Diablo® III

100-150k DPS DW Monk discussion thread

@Darcy - I'd probably stick with WKL. It's tough to match the hidden DPS of WKL and the more DPS you have, the more difficult it is to actually outperform the boost with sheet DPS.

I was curious if anyone had any suggestions for increasing DPS without losing any defense. At the moment the only idea I have is to save at least 100m for a crit chance Nat's...

Thanks, I might as well do that. If only my mace had LS, haha. You could upgrade your gloves and lose about 2k-3k health but you can also get more hp from using a %life gem.
Reply Quote
@Darcy - I already use a Vit gem if I'm doing content that's difficult at all. Just had the MF gem socketed from a loot run and was too lazy to take it off when my friend wanted to do a key run.

Not sure if getting CD on my gloves is more cost effective than getting CC on a Nats? I had a trifecta before with no Vit, I swapped it out for the ones I have now because it was way cheaper than getting similar DPS trifecta
Reply Quote
How are you liking the LS so far? So you have 2.8LS and 1800LOH does it feel different from 2500LOH like your last build?

For good DPS bump look into 100+dex/vit/AR/5-6cc bracers. They will get you 6 crit higher an not cost you an arm and a leg.

Against RD packs, LS+LOH is certainly better when I'm using SW. But for normal packs and non-RD bosses, my previous 2500 LOH is better for my current crit values. I don't dare use purely LS until my crits are much higher.

I've got some bracers that can increase my dps another 7k but I prefer lacuni because of the attack speed. I just don't like it slow. That's why the upgrades I go for are VERY EXPENSIVE.

It's nice to aim for 150kdps, then 200kdps but there needs to be more new maps and monsters to fight. I wish Blizzard would come out with expansion pack soon. Farming continuously to buy a significant upgrade is just too long and boring without new things to do. I have already clocked more than 1000 hours on my monk! Also, loot is no longer that interesting because very good items have become so cheap. Not worth to fill up my auction slots with these items. Maybe Blizzard needs to come up with new legendaries too.
Reply Quote
Btw, after 1000 plus hours and 85 paragon levels, I'm still having problems using FoT on my left click. Please see this thread(link below) I created and I need to know how many of you having a similar problem. Hopefully if enough number of players having this same problem, Blizzard will look into it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004342307

Even if you're not having any problem, just say so. If I'm convinced it's due to my 5 month old computer being less than perfect for Diablo, I'll just have to get a better computer instead. Thank you.
Reply Quote
i dont know about RD.. i switch to a 900 loh ammy and an axe with 2.8LS and 700loh 100cd and sometimes, RD still punches through. its annoying.
Reply Quote
It is usually rd together with molten/desecrate/plague that out damages my sustain. Position skills like dashing strike keep me alive.
Reply Quote
Btw, after 1000 plus hours and 85 paragon levels, I'm still having problems using FoT on my left click. Please see this thread(link below) I created and I need to know how many of you having a similar problem. Hopefully if enough number of players having this same problem, Blizzard will look into it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004342307

Even if you're not having any problem, just say so. If I'm convinced it's due to my 5 month old computer being less than perfect for Diablo, I'll just have to get a better computer instead. Thank you.

happens to me once in awhile
Reply Quote
Hi all to monk that hit 100dps and above , i wanted to join you guy but i am stuck at 85k dps at the monment. Can you guys give me some advice how to upgrade my dps to hit 100k ? I only have about 50m left .
Reply Quote
I've been looking for a thread like this. My Monk is doing fairly well, but I could definitely use a better WKL and an Echoing Fury with LS. I would also like to get a Skorn for farming purposes, a Mempo because they are awesome and a Witching Hour, though as far as the Witching Hour I would want one with All resist, so between all of that I need a LOT of gold. I only have 2.9% LS right now, would definitely like more.

But I am open to opinions on how to improve my Monk. I tried to get as much all resist and survivability as I could without giving up too much damage.

