Diablo® III

100-150k DPS DW Monk discussion thread

I am planning to upgrade my gears (I will focus mostly on my weapons). I have a very low survivability when I do a run in mp7 or mp8, and I think mostly because I have a very low LoH and All Res. and don't have LS at all. (mine is about 472). So please help me to upgrade my gears in order to increase my survivability but still have somehow the same dps right now. My budget is about 350 mil.
Thanks you guys.
Edited by Lunasmile#1314 on 11/19/2012 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Spent the past week leveling other classes to 60 for the achievement. Back to focusing on my monk.

Purchased a low end Witching Hour yesterday. Next up to upgrade is either my shoulders or helm. Thing is, I hate how Vile Wards look on female monks and good Mempos are expensive. Regardless, it'll take a while to save up for the next upgrade.

As far as sustain is concerned, I'm running around in MP7/8, I have 5.6% LS/403LoH + 660 Combined Resist/4500 Armor...

Only time I've had trouble with a RD pack was last night on MP7 against reflect damage/extra health/molten/something champion succubus. That debuff they do wrecks me. Died twice. QQ. /whitewhine

//edit: I should also mention that this thread ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978349 ) is great for understanding the effects of LS vs. LoH.
Edited by Anxiyz#1914 on 11/19/2012 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Edward
Hi all to monk that hit 100dps and above , i wanted to join you guy but i am stuck at 85k dps at the monment. Can you guys give me some advice how to upgrade my dps to hit 100k ? I only have about 50m left .
just get a inna chest
Reply Quote
Hi all to monk that hit 100dps and above , i wanted to join you guy but i am stuck at 85k dps at the monment. Can you guys give me some advice how to upgrade my dps to hit 100k ? I only have about 50m left .
just get a inna chest

Agreed. A 150 dex inna's chest with and an addition 150 dex through gems would equate to a 300 dex increase over the 228 in the current chest. This would bump damage to up to approximately 91k. In addition to the dex increase, getting one with higher vitality will help you deal with the health problem that you're gemming to compensate. That said, other rare chest pieces will net you the same benefits. So gauge prices and make a smart purchase.

Upgrading your chest will help, but you're at the point where upgrades will net small increases. If you swap to a witching hour (a bare minimum WH with 8% ias and 35% cd would get you to about 95k), but that's expensive, and you could get more out of a a more affordable/cheaper combination of upgrades.

Taking all these things into consideration, it's also important to look to see the tradeoffs of more damage for less or equal resist/health. You should consider reading some of the gearing compendiums available on the forums, like Furiex, Nameless, or Piffle.

Piffle: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435884
Nameless: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435708
Furiex: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6551285098
Edited by Anxiyz#1914 on 11/19/2012 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just got to 205 unbuffed hotness
Reply Quote
Looking for some opinions on this:

I put in a bid for a Witching Hour that I thought would lose, but I ended up winning it (figuring I could simply flip it if I did win and hated using it)

The question is, should I keep it? Basically the tradeoff was that I went from 118k DPS to 130k DPS (with Scoundrel) but I go down from 620 All Res to 550.

I never played much past MP7 before because it took too long, but I'm curious if my defenses now will be insufficient at MP8+ (5200 armor, 550 all res, 34k HP, and 5.4% LS for sustain)
Reply Quote
resolve instead of combo strike/fleetfooted or watever your third passive is could help a bit in certain cases
i can't do mp8+ without resolve, well i feel im too squishy with 650ish res all, 5k armor, 46k life, 2.9 LS 250 Loh
Edited by nWc#1366 on 11/23/2012 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Don't mind the build / gear in my profile please, the gear if for low MP speed farming and the build and stats are from MP6 key runs. No idea why they aren't synced...
Reply Quote
Joined the 100k club after getting my new Hellfire Ring.

I am struggling to decide what to do next. Have been considering either getting a new Nat ring with crit dmg/crit chance with resist to increase my DPS by another 8-9k, or get an AR Inna's Temperance and start the long path of abandoning OWE.

Thing is if I go the AR path, I can probably ditch the resist on the Nat ring and look for LoH instead.
Reply Quote
invest in LR at least 2k. with 3.0LS thats all you need.
Reply Quote
I'm at a loss on what to upgrade next. Just about everything I'm wearing I have been fortunate enough to find. If my profile is snapshotted with my move boots, my battle boots are 276 dex, 121 vit, 49 pois, 75 res all.
Reply Quote
Just to update...

I finally graduated from this thread > 150k dps..... after I switched my chest and pants from Blackthorne to Inna's and changed my bracers too. But now my life dropped more than 10k. I will try upgrade other gear with more vital soon. Congrats to me hahhahah..... thank you thank you.
Reply Quote
I've been trying to balance all my stats to get to my imagined goal, not sure how everyone else is doing it.

End goal
200k+ dps
45k hp
5.3k armor
650-700 all resist
6% life steal
700 life per hit

It seems like in order to reach most of these goals I need to toss out some all resist. To up my dps I feel my next upgrade should be to replace my belt with a witching hour... yet if I keep my resist this will mean a hit in HP. I know I need a better nats ring with some crit and then better weapons. Not sure where to go after that (may be a while since im having a streak of crappy drops)
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Chronic901
I know I need a better nats ring with some crit and then better weapons

I too need nats ring with crit. I see that you already bought your witching hour. I think you should upgrade your vile ward and switch your chest armor to inna's chest which will boost your dps by a lot.
Reply Quote
I'm at 225k unbuffed
Reply Quote
any suggestions on how my monk can get into the 100k to 150k club? sitting at 86k dps
Reply Quote
I am looking at an upgrade at belt- looking for similar dex/vit but dual resists. This would put me over 720 and allow me to use my lacuni's. Other thought it to save for a mempo which would get me to 700 then pick up a witching hour and find somewhere else to pick up the vit. I am trying to get a better hellfire ring and am keeping an eye open for a better Nats ring- did ok with the boots. Crit hit chance would be nice on the weapons but i have dual life steal and the high regular dps helps with consistence life heal. I can tank pretty much anything and stand in ghom in mp8.

Any other thoughts?
Reply Quote
The biggest upgrades i see for you are at gems for your weapons- getting 100 crit dmg in both would put you basically right where you want to be. Not having crit dmg on amulet hurts a bit- you should get more dex and more crit chance on your braces and you left ring needs to have crit chance (or be nats with boots- also would help). On your bracers- you might as well go with lacunis because you can find one with similar dex and better crit plus ias for pretty cheap (and you run faster)
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Omegaxmen
I know I need a better nats ring with some crit and then better weapons

I too need nats ring with crit. I see that you already bought your witching hour. I think you should upgrade your vile ward and switch your chest armor to inna's chest which will boost your dps by a lot.

What is wrong with my vile ward? As for switching my armor, not sure I want to loose 60 resist.
Reply Quote
you can find one with 250 dex. I have a similar one to yours and think this is a min/max comment when other items would have a bigger impact. Unless you found it on the cheap i suppose
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]