Diablo® III

Molten is crazy.

I would like to know if it's just me or does the molten affix do crazy damage?

I have a lot of armor and a lot of resist. I will set the game to monster power 5 and go to act 3 and stand in plagued desecrator all day. I can usually face tank hulking phasebeasts and 1 or 2 arcane beams is no problem.

But... molten just melts me and it seems to be half the time it's not so bad and the other half I see my life drop really fast.

Anyone else experience this? Working as intended?
Reply Quote
It does do a lot of damage but considering you don't use Warcry or Superstition I'm not surprised you are feeling the effects more so than others.
Reply Quote
i dont know .. i just dont know .. but i have the same experience myself.

sometimes its so much worse than others.

same goes for arcane and RD as well, though.

Is it supposed to be this way?? who the hell knows.
Reply Quote
When the mobs fidget around the molten effect stacks onto the ground.

It is hard to see 99% of the time, but usually, you're standing in 2-3 moltens, sometimes 4 or more.

That's why you can stand in desecrator and not molten (try standing in a 3+ stack of desecrator)
Reply Quote
I run MP5 as my standard difficulty and molten doesn't seem too bad to me.
Edited by Temper#1947 on 11/1/2012 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard, why can't I stand in the fire!!!?? I want to be able to stand in fire.. fix this asap.
Reply Quote
It's not that I want to take no damage. I'm just curious why it would hit 5 times harder than other affixes. I think I recall something on the forums about it stacking, that may be what I'm dealing with. But I sometimes have to "kite" the molten packs (WW Barb kiting lol) and the molten couldn't be stacked 5 times when I move the pack around. I don't think so anyways.
Reply Quote
When the mobs fidget around the molten effect stacks onto the ground.

It is hard to see 99% of the time, but usually, you're standing in 2-3 moltens, sometimes 4 or more.

That's why you can stand in desecrator and not molten (try standing in a 3+ stack of desecrator)

Haha, yep. Frozen + horde + desecrate + plagued/molten/arcane = not a fun time for my barb.
Edited by Cars#1578 on 11/1/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
in a3, there are elites that reduces your armor. i think they're the succubus, they will kite you and if they have molten, then you might get pwned. what you have to do is just move on and you kite them.

im not sure but i think if elites have "fast" affix, molten damage goes faster too. again, move on and kite them. find thrash mob for healing and you fight them close by.
Reply Quote
I thought armor reduced all attacks, but it seems like my wizard takes less damage in molten than my barb. One thing to note is the way I play wizard I typically stand in 1 molten trail. It is common for barbs to stand in multiple trails that stack. The 1 trail damage being managable turning into 3+ trails is %!@*@%##.
Reply Quote
it's just you.
Reply Quote
its cus sometimes it stakcs on the floor multiple times and f-s you up
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Mittons
I'm just curious why it would hit 5 times harder than other affixes.

Are you kidding? Try being hit with Mortar sometime.

Stop being biased.
Reply Quote
molten is there to counter mostly ww barbarians with high LOH/LS. hence it's crazy damage.
Edited by asdf#1285 on 11/1/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
simple solution to molten: move or stack FR your choice.

My WD stands in everything in inferno mode. Check that, mp10 even. But with 1500 LOH 1k life regen 800 all resists and spirit walk and horrify double armor buff (11500 armor for 8 secs) what damage could kill me...
Reply Quote
yes i'm agree that molten do a crazy amount of damage , this is the worst affix monsters can have , please reduce the dmage from this affix .

and please remove healing debuffs -75 % in act 4 and debuff - 50 % armor in act 4 too and the game will be hard enough .
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
yes i'm agree that molten do a crazy amount of damage , this is the worst affix monsters can have , please reduce the dmage from this affix .

and please remove healing debuffs -75 % in act 4 and debuff - 50 % armor in act 4 too and the game will be hard enough .

lol not really hard.... takes practice ... some things in life you have to work at such as... moving from molten. Gotta have the gear or the skill to move.
Edited by gerbs#1845 on 11/1/2012 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, Iv'e been kiting them and charging into trash mobs for healing and it seems to work okay. I might try to stack a little fire resist also. I found my IK chest and my vile wards on the ground and both have cold resist which doesn't seem to help much. Hopefully I can switch the shoulders over to fire without spending all my gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]