Diablo® III

Ever found a Legendary turning a dead corpse?

Found a set item ring of a tree stump
Reply Quote
I sometimes start at Highland Crossing for farm runs and one time I got a set item right out of the waypoint by flipping the corpse that right by it. I thought ok done for the night, ESC...

edit: it was the IK irons my barbarian is wearing. Not godly but better than what I had
Edited by wonko33#1278 on 10/31/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Out of the small handful of legendary items I have found (all of them sub-level 50 and prior to 1.0.4) were out of barrels, corpses, or regular chests, so I keep checking those things regularly. None of them dropped from regular monster kills, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. >=)
Reply Quote
I''ve found several legendaries from weapon racks.
Reply Quote
my best drop was from a demonic vessel; arreat crater lvl1. Everyone was about to move out of the lvl and i moved to a missed area that hadnt been explored... let my team know about the elite pack i found... was ignored... i cleared the missed area... opened that chest...and dropped zunimassa's pox...i was just about to leave the lvl then went back to it and made 100mil from a simple demonic vessel....first run of 1.05...now i always make a point to check all such things...and about half my legendary drops come from the environment and the other half from monsters...my last legendary drop was a lame !@# plan for the staff of herding from izual... of all places to get a leg drop...now, its been a week... not a single legend drop...
Reply Quote
10/31/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Grimiku
Out of the small handful of legendary items I have found (all of them sub-level 50 and prior to 1.0.4) were out of barrels, corpses, or regular chests, so I keep checking those things regularly. None of them dropped from regular monster kills, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. >=)
Not to be insulting, but is this confirmation that internal Blizzard employees do not play Inferno?

My concern stems from the fact that I've read many "blue" posts here stating they are progressing (not doing MPX games), haven't found high-end items (like your post), and generally have very odd comments about balance at the top end of progression with such gems like: we feel Monk power is fine, Trail of Cinders was a bug, and failing to fix Wizard invulnerability with Archon for at least 2 months after reporting.

Other examples like high-end Witch Doctor pet scaling lacking and what seems to be a preference for Barbarian abilities (especially Rend vs Exploding Palm and Whirlwind resource cost based on weapon speed vs Tempest Rush resource cost being flat).

Do you have any thoughts on that? I realize D3 is a work in progress, but having "blues" state things like the above is similar to a politician stating he's a man of the people while not knowing the price of a gallon of milk.
Reply Quote
Found a Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit with 267 VIT of a white chest <3
Reply Quote
Three days before RMAH went live I found possibly the worst legendary ring ever(at this point they were all legacy, as the norm), posted it for giggles on RMAH for $50 and kaboom 4 hours later someone bought it! Couldn't believe my eyes.

I found the ring in a regular chest in Act 1 Inferno when I was just messing around testing builds.
Reply Quote
Yep, I got a Manajumas carving knife from the big dead beast that sits right next to the waypoint on Rakkis crossing. I was stunned, especially since it was a good one that I sold for 30mil. Now I overturn everything that's in my path (within reason, I don't go out of the way to bust everything open).
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Every Legendary I've found(nothing great) has been from normal small chests, is weird that I haven't seen one from a monster.
Reply Quote
Posted by Grimiku

Not to be insulting, but is this confirmation that internal Blizzard employees do not play Inferno?

was thinking the same thing
sometimes i feel that the people playing this game knows more about it than its employees.
Edited by Mantis#1989 on 11/1/2012 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My play through on inferno MP1 net me two greens last night. The first came from a regular beastie. The second came from a elite. For the most part my legendary items have come from non elites.
Reply Quote

Same, it was why I was so butt hurt over you guys REMOVING LOOT DROPS FROM OBJECTS! v1.05 was an improvement but if I read it correctly there is still no chance of getting legendary/good items from destructible objects, only gray/white items with a rare chance for a magical grade item? Also there is STILL no loot dropping from corpses in at least Act 1.
Edited by SirSteel#1419 on 11/1/2012 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
just yesterday I started Hell on MP10 (new char still leveling to 60) and found a Legendary belt after hitting the stump that is to the left of the cathedral entrance (act 1). and it was an upgrade too! :D

it was my 6th legendary total, but only my second from a non-monster drop.

2 drops prior to 1.03
1 drop in 1.04 (i didn't play much during 1.03/1.04)
3 drops since 1.05
Edited by AngryRob#1578 on 11/1/2012 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've found five legendaries so far. The Three Hundreth spear dropped from a white mob in Act 1. Two Bul-Khatos rings (1.0.3 and 1.0.4) dropped from destructibles in Act 2 caves. The Crystal Fist dropped from a destructible in the Bridge Stores. The Nailbiter dropped from a champion at 3 NV stacks. My brother had a Mara and a Windforce drop from white mobs in Act 3 at 1 NV (warming up for a Siegebreaker run) and a Witching Hour from a destructible during the Sin Heart quest. So far zero legendary drops from champions, elites or bosses at 5 NV stacks. Oh, and check out my gear - I have 0% MF. Go figure :)
Reply Quote
Right after 1.04 I found a Hellrack in a random pile of bones in act 3, I was so excited, until I ID'd it and it was total crap.
Reply Quote
Found legendaries once from corpse, once from barrel, many times from chests but mostly drops when monsters die.
Reply Quote

Can you guys start responding to threads that matter?
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Carzeri

Can you guys start responding to threads that matter?

They're called patches.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]