Diablo® III

Newest wave of Bans....no More Autohotkey

Perhaps I used a bad example. Diablo 3 licensed products should be usable including all its advertised features for the game. If not they should have a disclaimer on the product saying macros are not allowed to be used. They don't have this disclaimer. This is far more solid evidence supporting the argument that ahk is not bannable then simply your interpretation of a vague blue post that was targeted towards botters.
Reply Quote
LOL. I'd love to see them start banning people for using macro-capable mice and keyboards.

There is nothing any different from buying a mechanical keyboard and holding down 3 buttons permanently and buying a macro capable keyboard and mouse and holding down one button tied up to 3 permanently.

The only reason people need macros in the first place is because they have !@#$ty %^- dell or microsoft keyboards, really any non-mechanical keyboard, that limit the number of inputs simultaneously.

Hold down your left and right shift buttons (both of them) and type this
"the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

If you reply with that sentence unaltered, congratulations, you never need a macro program for this game. If you are in the vast majority, well, get a macro capable device, because mechanical keyboards are *!@#ing expensive.

This is a dell keyboard for reference
TE UIC RWN JUS VER TE LAY DG
Edited by cykikvisage#1144 on 11/9/2012 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I have steel series KB with cherry blacks doesnt work like u say.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 10:27 AMPosted by JellzRoc
Perhaps I used a bad example. Diablo 3 licensed products should be usable including all its advertised features for the game. If not they should have a disclaimer on the product saying macros are not allowed to be used. They don't have this disclaimer. This is far more solid evidence supporting the argument that ahk is not bannable then simply your interpretation of a vague blue post that was targeted towards botters.

Read my post literally right before yours. It specifies everything. 1key = 1 action. If anything more, then it's automation.
Reply Quote
Hold down your 1 2 3 keys. You'll see you are spamming your skills. Should I be banned?
Reply Quote
I love how people are arguing about things they have no definite proof about. Seriously lol?
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 11:12 AMPosted by JellzRoc
Hold down your 1 2 3 keys. You'll see you are spamming your skills. Should I be banned?

Hold down you 1 key. Does 2 and 3 spam?
Reply Quote
Read my post literally right before yours. It specifies everything. 1key = 1 action. If anything more, then it's automation.

The problem is that this isn't something detectable. The only thing blizzard can detect is the keystrokes sent by your client. When you tie (for instance) 3 keys to a single input source, your client still sends 3 keystrokes. Unless Blizzard is snooping into your webcam, they will have a hard time banning anyone with any sort of conviction on the subject. It won't matter whether or not your using a macro capable hardware, or AHK. The only difference is that if you opt to use AHK, it will be detectable. The specifics of the macro you use can't be determined however. Only the fact that AHK is an active process on your computer. Depending on how smart Blizzard's warden is, you can simply rename your AHK.exe to something like sidebar.exe, taskhost.exe, chrome.exe, or any other common process that commonly is listed multiple times in task manager.

If you set up an advanced AHK script using all the bells and whistles like pixel detection, you can fully automate the game if you are some kind of scripting guru. I've seen some pretty nutty AHK scripts for other games.

11/09/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Aimless
I have steel series KB with cherry blacks doesnt work like u say.

Thats because the steel series KB is a mechanical keyboard. Therefore it is working just as I described... How you invested money into a gaming grade mechanical keyboard without knowing anything about it says a lot about your knowledge on subject matter like this.
Edited by cykikvisage#1144 on 11/9/2012 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
It is detectable. People are saying they are putting 50ms spacing between their 1/2/3. Hitting 1/2/3 all within 150ms, repeated continuously is easily detectable, especially by WARDEN. You should look into all the monitoring that WARDEN encompasses. There is a reason people have tried to file lawsuits against it, it records pretty much all interactions going on while blizzard games are running.
Reply Quote
It is detectable. People are saying they are putting 50ms spacing between their 1/2/3. Hitting 1/2/3 all within 150ms, repeated continuously is easily detectable, especially by WARDEN. You should look into all the monitoring that WARDEN encompasses. There is a reason people have tried to file lawsuits against it, it records pretty much all interactions going on while blizzard games are running.

Your missing the point. You can already hold down buttons in this game and your cooldowns go off as soon as they are ready. If your macro has a 0ms delay then it is no different from the previous example. They are one and the same. I'm not sure AHK can even handle a 0s delay however, I'm refering mostly to hardware macroers.

My opinion on the subject is pretty simply. If you are using a keyboard or mouse that is macro capable I wouldn't worry about it. If you are using AHK, don't even bother unless you have a pixel reader that only queues up a spell when it is done cooling down.
Edited by cykikvisage#1144 on 11/9/2012 11:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
ugh, spacing 50ms between 1, 2, and 3 keystrokes is just stupid. just randomize the button presses between all three by a range. impossible to detect, and much more akin to human keystrokes.
Reply Quote
Ok guys, I'm just gonna let the cat out of the bag here. If you really don't want to get detected, just have whatever illegal third party software you insist on using run through a virtual machine. Problem solved. Cheers
Reply Quote
Ahh, you see, IF they put a 50ms or what ever set spacing so the warden can detect, they clearly intend to detect and ban auto hotkeys

And IF the script writers put random spacings so it's NOT detectable by the warden......they clearly just put their script on the same boat with those botting and scamming scripts..
Reply Quote
Anyone using autohotkey to macro is already in that same boat.
I personally have one macro button on my mouse and I use the !@#$ out of it for this game. If Blizzard doesn't like it, they will ban me and you will all have solid evidence that it is banable. But that won't happen.
Reply Quote
Yeah, there are far bigger fish for blizz to catch, auto hot keys in my opinion is not really a ban-able offense but oh well, better safe than sorry.
Reply Quote
It comes down to this.

Is it bannable? Yes.
Will I get banned? Probably Not.
Did anything change with this ban wave? Nope.
Reply Quote
That's why I use razer nostromo. No sketchy third party software. No worries about bans.
Reply Quote
^ you clearly didn't understand this entire post.
Reply Quote
Have just read through this entire thread and still confused if AHK is bannable or not. I really wish Blizz would just make a specific comment on this program since it impacts so many wiz out there.

So is AHK macro for 1,2,3 spam bannable or not?

If it is, then is the only full-proof legal method to spam 1,2,3 to buy the D3 mouse?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]