Diablo® III

Ever found a Legendary turning a dead corpse?

You're talking to one of the Community Managers dude, he doesn't have time to spend 40 hours a week on this game because he's on the forums managing a community =P

I'd bet money some of the QA people run around in MP10 using gear anyone else would die with.

Stop talking out of your bum.
I voiced a concern (read: opinion). I'm not "talking out my bum" when I'm asking for better communication on the upper-end of gameplay balance and justify it when "blues" (which are the interface the community has) speak about only finding sub-level 50 Legendaries, gameplay balance in Hell mode, or how Monks appear powerful. How about the fact that it took player outcry and testing for developers to patch the MPX health and damage values of mobs after release from the PTR?

It all just seems strange to me. And one possible explanation is that not enough Blizzard employees play at the upper-end. You need a balance to create a great game; a good beginning, middle, and end. Blizzard seems to be focusing on the middle.
Reply Quote
Ya I found one in A1 Inferno Cathedral just yesterday... was a Pus Spitter tho... shame!
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Seraphi
Secondly, when "blues" play this game, they play it the way we play it. I don't understand why you think there's some grand conspiracy afoot because a blue has equally unfortunate luck as you, or because the developers aren't fixing things fast enough for your liking. You understand that these people are just messengers, and that they have no control over when or how the developers fix this game, right?
Because I don't find sub-level 50 Legendaries. I find minimum level 58 in Inferno after 1.05.

The only place I find sub-level 50 Legendaries is Hell mode, which is where I placed my concern.

As for them being "messengers", they are the messengers to the community between posters and the developers. Part of their role is carrying feedback to the developers. Which means I have a valid concern when the forums get feedback that seems like the upper-end of gameplay is not being addressed. I'm not here to make some conspiracy theory post, or say that Blizzard didn't balance things; I'm saying that there are more posts related to Hell-difficulty games and balancing than there are Inferno and MPX games.

There's numerous examples of balance being carried out for the "middle path" rather than the "upper path". Abilities that STILL do not scale and are nearly meaningless in multiplayer, MPX, and high vitality situations are a prime example. "Works fine in Hell mode" isn't good from a game balance perspective.
Reply Quote
I found one from the dead bodies
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 09:13 PMPosted by CyberGoat
I voiced a concern (read: opinion). I'm not "talking out my bum" when I'm asking for better communication on the upper-end of gameplay balance and justify it when "blues" (which are the interface the community has) speak about only finding sub-level 50 Legendaries, gameplay balance in Hell mode, or how Monks appear powerful. How about the fact that it took player outcry and testing for developers to patch the MPX health and damage values of mobs after release from the PTR?

Add to the list: blue says he wishes he had a Hellfire ring.

I would much rather have blue statements like: "I got a Hellfire Ring on one of my characters, and like it. I'm working on another that's further behind and not as geared."

I still feel the same. It doesn't appear that top-end game balance is being addressed, and Blizzard employees are just finishing Hell / entering Inferno.
Reply Quote
Hey I just found my FIRST set item EVER! It poped from a chest in the Realm of Shadow.

It's an IK armor.

I'm pretty happy as I see those are selling for a minimum of 40M and that will be the first time I will sell an item for that much of gold. Well, I hope they sell, there seems to be so many... are they even popular among players?
Reply Quote
I hate to say this, but I got a damn good Inna's favor from a chest; though I have never gotten anything good from the corpses.
Reply Quote
The only set item I've found was from a corpse. This was back shortly after the game went live.
Reply Quote
Hey I just found my FIRST set item EVER! It poped from a chest in the Realm of Shadow.

It's an IK armor.

I'm pretty happy as I see those are selling for a minimum of 40M and that will be the first time I will sell an item for that much of gold. Well, I hope they sell, there seems to be so many... are they even popular among players?

Grats on the IK Armor... I found the IK Belt and Helm already.. sold each of them for 10mil a piece as that was their current going rate at the time I found them
Reply Quote
Found a Inna's Radiance turning a body in the FoM last night. I was pretty pumped.
Reply Quote
Found tal rasha's armor from a rock in the desert and the vile ward on my dh from a regular chest.
Reply Quote
I found a 170m pair of shoulders out of a normal chest the other day.
Reply Quote
I've found one from a dead body and another from an weapon rack both from A1.
Was on 1.03
Reply Quote
Just got a grand vizier of a dead guardsman
Reply Quote
My first legendary was Leoric's Crown, and I got it from a barrel while I was still playing the free trial. Since then, I have found precisely two legendaries.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]