Diablo® III

Hit a wall. Looking for some advice on DPS

I spent 20m this week on a new belt and weapon and my DPS only increased a tad. I see people on here with double the DPS of me. Just wondering if any vets want to give me some advice. Thanks
Reply Quote
Pretty simple, really. Crit Chance.

I'd start by getting a new amulet, helmet, and belt.
Edited by Fermcangetit#1251 on 11/15/2012 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
The black weapon is nice, but it lacks INT and CD.

I would get a cheap witching hour and if you have gold grab a CC zunni vision. But solid gear overall.
Reply Quote
View profile
get more than 20 m to spend on gear. Once you hit a certain spot in your build, the way you get better is make sure no affix on gear is wasted. That means affix rolls like your gold find on your blackthorne's pants is a wasted affix. That could be something like an additional 100 int, etc. Go from there.

And you need more cc. rings... helm...ammy, etc.

For starters:

Witching Hour belt will grant you more dps (relatively cheap)
Zuni helm with cc (60+ mil)
Weapon that has base crit + socket or higher dps. (Something like a 1200+ dps echoing fury with LS, int, socket or 900+ dps manajuma knife with int, crit, ls, and socket) Both will be over 100 mil.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 11/15/2012 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice. :) So first a witching hour, then a cc helm, then a cc ammy then a weapon with CD and a socket and int? Or did I get the order wrong?
Reply Quote
View profile
It's whatever order you can afford. I would just recommend to continue to farm until you get a lot more gold... then with that you can buy a big ticket end game type item. Makes it so you don't have to continually drop more and more money for small upgrades.

Go to d3up.com and you can put in some stat simulations and see what will increase your dps / eHP the most and compare what gives you the most bang for you buck.

That's what I tend to do.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2012 09:23 AMPosted by AaronY
Thanks for the advice. :) So first a witching hour, then a cc helm, then a cc ammy then a weapon with CD and a socket and int? Or did I get the order wrong?

This sounds about right, going to be pricey though! Once you are around 100k DPS upgrades won't come at a discount.
Edited by xXMundzukXx#1704 on 11/15/2012 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here is a little perspective on upgrades post 100k dps. My current stats are:

~75k life
~189k dps (unbuffed)
~2900 LoH
45% crit chance
566% crit damage

I think I am geared fairly well. Good upgrades for me are in the multiples of 100m range. I will only be able to get an upgrade about 1 time a month (unless I find an UBER item). I think the weakest item I currently have is my ammy. A big upgrade for me would be a high-end tal rasha ammy that costs 500m-1b.
Reply Quote
View profile
^^ wow nice Hellfire roll & awesome witching hour.
Reply Quote
@Aang

....that is one CRACK !@# witching hour, jesus...
Reply Quote
The gear on some of you guys is nuts. How many Hellfire rings did you have to make, Aang, before you got that beast?

Also it's easy to say get a weapon with LS, socket, high DPS, Int, and CD, but short of getting insanely lucky on drops or spending a ton of RL cash I'm not sure how you do that...
Reply Quote
View profile
It only takes 1-2 good drops... I found a trifecta rare ring i sold for 106 mil. Found a few other things like inna's chest that sold for 30 mil here and some other stuff for 5 mil here, 10 mil there... it adds up pretty quick.

No RL cash was ever spent on my stuff. I have, however, made about $800 off some items. Got me my new monitor, vid card, and some Christmas presents for the kids.
Reply Quote
Didn't read the others posts but the biggest difference you're going to find to up your damage is Crit chance, crit dmg bonus, and attack speed. Most WD's (including me) would recommend the first 2 stats, especially if you're running acid rain, bears, or other high mana cost attack skills. Attack speed still gives significant sheet DPS increases but goes through your mana pool that much more quickly by faster casts and unless you're running primaries, that's bad.
Reply Quote
@Huz

I was *extremely* lucky. My Hellfire ring was the first one I rolled!

@Recount

I was *extremely* lucky. I actually got my Witching Hour as a DROP while farming keys!
Reply Quote
It only takes 1-2 good drops... I found a trifecta rare ring i sold for 106 mil. Found a few other things like inna's chest that sold for 30 mil here and some other stuff for 5 mil here, 10 mil there... it adds up pretty quick.

No RL cash was ever spent on my stuff. I have, however, made about $800 off some items. Got me my new monitor, vid card, and some Christmas presents for the kids.

That's like saying you only need to win the lottery once. Most of us can't relate.
Reply Quote
@Huz

@Recount

I was *extremely* lucky. I actually got my Witching Hour as a DROP while farming keys!

You have got to be kidding me...
Reply Quote
@Huz

@Recount

You have got to be kidding me...

lol, some ppl can win it twice.
Reply Quote
@Huz

@Recount

Wow that is insane luck. I have made 10 helfires and I have yet to have one with CC yet alone CC and CD. What MP where you at to get that amazing roll on the witching hour. I hope one will drop soon for me at least I hope. I am just playing at a higher MP so I can get better rolls.
Reply Quote
Mp has very little to negligible effecto n rolls the trick is mf look up magic find a statistcal insight on diablo fans for an amazing guide into how it works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]