Diablo® III

A true effective DPS test(barb vs WD)

View profile
Result is out post#2

So there have been some topics about how our mana system harms our DPS output in battle. So instead of sitting around theory crafting and throwing empty speculations, I decide to make a true effective DPS test against single target. (And I am willing to do more comprehensive test on other conditions and any ideas/suggestions are welcome). The testing/videos can be found in our steam channel when completed

www.twitch.tv/hiddenfootprints

So here are the control groups and test conditions.:

1. ghom in MP 2(I will pick a MP that the gas won't seriously kill my chars)

reason: ghom does not pick you up or has reflect like seige so it makes test result less vulnerable to RNG.

2. RLTW barb vs Bear Doc
Fully buffed DPS: 90K<-should be tangible for both classes, and my barb doesn't have very good gears so this is as high as she can go, I need to gimp my WD significantly to reduce DPS from 140K to 90k but that shouldn't be too hard

builds:
(barb)<-94.7K DPS after battle rage+serker and serker is on full time during the fights
Run like the wind
Battle rage/into the fray
war cry/impunity
Beserker/thrive on chaos
Bash/WW
Unforgiving/ruthless/weapons master

(WD)<-96K paper DPS
WoS
SW/Jaunt
Garg/bruiser
Zombie dogs

Zombie bears/widow maker
Vision Quest/Spiritual vessel/Blood ritual.
Edited by DanSkyWalker#1988 on 11/14/2012 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
reserved for results and edits

WD(96KDPS) : MP2 Ghom 9 mil health

1.26 sec
2.19 sec
3.21 sec
4.19 sec
5.21 sec

Average result: 424.5K effective DPS

Barb(94.7KDPS): MP1 Ghom 6mil health
1:34sec
2:29sec
3:30sec
4:32sec
5:25sec

Average result: 200k effective DPS
Edited by DanSkyWalker#1988 on 11/14/2012 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
why dont you do azmodan mp10 and try and beat the barb lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW04rCQK0Pw&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
View profile
why dont you do azmodan mp10 and try and beat the barb lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW04rCQK0Pw&feature=plcp

Interesting, it is another FoTM build of barb. I can try that with my tests too.

HoTa barb vs Bear Doc

I am not trying to beat/debunk anything or any claims.

I am trying to provide some legit testing that :

with the same paper sheet DPS which class out DPS the other, from ordinary players perspective.

90K DPS in current patch is fairly common and achievable. I am sure the test will play out a lot differently with higher end gears, etc.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't see how you can ever really get an accurate DPS gauge with this game.

The best you can hope to do is test how fast you can kill a specific enemy as opposed to another class.

There are so many variables to a DPS test in this game and you simply can't test long enough for an accurate result.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't see how you can ever really get an accurate DPS gauge with this game.

The best you can hope to do is test how fast you can kill a specific enemy as opposed to another class.

There are so many variables to a DPS test in this game and you simply can't test long enough for an accurate result.

You are absolutely right :) no way this will ever be a true scientific test, or it can encompass all the possible variables to make it accurate. I will still try to be as rigorous as I can though.

Let's just say after almost 50K elite kills, I need sth to do rather than running A3 over and over. So I am open to all the suggestions/ideas you guys throw at me if it is permitted by my player skill+gears.

Also if this somehow serves as a reference to those new WDs that just joined the class/excited about the class/disappointed by the class, then it would be great.
Reply Quote
we need a dps meter during bosses saying how much damage we've done. so I can stop ressing slackers hahaha
Edited by Robertzombie#1277 on 11/14/2012 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
why not try comparing each class in 10kdps intervals like 50k,60.70k etc? might be a little more extensive research, but if you're really bored.... :p
Reply Quote
View profile
Whatever you do Dan dont break the first rule of the witchdocotor that states...

That any evidence suggesting wd superiority compared to another class stays within the wd forum and does not get to the general forum where it might interfere with the ongoing "Buff wd nerf barb" special ops.

You have been warned
Reply Quote
Whatever you do Dan dont break the first rule of the witchdocotor that states...

That any evidence suggesting wd superiority compared to another class stays within the wd forum and does not get to the general forum where it might interfere with the ongoing "Buff wd nerf barb" special ops.

You have been warned

Regardless of your findings, just state that we're gimped and barbs are still OP! lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Game on. MP2 Ghom has 9mil health.

Streaming now. Going to do 5 kills
Reply Quote
View profile
Did 5 kills, now switch to barb
Reply Quote
View profile
Finished.. apparently my barb can't reliably handle MP2 ghom so I switched down to MP1, and MP1 Ghom has 6mil health
Reply Quote
View profile
Results are out, in post #2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]