Diablo® III

100-150k DPS DW Monk discussion thread

12/12/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Notjohnwayne
you can find one with 250 dex. I have a similar one to yours and think this is a min/max comment when other items would have a bigger impact. Unless you found it on the cheap i suppose


So I should get rid of 96 vitality for 53 more dex? Seems to be a bad trade off to me. I got it for 15mil, guess that's cheap.
Reply Quote
Time to join this thread. I need to find weapons with crit damage and sockets. I have one already but because it is fire damage it doesn't synergize well with my won khim. Replacing the won khim with crit damage and 20% lightning skills is going to be 50M+. So I am kinda in a bind.
Reply Quote
I feel i am at a stage where any upgrades will cost heaps. Nats ring with crit, shoulders with much higher dex are available but none with pickup radius. Weapon with native CD + dex + socket but very expensive. Anything obvious i have not mentioned would be greatly appreciated.

@BattleEvil Have you considered a high LOH ammy, i know it doesn't scale but LOH still works on everything, shielded included and can be a life saver.

@Chronic You can pick up a vile ward 250dex 100 vit 70 ar but it will cost you 100 mill. You will loose the extra arcane res though.
Edited by oldman54#6284 on 12/12/2012 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Chronic901
I know I need a better nats ring with some crit and then better weapons


12/12/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Chronic901
I too need nats ring with crit. I see that you already bought your witching hour. I think you should upgrade your vile ward and switch your chest armor to inna's chest which will boost your dps by a lot.


12/12/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Chronic901
What is wrong with my vile ward? As for switching my armor, not sure I want to loose 60 resist.


Your vile ward gives you good vit but the dex is below 200. That's low to me. But I understand, look at my bracer. I sacrificed dps on it for more vit and pickup.

Guess you sacrificed dps again on your armor but why do you think you will lose your resist if you switch? I have phys resist on my chest armor. There are those with AR which gives you even higher resist values.

If it's due to budget problems, then we're all on the same boat but we're all getting there one day. We all want godly gear. Which monk won't want high dex mempo with 6 cc, 9% IAS? But we gotta do it in stages unless you're loaded with lots of money to spend. We just hope there's someone to buy our stuff when we upgrade.
Edited by Omegaxmen#6249 on 12/13/2012 4:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ omegaxmen, how do you survive with your resists at such a low level? Are you taking "kiting" to a whole new level?
Reply Quote
What else do you think I should do guys?
Reply Quote
I am looking to swap my ice climbers for bloody foot prints, and my ring for nats ring, and my chest for black thorns with as high armor and dex as i can get. then ill be able to use the passive ability that gives me 20% of my crit chance added to my dodge bonus. So i can hopefully have as close to 80% dodge rating as i can get.
Reply Quote
any of you guys use shenlong? What are your thoughts on them?
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,457
View profile
You have to supplement some sustain like LpS and additional LOH if you want to use Shenlongs in higher MPS but definately doable. Wish our class had a LS belt but oh well.
Reply Quote
Here's a question - at some point, is it worth it to drop dual LS to get way more DPS?

I could get a high DPS EF with Dex / Socket for not all that much dough and it would give me about 20k sheet DPS with no CD, or if I got decent CD on there too it would be something like 35k increase. Not sure it's worth losing 2.4% LS though...
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,457
View profile
Sorak it's not about decreasing LS but increasing eHP so that 3% LS is sufficient for sustain. So yes if you have excellent eHP you can get away with about 3% LS but wouldn't hurt throw in about 700 LOH on an ammy.
Reply Quote
i am farming mp6 with my current setup. But I do hope for more dps down the road.
Reply Quote
btw captaincarl. i love the way u setup yoru monk. nice build.
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,457
View profile
Thanks Tim I feel I have two more additions to make and the. I can concentrate on reaching 100.

Also going back to the LS question above. The more Dps you have the more you leech so you have to find that balance. Many feel that 500 ar and 5000 armor is the place to be with about 45k life.
Reply Quote
btw Carl, how much are your shenlongs?
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,457
View profile
Traded it from a friend who quit and went back to WoW. If I had to place a price I would say over 800M for the set.
Reply Quote
LUCKY YOU.
Reply Quote
Thread revival! Any monks in this range feel free to pipe in for discussion!
Reply Quote
o.O

Must be a very old thread. Arn't d/w monks like 250k dps now?
Reply Quote
Im looking to do some upgrading as well, but not exactly sure where to focus. in the meantime, i am merely working on inferno A3 to try to boost my funds. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]