Diablo® III

Do you not buy because ...

I don't think I wanna spend over a certain amount on an equitable item..

why would I spend say 50 mil on a single piece when I might just lose it? So far, I've snagged a few pieces for 2-5 mil worth more and I'll use them but, why put too much on the line ? Especially if the death can be the servers fault .. lag, dc etc?

I mean, I'm not saying I wanna play at such low risk thats not fun, 2-5 mil is enough of a risk for me.

( I'm not talking about plans or more low risk items used for lower level farming such as Leorics ring or something )

if anyone gets this logic...
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 11/11/2012 11:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just like in life, expense is a relative term. To some, 50mil is an insanely huge amount. To others, it's barely even chump change...
Reply Quote
Better gear = faster farming = more gold.

Better gear = ubers at higher MPs = more chances at infernal ring.
Reply Quote
Fyle I have a barb friend who died when his internet dropped on MP runs. He had just found a pair of immortal king's boots, just a gorgeous set of boots. They fit perfectly with his build but honestly, we probably should have sold the boots and used the money like you said, 2-5 million pieces that are really just a marginal downgrade from the elite stuff.

We don't play as seriously as the the epicly geared so a toon is more likely to go down. 30 million in my pocket is worth more than what? 60 AR and some CC reduction?
Reply Quote
I get your logic, but don't agree with it.

Would you turn down a job worth 40k more a year, just because there's a higher chance to get fired?

Would you turn down a chance to date Jessica Alba just because you think she's much more likely to dump you than a normal hometown girl?
Reply Quote
I get your logic, but don't agree with it.

Would you turn down a job worth 40k more a year, just because there's a higher chance to get fired?

Would you turn down a chance to date Jessica Alba just because you think she's much more likely to dump you than a normal hometown girl?

Is the hometown girl 95% as hot as Jessica Alba? Because that is the analogy here.

Look at it this way, you find a 30mil legendary and sell it. You then buy a 2mil item that is almost but not quite as good as the legendary. You then use the 28 mil to upgrade hugely at other gear slots.
Reply Quote
How low are we going with this?

Hometown girl vs internet !@#$, are women really worth the hassle?
Reply Quote
the higher you get the more you need to clear higher content. i want to farm ubers so i just threw down for some vile wards
Reply Quote
I think the OP makes sense, there is a law of diminished return, and each upgrade nets you incredibly little at the upper echelons. Is your 100k dps going to do anything against mp5+? short answer = nope.

Now you can still chase the increasingly marginal returns, however you need to ask yourself this. Would you do this with your own money? to invest all of your money at increasingly dangerous bonds just the increase the yield marginally? (where failure results in loss of all money because the gov't is bankrupt, ie death).
Reply Quote
agree with OP.
dont bank too much on 1 HC character.
some !@#$ will happen and then it feels like you are starting from scratch again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]