Edit: I guess I should mention my damage lol. My friend is borrowing my gear right now, so while my profile still shows my gear it is not showing my dps, which is about 134k.
Edited by Darkinsanity#1468 on 11/18/2012 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi all monks, after reading some of the comments and suggestions, it seen that cri chance will be the more ideals affix to go for, once you reach a decent dps (100k plus). Which my question will be which set of armor should I replace to get the three piece bonus from nats set? Without sacrifices the following stats:

- vit
- resis
- attack speed (I love my 2.6 speed)

And one more question, I spend about 150m to replace my old EF (1k dps , 280 dex, 160 intel , 2.9 ls) to my current EF ( 940 dps , 150 dex, 2.8 ls , socket - 100 cri dmg). Which only increase about 4k in sheet dps...

Does cri dmg really outshine sheet dps? As I can use the 150 m (or less) to get a 1.3 k EF (without socket) and get a 6-10 k increase.
Reply Quote
Hi all monks, after reading some of the comments and suggestions, it seen that cri chance will be the more ideals affix to go for, once you reach a decent dps (100k plus). Which my question will be which set of armor should I replace to get the three piece bonus from nats set? Without sacrifices the following stats:

- vit
- resis
- attack speed (I love my 2.6 speed)

And one more question, I spend about 150m to replace my old EF (1k dps , 280 dex, 160 intel , 2.9 ls) to my current EF ( 940 dps , 150 dex, 2.8 ls , socket - 100 cri dmg). Which only increase about 4k in sheet dps...

Does cri dmg really outshine sheet dps? As I can use the 150 m (or less) to get a 1.3 k EF (without socket) and get a 6-10 k increase.

You'll find that as you get more critical chance your critical damage goes up drastically in value. For me currently around 3-4% critical damage is equivalent to gaining 1% attack speed.

I just recently started regearing my monk (have been focusing on getting my barb to 100) so I have a ways to go, but I think my 3 major upgrades at this time would be my bracers (if AH was working would possibly have won some new ones), belt (working on getting witching hour) and new weapons (ls/socket EF, and crit dmg/socket/ls offhand). After that I think I'll be in a good place for now.
Reply Quote
somewhat midgrade gear but its workin out nicely
Reply Quote
I'm sitting at 184k unbuffed with a WKL so I'm sure my dps is far above 200k I'm working on getting to 200k unbuffed need to save for high dex nat boots and a godly EF ill get there my monk brothers
Reply Quote
Im sitting at ~140K unbuffed with my DW monk at the moment (profile) and am looking for a better off hand.

My TR monk: http://d3up.com/b/128876
is about as good as Im gonna get him I think. Running 142K on MP0 is pretty sweet, especially when I never come out of TR ;)
Reply Quote
Just got 155k dps after buying a witching hour, new EF and new mace. I decided to ditch my WKL and instead got a mace that gave me a 17k dps boost compared to the 27k dps boost from the lightning stat. I really like how demolishers look and I figured that the more dps I gain, the more dps boost I'll get from WKL so I decided to sever our relationship now instead of later on where I might regret it even more(Sounds funny haha). Plus I got the mace for cheap and it'll show my actual paper dps. I also bought vitality inna pants for about 4k more hp. I want to try to get closer to 40k hp without %life gem. So..125m gone in a day...pretty lucky weekend though to get that much money. MP2 feels alot like MP0 so it's time to move up to MP3 for farming now. Next upgrades are going to be awful....I need to upgrade my rings and it's both going to cost me tens of millions for just measly 5k dps upgrade.
Edited by Darcy#1904 on 11/19/2012 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
WKL off paper DPS is much better than the DPS gain on the paper doll.. Oh well. Grats?
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Arcto
WKL off paper DPS is much better than the DPS gain on the paper doll.. Oh well. Grats?

Yeah I mentioned that it was better. Aesthetics is more important for me than dps at this point. Two hammers instead of one and a fist looks better, at least to me it does. Everything's all about preference. Plus, I still have the WKL for the future.
Edited by Darcy#1904 on 11/19/2012 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Arcto

thats not always true

yes if the replacement weapon doesn't give more than the 20 odd % more lightning dmg gained
Reply Quote
No it is a great increase in DPS but it all depends on what you are using for weapons... For me an EF does more dps than the wkl. If the WKL rolled higher stats it would get more use from high end monks.
Reply Quote
6% base damage buff to a non-elemental weapon such as EF makes it better than an offhand with no buff.

Plus it's a direct 15-25% boost to your Fists of Thunder skill.... That makes it much better off paper.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]