Diablo® III

Ever found a Legendary turning a dead corpse?

Got Immo Kings Stride from a dead body a few days after 1.0.5 yep, lol.
Reply Quote
its happened to me many times...I also got semi-godly inna's pants from moving a floor tile.
Reply Quote
I find ATLEAST 1 legendary per run since 1.05. This is with only Paragon MF+5Stack. I do full act runs, and switch up the act each run. So far since 1.05 I've found well over 30 legends, and 4 sets, and as you can see from my profile, am not the type of guy that spends 10+hrs/day playing lol. I find an equal amount of sets/legends from normal monsters as I do from elites, and RARELY find anything from barrel/body drops (maybe 2 out of 30). Most of the legends are practically worthless, and just sit in my stash as part of my collection, but I've found an endgame Dex Witching hour that sold for 240m, a lowend IK Chest that still sold for 48m, and numerous other legends that ranged in value from 1-10m. In regards to RNG though, out of all those legends I've found, I've maybe found 4 rare items worth anything, and all were under 10m. Since then I only pick up ilvl63 weps, and ilvl61+ armors (none of which are class specific armors)
Reply Quote
I have gotten one off a rack, one from a chest, and one from a pile of bones. Only had gotten one from a goblin until the other day, when i got two off the same goblin!

My favorite tho was when i was running thru stonefort (1.0.4 about 2 days before they doubled leg drops) and there was a legendary mojo just sitting there! I assumed it was from a monster the soldiers had killed.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 04:09 AMPosted by Decapitator
Out of the small handful of legendary items I have found (all of them sub-level 50 and prior to 1.0.4) were out of barrels, corpses, or regular chests, so I keep checking those things regularly. None of them dropped from regular monster kills, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. >=)

Same, it was why I was so butt hurt over you guys REMOVING LOOT DROPS FROM OBJECTS! v1.05 was an improvement but if I read it correctly there is still no chance of getting legendary/good items from destructible objects, only gray/white items with a rare chance for a magical grade item? Also there is STILL no loot dropping from corpses in at least Act 1.

You can get good items from destructible objects like barrels and crates, the odds are just extremely low. Just yesterday I got a Thing of The Deep on MP1 from a group of crates and barrels I destroyed. I was really surprised knowing the odds of getting a drop in general from them is slim to none, but I'll take it anyway.
Reply Quote
Just remember, everything you touch/kill is like a dice roll. Just roll as many as you can as fast as possible witn as much mf as possible and drops will come,. Personally i dont find breakables/regular chest and dead bodies to be time efficient. They have to be right next to me to bother to click them.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
11/01/2012 01:55 AMPosted by CyberGoat
Not to be insulting, but is this confirmation that internal Blizzard employees do not play Inferno?

blues are community managers, not testers or developers (although SOME of the blues are devs). their job is to talk to us and the devs, not play the game 12 hours a day.
Reply Quote
I got my first legendary in normal from a armor rack in Act 3 Keep Depths. That was back in patch 1.0.0 though when chests, racks, bodies had a chance to drop legendaries. If I am correct, I think Blizzard changed it so that these things can't drop legendaries anymore, or it's unbelievably rare.
Reply Quote
Found a legendary in an A1 Festering Woods chest. Another from dead body in A3. Both sucked though.
Reply Quote
My friend got a pretty nice Nats chest piece from a regular white chest the other day

thats cause hes french canadian and is over-powdered with luck -_-

dude always got his drops in wow.. always won the rolls.. lol
Edited by Skeeks#1791 on 11/1/2012 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I found the The Witching Hour that my monk is wearing, all res, extra int, and vitality from a corpse in act 1. I think it was one of the fields where I found it.
Reply Quote
Most of the good legendary items I have found came from either white mobs or random weapon/armor/torture devices. The 3 valuable uniques I've found (IK Helm, Mempo, and Witching Hour...which I'm wearing) have come from those two sources. I check them as much as possible.
Reply Quote
1st was wep rack near butcher (that was when game first came out.)

Have gotten a few in act II stones in the middle of that huge desert by kulle.
Reply Quote
Correction - I got my IK helm from Ghom, now that I think about it. But my Witching Hour, and the Mempo I sold for 84m both came out of "trash" sources.
Reply Quote
skorn off dead corpse, deadman quivers off weapon rack
Reply Quote
I have found, Thorn.....Ik Armor, Tals Helm....and numerous other Unique items ...ALL from popping corpses
LOVE THIS GAME :)
Reply Quote
I've got a couple out of chests in 1.03, not since then have I found one that way. If they popped out of something that my cyclone lightning destroyed while fighting a pack that is possible.
Reply Quote
Of the few I have found most have been from chests, dead bodies, etc. Only one I found (yesterday) from a normal mob. I have yet to find anything worth keeping from an Elite pack or Boss.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 01:55 AMPosted by CyberGoat
Out of the small handful of legendary items I have found (all of them sub-level 50 and prior to 1.0.4) were out of barrels, corpses, or regular chests, so I keep checking those things regularly. None of them dropped from regular monster kills, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. >=)
Not to be insulting, but is this confirmation that internal Blizzard employees do not play Inferno?

My concern stems from the fact that I've read many "blue" posts here stating they are progressing (not doing MPX games), haven't found high-end items (like your post), and generally have very odd comments about balance at the top end of progression with such gems like: we feel Monk power is fine, Trail of Cinders was a bug, and failing to fix Wizard invulnerability with Archon for at least 2 months after reporting.

Other examples like high-end Witch Doctor pet scaling lacking and what seems to be a preference for Barbarian abilities (especially Rend vs Exploding Palm and Whirlwind resource cost based on weapon speed vs Tempest Rush resource cost being flat).

Do you have any thoughts on that? I realize D3 is a work in progress, but having "blues" state things like the above is similar to a politician stating he's a man of the people while not knowing the price of a gallon of milk.

maybe he doesnt play much.

ive been playing hardcore and softcore and i find inferno is easy now, legendaries drop frequently, i dont see any problem. the good stay good and the bad complain
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]