
They are saying the keyboards are legal, but using the keyboards to do illegal things (automation) is not. AHK only does the automated part of the keyboard. There are a lot of non-automation things you can do with the macro enabled keyboards.
Reply Quote
Blizzard sells their own licensed diablo 3 products with macros.....
Reply Quote
macros =/= automation.

CM/WW macro == automation.

You can use their key board, but if you use it to break the rules, then you're still breaking the rules. Pretty much exactly what the blue post that shand linked said.
Reply Quote
Let's try putting this in other terms

Using the hardware is not illegal.

Using the automation feature of that hardware (in other word the software) is illegal.

For Blizzard to sell macro capable keyboard doesn't mean they allow you to automate part of their game.

they are only searching for more revenue and keyboard/mouse with extra keys sell very well amongst gamers.
Reply Quote
So if I go to the store and buy an official Diablo 3 mouse that says "assign all your favorite d3 commands to customizable macros" I will get banned for using it?

Class action lawsuit if they ban me for that but my hunch is you guys are making too many assumptions.
Reply Quote
I disagree with your 'hours on end' theory

"Provide access to features or abilities beyond what is allowed by the game's design"

That to me means very specifically that you must be using software to do something that is not able to do done normally.

Pressing 234 really fast while holding down left click is exactly the same in game as using a macro to do it for you by holding down 'q' . You are not gaining ANY in game benefit from this. The only benefit gained is ease of access. You are not obtaining any unfair advantage in the sense that you are dealing more DPS, freezing mobs any stronger, or any tangible in game benefit.

You are also manually controlling all input to the game. Its not automation.

Multiboxers don't get banned and they are 'automating' three charaters while playing the fourth. Its not automation though because its all still being inputted manually and continuously by a player.
Reply Quote
I dont even know how they would detect it unless you were pushing 1 2 3 every 10msec exactly. Which is what my official d3 mouse does and no ban yet. OTOH I wrote AHK script that is random 1 2 3 pressing and impossible for them to detect since it looks like actual human inputs. It would be hilarious if I got banned using official mouse rather than my script and third party ap.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/9/2012 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here is a link to the diablo 3 official mouse enjoy

http://steelseries.com/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-mouse#specifications

What your saying is akin to the national basketball association selling officially licensed steroids. If its illegal then they aren't gonna put their name on it.
Reply Quote
I disagree with your 'hours on end' theory

"Provide access to features or abilities beyond what is allowed by the game's design"

That to me means very specifically that you must be using software to do something that is not able to do done normally.

Pressing 234 really fast while holding down left click is exactly the same in game as using a macro to do it for you by holding down 'q' . You are not gaining ANY in game benefit from this. The only benefit gained is ease of access. You are not obtaining any unfair advantage in the sense that you are dealing more DPS, freezing mobs any stronger, or any tangible in game benefit.

You are also manually controlling all input to the game. Its not automation.

Multiboxers don't get banned and they are 'automating' three charaters while playing the fourth. Its not automation though because its all still being inputted manually and continuously by a player.

Multiboxes don't get banned because as stated by the blues many times, that there has to be a reaction to each keystroke and not repeated actions. 1 keystroke = 1 action for each acount.

this is 1 key stroke =X amount of actions depending on how long you held it donw and the wait time you put on it. So far every blue post has backed all my points, so it's pointless to argue any further. Will they ban? probably not. Can they? absolutely.

What your saying is akin to the national basketball association selling officially licensed steroids. If its illegal then they aren't gonna put their name on it.

Actually not, it's the equivalent of the NBA selling non-game certified basketballs AKA you can use them, but aren't legal to play with in NBA games.....
Oh wait, they do that all the time.
Reply Quote
This should settle it once and for all. Finally found the Blue post form WOW where it dumbed it down.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006891963?page=6#119

Word for word pretty much everything i've said.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/9/2012 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]