Diablo® III

Ever found a Legendary turning a dead corpse?

I found one from the dying NPC in 'the battle field' (north of the way-point - 'bridge of something or other') in ActIII (sorry my memory is shot). He's the one with the exclamation point ( ! ) over his head. He says something along the lines, "Here, take this. I cannot go on any longer"

The legendary was garbage; some 2h mace with +movement speed, but I found this scenario to be rather epic! A lone knight charges into the fray of a terrible battle between good and evil. He is struck down and in his dying breathe, relinquishes his family's heirloom to a passing hero...

... only to be scrapped for parts!

classic
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 05:13 AMPosted by MountainMan

Can you guys start responding to threads that matter?

They're called patches.

Its called communicating with the playerbase. Its what community managers/blues do. Should do, that is. Chitchat is not their job, informing us about how they want to handle recent events or what they plan on doing in the nearing future is.
I mean cmon.
There are dupers going rampant right now and the game generally has so many issues that its just silly to respond to offtopic threads like these, yet ignore the important ones.
Reply Quote
View profile

They're called patches.

Its called communicating with the playerbase. Its what community managers/blues do. Should do, that is. Chitchat is not their job, informing us about how they want to handle recent events or what they plan on doing in the nearing future is.
I mean cmon.
There are dupers going rampant right now and the game generally has so many issues that its just silly to respond to offtopic threads like these, yet ignore the important ones.

How come every time a blue responds, just touching base with the community over a "fun" subject, there's always a pack of ravenous jackals waiting to rip into them over some nonsense?

Anywho....on subject;

My very first inferno Legendary came from turning a corpse in FoM. It was a woeful 1.03 Lidless Wall shield. Just yesterday my Sweeping Wind touched an egg sack in an Act 2 cave and out popped a very nicely rolled Stormshield. I leave no stone unturned.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/1/2012 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

They're called patches.

I mean cmon.

Whenever they have something worthwhile to share, Blizzard has never failed to post a lengthy and detailed blog post -- often several -- so I really don't know what else you expect.
Reply Quote
I've found legendaries in chests and my current main hand is from a dead body... sshh.
Reply Quote

I mean cmon.

Whenever they have something worthwhile to share, Blizzard has never failed to post a lengthy and detailed blog post -- often several -- so I really don't know what else you expect.

Like RIGHT NOW people are duping gems. The very minute that has gotten public they shouldve mate a statement, aknowledging that its happening, so that we know they are working on it. Right now we dont even know if the problem is being dealt with.

Also there are so many good and constructive feedback threads in the gen.discussion, but they all remain unanswered. They could at least check them out and forward them, but instead they "waste" their super rare posts on off-topic threads.

I wouldnt mind them having some casual conversation in threads like this one if they would actually post regularly in important discussions. But when they only post once a week and that post ends up being a non-constructive post then I feel slapped to the face.

Why are the community managers not managing the community? I dont get it.
Reply Quote
View profile

Like RIGHT NOW people are duping gems. The very minute that has gotten public they shouldve mate a statement, aknowledging that its happening, so that we know they are working on it. Right now we dont even know if the problem is being dealt with.

Also there are so many good and constructive feedback threads in the gen.discussion, but they all remain unanswered. They could at least check them out and forward them, but instead they "waste" their super rare posts on off-topic threads.

I wouldnt mind them having some casual conversation in threads like this one if they would actually post regularly in important discussions. But when they only post once a week and that post ends up being a non-constructive post then I feel slapped to the face.

Why are the community managers not managing the community? I dont get it.

You think they aren't aware of this? Perhaps in your entitled mindset you believe that you are entitled to full disclosure to details regarding such a sensitive subject? They have posted numerous times regarding the gem situation, including a sticky.

The reason they don't continually engage "us" in conversation about it is because people like you only want to pick at them, insult the game/company and stir things up.

