Diablo® III

Molten is crazy.

Those spider things in the Vault on Act 2 when it's a Yellow Elite with a Horde of Molten. Plus they fire at you as well.

They are a pain.
Reply Quote
Your armor/res isn't really that high. Get some LoH and use superstition.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Puresin
When the mobs fidget around the molten effect stacks onto the ground

So that's why molten hits so hard. My dps is too low to do mp10 at any reasonable speed but I did a test and I can outheal and eventually kill multiple elite packs at once in mp10 with 6% LS (80k unbuffed dps) as long as they're not molten. I can't out heal molten even on mp5 sometimes. So I've started switching to FR instead of Physical. Molten counters ww (and other mele?), like rd counters glass cannons.
Edited by Boulder#1909 on 11/1/2012 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I would like to know if it's just me or does the molten affix do crazy damage?

I have a lot of armor and a lot of resist. I will set the game to monster power 5 and go to act 3 and stand in plagued desecrator all day. I can usually face tank hulking phasebeasts and 1 or 2 arcane beams is no problem.

But... molten just melts me and it seems to be half the time it's not so bad and the other half I see my life drop really fast.

Anyone else experience this? Working as intended?

Molten and Desecrator can be particularly deadly since they have a chance to both stack with themselves and with each other, and it can be easy to miss in the heat of battle. We’re comfortable with the way both affixes are currently working, though, since many gamers are well versed in "don't stand in the fire" scenarios. Just keep an eye out for those ground effects!
Reply Quote
Well, that does answer a question I have had in my mind - but I was really hoping it was a bug that would be fixed.

I am not "comfortable" with it. The stacking behavior of molten with itself when combined with cc is not fun. It is sometimes unavoidable - and unavoidable is not fun.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 06:38 PMPosted by DPal
but I was really hoping it was a bug that would be fixed.

..... so in other words yet another "cry" for nerfs.

Just learn to deal with it, like everyone else does... and don't sugest to make something easier just because YOU can't handle it.
Reply Quote
Well, that does answer a question I have had in my mind - but I was really hoping it was a bug that would be fixed.

I am not "comfortable" with it. The stacking behavior of molten with itself when combined with cc is not fun. It is sometimes unavoidable - and unavoidable is not fun.

It isn't supposed to make you comfortable. It's designed to be deadly and challenging. You have to actually watch out where you're running.
Reply Quote

I have a lot of armor and a lot of resist. I will set the game to monster power 5 and go to act 3 and stand in plagued desecrator all day. I can usually face tank hulking phasebeasts and 1 or 2 arcane beams is no problem.

But... molten just melts me and it seems to be half the time it's not so bad and the other half I see my life drop really fast.

Molten and Desecrator can be particularly deadly since they have a chance to both stack with themselves and with each other, and it can be easy to miss in the heat of battle. We’re comfortable with the way both affixes are currently working, though, since many gamers are well versed in "don't stand in the fire" scenarios. Just keep an eye out for those ground effects!
Since molten stacks, can I get a debuff warning for molten that states how many stacks I'm under? Do it for desecreator as well if it isn't already implemented.
Reply Quote

I am still waiting for you to change Reflect into a Thorn Affix, where it comes up every once a while just like Shield.

That tests our awareness of elite's affix and gives us a chance to react. We can fight through pain, change target or retreat.

The current Reflect is simply a gear-check that forces players to re-gear, swap-gear, change MP level or choose to solo to deal with Reflect.

I know this is a beat-the-dead-horse topic but you gotta know the current Reflect has way too much impact, don't you think?

I like it when an affix forces me "move", to dodge and punish me if I don't pay attention, but Reflect is ALWAYS there. Getting perfect 3% LS on 1H weapon is not enough. I need to get way more LoH or change to popular skills which hurts build diversity.

An Affix is an exciting way to make battle more "interesting". An Affix is not a gear-check. We have Monster Power for gear-check.

Please consider.

I want Reflect to be fun too. An Affix should never punish you more just because you deal more DPS. An Affix should punish you more if you don't pay attention to Thorn-Shield when it's up. You can even make Thorn affix stronger so it hurts even more if you don't pay attention.
Reply Quote
Molten Desecrator Jailer Mortar = you burn
Reply Quote
View profile

I am still waiting for you to change Reflect into a Thorn Affix, where it comes up every once a while just like Shield.

That tests our awareness of elite's affix and gives us a chance to react. We can fight through pain, change target or retreat.

The current Reflect is simply a gear-check that forces players to re-gear, swap-gear, change MP level or choose to solo to deal with Reflect.

I know this is a beat-the-dead-horse topic but you gotta know the current Reflect has way too much impact, don't you think?

I like it when an affix forces me "move", to dodge and punish me if I don't pay attention, but Reflect is ALWAYS there. Getting perfect 3% LS on 1H weapon is not enough. I need to get way more LoH or change to popular skills which hurts build diversity.

An Affix is an exciting way to make battle more "interesting". An Affix is not a gear-check. We have Monster Power for gear-check.

Please consider.

I want Reflect to be fun too. An Affix should never punish you more just because you deal more DPS. An Affix should punish you more if you don't pay attention to Thorn-Shield when it's up. You can even make Thorn affix stronger so it hurts even more if you don't pay attention.

I feel rewarded when I see "reflects damage".

Get some defence or some lifesteal or something.

Carry a weapon to switch to that kills champion packs in 20 seconds instead of 3? I dunno. Should be easy to figure out.

IKA: stop killing yourself.

People keep making excuses for RD. Simply put....RD is #$%@ing stupid.

My Exploding Palm build has become a kamikaze build overnight when they removed dodge chance from RD.
Reply Quote
If you're having problems with monsters and their affixes, the option to drop down a MP level, or difficulty level is available.

No More Nerfs
Reply Quote
View profile
IMO, fire damage is a lot more painful to take than any other element. I'm not sure if this is by design (fire the strongest element i guess?) but electrified, plagued, arcane enchanted, and frozen mobs never get my health below 30%. Anything with mortar or desecrator has a chance to kill me though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]