Diablo® III

100-150k DPS DW Monk discussion thread

Any suggestions how to get to the 180K area with my monk in the most effective way while still staying balanced ? (Good for pvp/farm/etc and keeping an enjoyable gameplay)

Much appreciated

If you are to stick with your Shens you will need to get more LOH in your gear and increase your Life pool in general.

Suggestions:

1. Get a similar ammy but with 600+ LOH
2. Change out Inna's pants with Vit roll getting as close to 200 Vit as possible.
3. For great DPS upgrade which will also boost your CC get Nats Boots and Ring. This will be pricey so you might look into 190+ Dex on boots to keep price down but try and squeeze in Vit if not get double resist to make up for resist lost for switching pants. For the ring get minimum 4.5 cc anything lower and you will most likely have to pick up another nats ring in the future. Try and stack it was 2 DPS rolls and 1 eHP roll. Ie cc and average damage and perhaps your chosen resistance.

These changes will help your surviveability and get you closer to 180K DPS.

Nice ones ! Thanks.. I'll see what I can find with the money I have.
Yes, I like the speed and look of fists so I will stay with Shenlongs. Perhaps I will get better ones but stay with the Kim Lau or Shenlongs.
Reply Quote
@Yeorgo

You seem to be somewhat low on IAS and APS. I suggest looking for gloves like mine: Immortal King's Irons with high Crit, High IAS, high melee damage reduction, low strength, and high dex. They sell for cheap because barbs want high strength on their set pieces, and will give you many things you need. The loss of 30 CHD for an increase of 8-9 IAS will be a net plus I think, given your build.

Are you kidding me? Your glove is worth almost 200M+, take a look at AH, Both 9 IAS, 10CC , 150+ dex gloves are selling for 270M++, and inferior 7IAS, 9CC versions are going at almost 70M. You could get better rares for that price. IK gloves with IAS are ridiculously expensive because they can provide the IK 55AR bonus.

01/24/2013 05:48 AMPosted by Yeorgo
Hey guys. I feel like I've been stuck at between 105-110k dps unbuffed for a few weeks now. I can't seem to let go of items due to loss of EH or DPS. I would truly appreciate any advice on what would be my next upgrade(s). Keep in mind I don't have a billion gold to spend but I do have around 200m for the right items. Thanks in advance!

Your boots and rare ring arent that bad actually, and unless you get a top class Nats Combo, it wont be a huge DPS jump. You will need to get a Nats ring with high avg dmg + 4cc to beat your current ring+boots, and the ring alone will take more then 200M.

Alternatively, you could take a look at EF with high dex and dps. 1150+ dps, 200+ dex, OS EF are going for less then 100M, even 50M if you are patient, shop for 1 with high +aps and low fear chance to replace your fist. But you gotta learn to live with the fear, some absolutely hate it.
Reply Quote

I think your sustain is sufficient, ie LOH and LS. I think you need to get your mitigation and Life up. Perhaps what you could look into would be a solid eHP intensive Ice Climbers with the 12% Life, Vit and Dex. With the socket you can add a bit more dex or vit depending of your choice and it will also help your DPS a bit. The unfortunate thing is to add MS on them it will be pricey.

Hm, I already have 5100 armour and 820 AR; it's going to be hard to get my mitigation up without affecting my dps significantly. I could swap back to the Inna's chest I was using before, which according to d3up would give me back 51k ehp while only losing 1.8k dps.

Yes, why don't I do that. Good thing the Tal Rasha's was only 8.5 million. :)

(d3up link: http://d3up.com/b/35027/view/slug/padma )
Reply Quote
@Silencer,

It is really hard to hit 180k with Shenlongs, especially when your set isnt that good, the DPS rolls could be much higher. You would need stuff like crit mempo to reach that level of DPS with it. The fact is Shenlongs arent end game material, and are quite limited, get an EF if you want to hit fast.

Like others have said, you need a good Nats combo(200M+) now, also your HP is really low, get a Nats combo for the 12MS and drop your lacuni's for a solid rare that provides more EHP. Also upgrade your pants to a high vit version.
Edited by Shade#6905 on 1/24/2013 6:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

I think your sustain is sufficient, ie LOH and LS. I think you need to get your mitigation and Life up. Perhaps what you could look into would be a solid eHP intensive Ice Climbers with the 12% Life, Vit and Dex. With the socket you can add a bit more dex or vit depending of your choice and it will also help your DPS a bit. The unfortunate thing is to add MS on them it will be pricey.

Hm, I already have 5100 armour and 820 AR; it's going to be hard to get my mitigation up without affecting my dps significantly. I could swap back to the Inna's chest I was using before, which according to d3up would give me back 51k ehp while only losing 1.8k dps.

Try to get a good nats combo, also I think your amulet and bracer are due a upgrade. Both are abit weak IMO. Especially your amulet.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 06:31 AMPosted by Virtueboy
I suggest looking for gloves like mine: Immortal King's Irons with high Crit, High IAS, high melee damage reduction, low strength, and high dex.

2 things:

1. The only reason you should be using IK's is for the 2pc bonus. If you're not gonna use 2 pieces, you should get rares or T&T since both offer everything and more (minus the MDR).

2. Theres NO reason not to get a high strength roll on IK's gloves. They come with strength so you're basically passing up a free 100 armor for no reason. The price difference in the two when comparing dex rolled Irons is insignificant.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 06:52 AMPosted by Shade
Try to get a good nats combo, also I think your amulet and bracer are due a upgrade. Both are abit weak IMO. Especially your amulet.

Yep, I'm aware the bracers and amulet could be improved on. Not much that I can find for the bracers on the AH though. I'm planning to craft the amulet when 1.0.7 hits -- even if I don't get any good ones, I figure prices will drop.
Edited by hong#6510 on 1/24/2013 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Sorry about that Hong thought you were just doing OWE and your chosen resists. Didnt see Vile ward or Nats so I assumed incorrectly that you had little AR my bad.

But yeah over all your gear works well together its just now your are going to spend some decent gold to creep up in DPS if you don't do as Shade suggested and go with an EF which is the quickest DPS boost in the game!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]