Diablo® III

windforce DH's.. where you at???

11/13/2012 01:49 PMPosted by OpiumMuffin
Also rofl @ SS users.
@OpiumMuffin

You mad bro? lol No point arguing.
You like SS fine.
We dont use it. Deal with it.

It always starts with the people who flame something, who end up saying something like this.
Edited by OpiumMuffin#1839 on 11/13/2012 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Your cc resets after one second, therefore your hitting things harder for one second until it resets to 28.5 with what your geared with. And you have .3 more APS than me, so i doubt your getting many crits more crits than me.

But yes WF is a nice weapon, people overlook it all the time and the survivability it offers with the hatred regen, life steal, and high knock back keeping things off you.
Edited by WooKieE#1957 on 11/13/2012 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
I used a Manti for a long time but just got bored and decided to try a WF. I dropped 15k at the time but was having more fun, so I upgraded my WF and my DPS is solid now. Legacy nats also holds my dps back a bit, but I'm pretty happy where I'm at now. Upgrades are now at the point where I'd rather have cash than upgrades. I'll wait until prices drop again before I upgrade.
Reply Quote
I run a dual-socket manti as my main, but I do keep a socketed 1300ish dps 3.0LS WF in the bank to play with occassionally. It's easy to like it. The speed is fun! Just hard to giveup how hard the manti hits for upper MP hunting. WF great for just rip-sawing through lower MPs though. :)
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Thanos
So this WF thread has yet again become one of those SS debates? Sigh...

Nah did nothing wrong. Common practice for DH to indicate non ss when posting dps. Then that guy went bananas all of a sudden.

11/13/2012 02:15 PMPosted by OpiumMuffin
It always starts with the people who flame something, who end up saying something like this.

You serious? What did i started flaming at? indicating my dps/non ss? flaming? whew!
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 11/13/2012 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
However, to be brutally honest, I think I'd switch to a 1300+ dps calamity if I had an unlimited budget. Never tried it though so can't say for sure.

I just switched, bro, its awesome! What I did was buy a cheap(er) one, try it out with the knowledge that dps would be sub-par. Still I was performing really well, even though it was like 15k dmg less than my WF. Then I went all out and got a 1200+ dps, haven't looked back.
Reply Quote
WooKieE:
Also rofl @ SS users.

Also rofl @ SS users.

=) WF user here as well. 214k non shsh

lol. Yeah I just came here to talk about WF too.
Edited by OpiumMuffin#1839 on 11/13/2012 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
And sorry, I didn't mean to go "banana's". Just tired of seeing !@#$ like this all the time.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Akiz
I run a dual-socket manti as my main, but I do keep a socketed 1300ish dps 3.0LS WF in the bank to play with occassionally. It's easy to like it. The speed is fun! Just hard to giveup how hard the manti hits for upper MP hunting. WF great for just rip-sawing through lower MPs though. :)

Very true, I spend most of my time cruising through MP2-3 so I like the WF, but when I'm key farming in MP6 or doing Ubers in MP6-8 with a group I think I'd be better off with a nice dual socket Manti, but unfortunately I just don't want to blow a couple hundred million on a Manti that would beat my WF since I've got a nice WF....
Reply Quote
That 1307 DPS WF !@#$% is using looks exactly like my old one... hmmmm... wonder if you bought mine. :)
Reply Quote
im here paper dps 30k higher not using soj tho
Reply Quote
OpiumMuffin
has a point.
Reply Quote
I mainly use with my Manticore in group play, melee players don't like chasing monsters that are knocked back. But I have a Windforce I enjoy using in solo play. I'm hoping to score one with a socket when I get a little more gold built up. Right now I'm at 140K unbuffed with the manticore but I lose 40K using the windforce. But I find it's just as effective in MP5-7 even with the loss of dps.
Reply Quote
hi i'm drittz and i'm windforce user.

"hi drittz"

using the windforce saved my dh. i used to cry and feel shame for all the nerfs and games bliz was playin with the dh class. now i just juggle demons around with joy and remember the old days of d2 with just the name of the weapon i use.

I can't wait to break 200k dps (even buffed :P) with a wf setup..

saving for that 13xx open socket windy and need some upgrades along the way, but i prefer to farm for those. I'm in a happy zone with the gear i got and don't care much for max level mp kite fests or sluggin noobs with my epeen..

@winwinwin jelly of your SOJ, that's what mine hopes to be when he grows up! if you grow tired of it one day, look me up for a sale.
Reply Quote
Here here! 130k dps no ss and sa. Face tanking mobs. Fun set up. My gears are not as good as you lot but quick runs in MP1 is pretty doable.
Reply Quote
I love my WF. I used Calamity for a while but my WF dropped in A1 while I was key running. The knockback is awesome for my trap build - just keeps tossing them back on my traps, it's perfect.
Reply Quote
I found my Windforce in Act 3 the day 1.05 went live and it replaced the 1190 dps WF I bought. Really enjoy the knockback and little bit of Life Steal. Does not matter to me that you get more DPS from a 2 socket Manticore (my Scoundrel uses one) as I just like the WF and always have since my D2 days.
Reply Quote
WF user here.

Like Drittz this bow saved my DH. For me it brings back the good old days of Diablo 1.

I was about to quit my DH. I hated being a glass cannon and kiting mobs all over the map. I never liked the gimmicky short-range DH tank builds. But in the first few days of 1.0.5 I got a WF drop. Bad roll but it got me thinking, so I swapped out my Manti for a new WF and rebuilt my character accordingly.

Finally my DH plays like I always wanted it to play. It takes ground and holds it. With Gloom sometimes I don't even kite yellows. I have had more fun in the last few weeks than at any other time since the game came out in May. Thank you WF.

That said, I am still working on getting over 100k DPS. No sharpshooter (or steady aim) of course. I know I need more dex, more crit chance/damage, and better gems. I am still swapping out my old MF items and farming keys for HF rolls. Would anyone offer some suggestions as to what I should prioritize?
Edited by Fibber#1153 on 11/27/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
WF DH Here, locked and loaded. Generally more DPS than most Manticore users. I was up to 290k dps, but decided for a little survivability so here I am. Now if I could just get armory to update....uggh
Reply Quote
Only the pros use ss. Get real people
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]