Diablo® III

Newest wave of Bans....no More Autohotkey

One more time: Blizz can ban you for anything at any time. There really is no point in obsessive lawyering for loopholes or conclusive answers.
Reply Quote
Between waking up my baby and got banned. I choose got banned.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hold down your left and right shift buttons (both of them) and type this
"the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

HE QUIK BRON FO JUPS OER HE LA DOG

Compaq keyboard. lol
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 05:42 PMPosted by nyet
One more time: Blizz can ban you for anything at any time. There really is no point in obsessive lawyering for loopholes or conclusive answers.

I dont think it is too much to ask Blizz for a definitive answer on this. It is clearly a widespread issue and the questions is black and white - can we or cant we use it.

I dont mind buying the d3 mouse to use macros, I just want a confirmation that this is the case.
Reply Quote

[quote]
What your saying is akin to the national basketball association selling officially licensed steroids. If its illegal then they aren't gonna put their name on it.

Actually not, it's the equivalent of the NBA selling non-game certified basketballs AKA you can use them, but aren't legal to play with in NBA games.....
Oh wait, they do that all the time.

LMAO You pwned that guy with that point.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/09/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Kieble
IF you are hitting one button, to cast 3 spells repeatedly at intervals it is the definition of automation.

No thats the definition of a macro

check it out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_%28computer_science%29#Keyboard_and_mouse_macros
Reply Quote
View profile
Have just read through this entire thread and still confused if AHK is bannable or not. I really wish Blizz would just make a specific comment on this program since it impacts so many wiz out there.

So is AHK macro for 1,2,3 spam bannable or not?

If it is, then is the only full-proof legal method to spam 1,2,3 to buy the D3 mouse?

Thay can ban you for whatever they want and even give you no specific reason. emails i read included everything under the sun wiith no specifics.

I recommend getting the diablo 3 mouse tho. just because they tell you how to set up macros for the game in the manual and it's like a diablo product not a third party product. If they ban u then then they are diks and i wont ever buy a game from them again but at least u tried to comply with TOS which is not using a third party to inferace with ur game like auto hot keys.

If you use autohotkey i recommend a random send script so it looks human at least. like ramdomly sends between 65-120ms 123.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/20/2012 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Bankai

I dont think it is too much to ask Blizz for a definitive answer on this. It is clearly a widespread issue and the questions is black and white - can we or cant we use it.

I dont mind buying the d3 mouse to use macros, I just want a confirmation that this is the case.

Blizzard has responded OVER AND OVER. They've set rules that are open to interpretation (like all rules). You don't seem to understand: it doesn't matter how specific blizz is on what kinds of macro-ing is ok, and what isn't. You will always be able to argue whether it applies to x and not to y.

But in the end, it's pointless, because blizz can ban you for whatever reason at anytime anyway.
Reply Quote
What if i hardwire connect button 2 and 3 to button 1 on my keyboard and i just spam that button 1?

no software or rollover used, the downside is you cant use button 2 and 3 separately anymore lol.
Reply Quote
Thanks Aimless for your helpful advice :)
Reply Quote
View profile
omg its necrodamus
Reply Quote
I'm still not banned. Why are we bringing back this old thread?
Reply Quote
I am someone who suffers from FSHD ( a form of Muscular dystrophy ) I've seen a video of AutoHotKey and it would help me tremendously. However i've put many hours and money into this game and would not like to get banned, would i get banned if i used it?
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 02:51 AMPosted by robusto
I am someone who suffers from FSHD ( a form of Muscular dystrophy ) I've seen a video of AutoHotKey and it would help me tremendously. However i've put many hours and money into this game and would not like to get banned, would i get banned if i used it?

Instead of necro'ing the thread and asking people who don't know, use the support link in the upper right corner and contact customer support.
Reply Quote
Pressing 234 really fast while holding down left click is exactly the same in game as using a macro to do it for you by holding down 'q' . You are not gaining ANY in game benefit from this. The only benefit gained is ease of access. You are not obtaining any unfair advantage in the sense that you are dealing more DPS, freezing mobs any stronger, or any tangible in game benefit.

You are also manually controlling all input to the game. Its not automation.

As usual with all things, SNS - Shandlar has it precisely correct.
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 03:39 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
Instead of necro'ing the thread

Actually if you read the stickies - Blizzard WANT us to search for exisitng threads and post upon them - rather than create new ones.

+1 OP
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 03:39 AMPosted by EmmetOtter

Instead of necro'ing the thread and asking people who don't know, use the support link in the upper right corner and contact customer support.

Customer support which has been %100 mum on giving a direct answer.

Blizz doesn't ban it, but they won't say that they outright allow it because they don't want it to have that kind of exposure and they don't want to encourage it.

There has neevr been a confirmed case of someone being banned for using it to play CM-WW.
Reply Quote
Actually, if memory serves, there have been many cases of people claiming to have been banned from it, but after discussion, it always was revealed that the offender was doing something else nefarious that brought attention to their accounts. It has never been clear if they were just confused into thinking their macros had something to do with their ban, or if their accounts were solely banned for whatever else they were doing wrong, or if their macros had nothing at all to do with it. Sort of like, you'll never get a ticket for littering, but if you got arrested for something else, they might add littering to your list of charges to strengthen the case against you kind of thingy.
Reply Quote
<---AHK'ing since 2012 daily.

Am I banned yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]