Diablo® III

Standard Edition??

My girlfriend had recently (a few weeks ago) created a Diablo 3 starter edition account. Today we purchased the retail copy IN-STORE with CASH and upgraded her account online when we got home. The account still hasn't recognised the upgrade and is stuck as a starter edition while in-game. Features are locked such as posting on Forums, joining parties in-game, using the Auction House, etc.

She has tried to do a password change to "reset" the account (twice!), however the new passwords won't work in the game-client (even after confirmation e-mails stating that the change was made), however the old password is still usable.

I have heard of the 72-hour feature lock through digital purchase, however, should this be happening with a retail copy of the game?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
She needs to contact our Billing Department so they can take a look. This isn't something you can do for her.

This article will lead her through the process of either submitting a support ticket or calling in.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warlock
Hi, i've just resume my subscription for my annual pass but my Diablo 3 is still in starter edition. I've tried chaning password but its not working. Please advise :) Thank you
Reply Quote
My girlfriend had recently (a few weeks ago) created a Diablo 3 starter edition account. Today we purchased the retail copy IN-STORE with CASH and upgraded her account online when we got home. The account still hasn't recognised the upgrade and is stuck as a starter edition while in-game. Features are locked such as posting on Forums, joining parties in-game, using the Auction House, etc.

She has tried to do a password change to "reset" the account (twice!), however the new passwords won't work in the game-client (even after confirmation e-mails stating that the change was made), however the old password is still usable.

I have heard of the 72-hour feature lock through digital purchase, however, should this be happening with a retail copy of the game?

This is also my issue as I have posted here:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005438235

First, Battle.net Account Management states that I now have a Standard Edition, but in game, it's still in Starter Edition. After changing my password, I can login to Battle.net, Asia and Europe servers but cannot login to The Americas, where my characters are (created using the Starter Edition). It has an error code of 3 which has something to do with the username or password. Simply put, the game won't accept my password in The Americas but lets me login in game on Asia and Europe. Please advise, I'm bothered by this. And the ticket creation is somehow hard to use, the dropdowns don't have any of my issues. Thanks in advance.

EDIT : I tried changing my password again hoping that it would be fixed but it has exhibited another weird behavior, on The Americas server, it cannot login with the Error 3. On Europe server, it works, but by using my old password! If I use the new one that I have changed to, it would give me an Error 3 again. Please look into this as this problem seems serious, if it lets me use my old password to login. . .
Edited by iamjoanel#6438 on 11/15/2012 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
I recently ( a few week ago) created a Diablo 3 starter edition account and after that purchased the standard edition copy IN-STORE with CASH and upgraded my account online. The account still hasn't recognised the upgrade and is stuck as a starter edition while in-game. Features are locked such as posting on Forums, joining parties in-game, using the Auction House, etc.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Whimpie ,

You'll need to contact our Billing Department to get the account re-instated if it was removed due to a World of Warcraft Annual Pass expiring.

Billing representatives are on hand to take your call between 10am to 6pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
CASEY ,

Try connecting to your Battle.net Account Management page and changing the account's password. That will refresh the account data which should clear this up for you.
Reply Quote
help! what should I do? in my battlenet account it's standard edition, but when I start playing. It's still starter edition. I try to change the password many times already, but still the same starter edition.

Please help! I really want to play the diablo 3.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Lucas,

I've reset the account. It ought to be working correctly now so please try again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]