Diablo® III

100-150k DPS DW Monk discussion thread

I just got a new WKL to match my main hand out. (Profile not updated yet so here are the stats)

926.8 DPS
395-929
5% Light Dmg
25% Light Skill Dmg
156 Dex
169 Vit
Open Socket

I'm loving it, I missed WKL so much since I stopped using one. So I thought I might as well buy a new one. It looks cool and I think it works well with my helm. I plan on saving for a higher FoT% Helm.

I wish magicaly this WKL I have could have LS on it, but I'm just not that rich. ^^
Reply Quote
Hi guys ,

I have problem surviving on mp7 or more when there is 3 affix hit me at same time ,for example molten + arcane + poison or when it stacks on 1 and another , while my barb buddy seems doing fine , we have close stats except he uses shield and i DW , i was wandering is there other possibilty bside shield? As i really likes DW

Another thing is i plan to replace BS with WKL fir more dps will that be a good idea?
Reply Quote
View profile
If you find yourself struggling on higher mp levels with elites or ubers, a very reasonably priced solution is a Litany with average damage. You can get one with around 35 AD and 7% EDR for as low as 5m. You do lose out on 1.5% CC, but the built in AR and high dex roll is a pretty good tradeoff imo.
Reply Quote
@gotaplanstan

That's a good idea i will get 1 to test it out , this item seems fit in my theme nicely , thanks
Reply Quote
View profile
Np man! Yeah the damage reduction stats still seem extremely underrated.

I have 12% melee and 7% elite and can play mp10 pretty easily despite my dps not even meeting this thread's requirements yet lol.
Reply Quote
Thanks gotaplanstan! The 7% reduce elite dmg works really well in higher mp ^^
Reply Quote
so im trying to get up to 100k dps with Maximus.
I'm happy with:

700+resist
40k+hp
5000+armor

but i would like my dps to be 100k+ (technically it is if you include the demon that does ~35kdps from Maximus...but I would like it to show in numbes). So what gear should drop and replace?
Reply Quote
Hi all,

I would love to know what I should be upgrading on my Monk after gathering 40mil on loots recently. Been staying in pretty much the same DPS level for a few weeks. Right now I can do MP5 keys and ubers. As usual I would like to do kay runs in higher MP levels so I need to improve on my eHP along side with DPS. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Thanks gotaplanstan ,

Litany is awesome it worth every single penny , im much tankier then before
Reply Quote
Witching hour ... too expensive .... urgh.
Reply Quote
Witching hour last time cheap so as WKL ...

WKL is so exp now if want to have LS or CD on it
Reply Quote
View profile
@Baby & Jase
Glad to help :D The Litany really is (even to this day) a pretty well kept secret. Or at least melee and elite damage reduction is.
Reply Quote
^^ Litany is BiS pretty much.
Reply Quote
Anyone wanna buy my monk's gear? 175k dps unbuffed... haven't played in months. Have a slew of gear I'd release with it.

Add me in game with offers in request warpigg#1734
Reply Quote
Anyone can give some feedback on how ice climbers + 30% soj would compare against Nats boots and ring? Would a 150m budget be ok?
Reply Quote
View profile
If your planning on dueling Ice Climbers add more eHP and SOJ will provide more DPS against another player. Only thing is 150M budget you will not get much compared to the Nat's setup you have now. If you don't plan on dueling in my opinion Nat's is the way to go since SW is a majority of a monks DPS the more crit you have the more cyclones spit out. I myself went with the Nats.

Only its in your interest to have as close to 25% movement speed in either pve or pvp so if you do not use Tyreals Might or Lacuni's you will need MS on your climbers which in turn will reduce its DPS and eHP roll ie MS will take up a slot.
Reply Quote
Right now I am at a real crossroads trying to figure out what to get... really just focusing on paragon right now, thinking either a better lacuni or dex/vit on my offhand (while keeping about the same LS and crit)... any ideas?

I have no issues with staying alive in higher MP's with 5.7 LS (unless it's a really specific affix set like reflect and lightning +some other damage)
Reply Quote
View profile
Your Lacuni's are fine you don't have to get a better pair. You basically went Lacunis and Rare belt instead of Witching Hour and rare bracers for eHP and DPS. If you went both rares you loose out on DPS if you went both Legs you loose eHP and gain DPS.

Looking at your build I recommend to get more Life and the best place to look for that is in your Inna's Chest. Shoot for as high vit as you can within your budget. getting a 225+ Vit one will drastically change your surviveability I vouch for that.

In regards to your OH try the PTR out and pick up a new weapon with Dex/CD/OS with 1050+ DPS and see how you like it. With nerf to RD I think you will be able to survive with one LS weapon so max out an OH with DPS. Not sure if you like EF due to fear proc but its can be a place to start since you are not wasting gold on PTR. If not just look for a bargain on a rare with stats I mentioned above.

One wll thought out upgrade at a time and you will get there.
Reply Quote
been running mp10 with only 2.6 lifesteal on the PTR. The molten and reflect nerf I'd say help the monk more then any other class. Plague gets a little sketchy sometimes but i'm only at 540 all resist. Hopefully elemental dmg on weps gets buffed also which would make my offhand awesome.

I'm hoping i can craft a sick amulet come next patch to push me to 200k. I'm a fan of EF but i'd look for a low fear chance.
Edited by Shlink#1588 on 1/22/2013 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah im most likely going to craft gloves, bracers and ammys basically in that order. The RD changes have indeed helped the monks out. The hardest packs are the ones with all elites having RD and when cyclonese hit all of them they all reflect back. It doesn't help when they have another damage dealing suffix like Desecrator, Fire Chains, Lighting or Arcane.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]