Frankly I give them endless credit for ever typing anything in an open thread in response to a player post, given the way some of you 'excitable' posters are.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/1/2012 5:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Got a legendary source from the corpse on the bridge is act 3, in patch 1.04, and I found that terrible legendary monk helm from an armor rack today :D
Reply Quote
I was just recently playing a Monk with Sweeping Wind (but I repeat myself). I went through the door to Cave of the Betrayer level 2. Before I even had time to move, Sweeping Wind immediately destroyed a rock pile next to the entrance that dropped a legendary. Easiest legendary acquisition ever.

Quaestor the Wanderer
Reply Quote
Well my firewalkers just more than paid for themselves last night (just as I was thinking about replacing them): As I walked past one of those crane things in the keep depths I heard the noise, IK Chest Armor with a great roll
Edited by Giggsy#1813 on 11/1/2012 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I found my pants (Innas Temeprance) in a dirty barrel in keep depths.
Reply Quote
View profile
They havent posted a single time regarding the jewel situation, nor is there a sticky.

Its their JOB to communicate with us. Professionally. Having trashtalkers in here is not a valid excuse for not doing their job, they can easily just ignore them.

I just recently opened up a constructive thread with many good posts in it regarding the future of legendary items. Why does this pointless thread right here get a bluepost and the constructive threads dont? Theres no excuse for that.
Especially because they promised us to work on their communication...

I'm just going to respond one more time as I don't want to continue to derail a great topic, or as you call it "pointless topic".

Community managers have strict guidelines passed down to them from corporate entities, especially in regard to in-game exploitation. The mistake Bashiok made was to do exactly what you're suggesting, responding often to very charged and sensitive topics. What would happen is a mob would form and proverbially drag him out into the town square and hang him from a light post.

And yes, they have responded to the issue, albeit in an innocuous manner. Enough so to communicate to any reasonable person that the matter is being given full attention.

I was just recently playing a Monk with Sweeping Wind (but I repeat myself). I went through the door to Cave of the Betrayer level 2. Before I even had time to move, Sweeping Wind immediately destroyed a rock pile next to the entrance that dropped a legendary. Easiest legendary acquisition ever.

Quaestor the Wanderer

lol...that's exactly what I posted above. My SW was engaged and I strolled by a pack of egg sacks in act 2....out came a iLvL 63 Leg (Stormshield)
Reply Quote
lol'd at "dead corpse"
Reply Quote
found in my very first playthrough the deadeye crossbow, it was indeed in a corps next to the portal in leorics manor.
Reply Quote
A blue isn't going to address that issue by himself/herself. He is going to take it to the team where they will all discuss the best way to deal with it and the best way to address the community. Maybe not efficient, but what you gunna do?

The ones that do address issues by themselves usually end up saying something that get's twisted by the community into a !@#$ty meme.

On topic: I believe my first ever Legendary was from a stump in Act 1 normal, but I don't remember any since then.
Edited by Hythloth#1307 on 11/1/2012 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My first iLvl 63 set item was from a dead guardsman in the keep.
Reply Quote

Same, it was why I was so butt hurt over you guys REMOVING LOOT DROPS FROM OBJECTS! v1.05 was an improvement but if I read it correctly there is still no chance of getting legendary/good items from destructible objects, only gray/white items with a rare chance for a magical grade item? Also there is STILL no loot dropping from corpses in at least Act 1.

I got an Andariel's Visage from a broken barrel in the Bridge Stores area just last night. So it is possible to get legendaries from destructible objects. Only had 285% MF at the time it dropped.
Reply Quote
View profile

Same, it was why I was so butt hurt over you guys REMOVING LOOT DROPS FROM OBJECTS! v1.05 was an improvement but if I read it correctly there is still no chance of getting legendary/good items from destructible objects, only gray/white items with a rare chance for a magical grade item? Also there is STILL no loot dropping from corpses in at least Act 1.

I got an Andariel's Visage from a broken barrel in the Bridge Stores area just last night. So it is possible to get legendaries from destructible objects. Only had 285% MF at the time it dropped.

Yeah....he had it wrong. They never removed loot drops from destructables. They removed MF influence from said drops.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]