Diablo® III

Pig

Why doesn't anyone use the pig? I love the little sucker. Between him and the templar, I have no issues pretty much straight up DPSing with very little kiting.

My only issue is on reflect, his damage + mine seems to force me to spam gloom.

Why no bacon love?
Reply Quote
What MP are you using him on? I only briefly used him the first day of patch but found it entirely unsuitable to tank upwards of MP5
Reply Quote
He dies too quickly on higher MPLs.
Reply Quote
MP5. I do have to resummon him a bit, but I am able to time my disappearing act so templar gets aggro and then I summon him to pick up anything not on the templar.

I have not tried higher than 5 as my DPS is just way too low to do higher MPs with any kind of effectiveness.

Obviously I just starting playing this toon again, but I really like my setup. Oink!
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Kadderly

His life, resistances, and armor are derived from yours, so he is not suitable for a glass cannon build.
Reply Quote
Yeah he's not bad, but you should have seen him when the test realms were first up. The boar could tank a ton of damage.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Zork

His life, resistances, and armor are derived from yours, so he is not suitable for a glass cannon build.

My eHP is over 350k (same as yours), I'm not a glass cannon.
Reply Quote
I regularly use the boar when farming mp3-6. After mp6, I start using guardian turrets or mark of death. Boar proves pretty useful when Im doing ZK and Siegebreaker in mp5-6, it keeps siegebreaker busy and when it dies, I can just spawn another one by then. But I like the added resist the boar gives since I dont have a lot and the it keeps enemies still so I can place echoing traps under them and get the full effect out of each trap.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Kadderly

My eHP is over 350k (same as yours), I'm not a glass cannon.

Yeah sorry bout that, it was Omarcoming I meant to quote. The dude with 193k dps and no armor or resistances.
Reply Quote
Delicious pigs are for eating not for pets.
Reply Quote
the best part about the pig is you get bacon every time he dies !!

I use the pig when doing ubers because even if he doesnt live all that long, it's a long-duration 15% damage reduction. Also on ZK/seige he tanks seige like a champ for me=D
Reply Quote
problem with "pets" and ubers is the small arena. The biggest place is of course ZK/SIEGE arena.

Pets aren't bad in it of themselves, but can certainly hinder you against ubers in the fact it can become near impossible to RES a downed player as your pet is "pecking" at an enemy or the boss hits your pet which can break your res timer. Bats are really bad for this.

I use boar/pig when I run tank mode. Works great but others know if we are doing ubers and I'm tanking and using any pet that my odds of RESing them are next to nill. Exception can be SIEGE/ZK if the downed player is on the other side of the map from zk/siege.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]