Diablo® III

Molten is crazy.

WIZ/DH = RD
BARB = MOLTEN
WD = ?
MONK = ?

I guess i havent seen QQ threads from Monks and WD.

Some WD complain about RD, just not as much as the other two classes.

Molten shreds me. I have over 800 FR buffed.
Reply Quote
Seriously, desecrator doesn't hit immediately and has an alert. Molten you just gotta step one foot away.Too easy.

Sadly, ranting is more fun for most of you than playing...I specifically mentioned the scenario that isn't fun. Learn to read.
Reply Quote
WIZ/DH = RD
BARB = MOLTEN
WD = ?
MONK = ?

I guess i havent seen QQ threads from Monks and WD.

Monks struggle the most with molten. Barbs have the mobility to avoid it.
Reply Quote
Ver. 1.03 i do not care the molten monsters
But now...
Reply Quote
Thanks Grimiku,

Now I know for sure that molten has been stacking on top of itself and will avoid standing in it. I might get a little more fire resist just to be on the safe side also.

Thanks again
Reply Quote
View profile

People keep making excuses for RD. Simply put....RD is #$%@ing stupid.

My Exploding Palm build has become a kamikaze build overnight when they removed dodge chance from RD.

Look at his damn profile. He has zero defences of any kind. And just a teeeny wheency bit of life steal.

You also have horrendous resists and armor for a monk. Maybe worse then his. It's called a shield. I am almost positive they've dropped for you.

lol...says the barb with a lousy 60k dps and no para level........facepalm please.

1) Real Monks don't use shields

2) No player should feel compelled to tote around special gear, switch to special gear, just for a specific affix

3) It's counter-intuitive to be expected to switch to a nerf bat attack as opposed to using manual technique and strategy

4) My armor runs at 6700+ full time (check my skills please)

5) LS does nothing against RD when it's by way of EP explosion.

6) Resists do nothing against RD. It is unmitigated damage.

7) I have over 50% dodge and a 50% armor buff that runs full-time during combat. Last I checked that counts a great deal toward defenses....despite your claim that I have no defenses.

If you're having problems with monsters and their affixes, the option to drop down a MP level, or difficulty level is available.

No More Nerfs

I love even the most challenging affix combos/packs. Fast Bats with teleport, molten stacks and vortex.....I love the challenge. Hitting all the right keys, making quick decisions, manual dexterity challenged to the maximum.....love it

RD is not something I consider a challenge. When I blow up and die because I kicked a champ packs butt....I have to wonder why the challenge lies in trickery by way of switching to a nerf bat with a standard attack. I find it a dumbed down affix.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/1/2012 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 06:58 PMPosted by hampster
Monks struggle the most with molten. Barbs have the mobility to avoid it

I switch between ww and 2h builds alot, without changing gear or weap. 2h setup. And I find that it takes alot longer to kill molten as ww because I have to chip away at them doing arcs, while kiting to clear ground. With same gear same mp and using 2h build, I just take 1 or 2 steps to find a good spot and hammer/bash away, no problems. Why cant monks pull off the same repositioning as a 2h barb build?
Reply Quote
I rarely have problems with molten, the only time i have problems with molten is when the mob also has the fast affix because fast is a synergy for molten, i believe it doubles the output of damage so instead of standing on lets say 2x stacked moltens you are really standing on 4x molten and so on.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 07:18 PMPosted by BurningRope
RD is not something I consider a challenge. When I blow up and die because I kicked a champ packs butt....I have to wonder why the challenge lies in trickery by way of switching to a nerf bat with a standard attack. I find it a dumbed down affix.

I was addressing the original topic of the post. Namely the Molten (and other fire based) affixes.

I agree that for out of balance builds, RD is tough. Even for underpowered barbs (like my character), using an attack like rend is a no-no VS the RD affix. A player can adjust though.

And in high offence-low defence builds, there are solutions to alter builds to make RD not much of a problem. It's all about adjusting & tweaking
Reply Quote
View profile

Look at his damn profile. He has zero defences of any kind. And just a teeeny wheency bit of life steal.

You also have horrendous resists and armor for a monk. Maybe worse then his. It's called a shield. I am almost positive they've dropped for you.

lol...says the barb with a lousy 60k dps and no para level........facepalm please.

1) Real Monks don't use shields

2) No player should feel compelled to tote around special gear, switch to special gear, just for a specific affix

3) It's counter-intuitive to be expected to switch to a nerf bat attack as opposed to using manual technique and strategy

4) My armor runs at 6700+ full time (check my skills please)

5) LS does nothing against RD when it's by way of EP explosion.

6) Resists do nothing against RD. It is unmitigated damage.

7) I have over 50% dodge and a 50% armor buff that runs full-time during combat. Last I checked that counts a great deal toward defenses....despite your claim that I have no defenses.

You aren't feeling RD because you aren't doing the high AoE damage that I am (Exploding Palm). EP builds took a hard hit from this RD issue. Which sucks because most Monks don't have the stones to run anything but the cookie cutter Fot/Cyclone build.

If you're having problems with monsters and their affixes, the option to drop down a MP level, or difficulty level is available.

No More Nerfs

I love even the most challenging affix combos/packs. Fast Bats with teleport, molten stacks and vortex.....I love the challenge. Hitting all the right keys, making quick decisions, manual dexterity challenged to the maximum.....love it

Reply Quote
View profile

Dude, i did mp 8 ubers with the gear and build you see before you.

Unbuffed in farm gear i do 90k without a skorn.....

You have no clue.

looked at wrong profile. You have my apologies.

Still....RD is a dumbed down affix. The only argument I hear against it is "Well....you gotta switch to crappy gear hurka durp".......It's a dumbed down affix.
Reply Quote
View profile
90k means one shotting whites and killing champ packs in under 15 sec in mp 5. So........

Get a shield and lower your mp if you are dying too much monk. Otherwise you're gonna die some more.

I can't wait for pvp. Lol. Good stuff.

That's just it....I rarely die, ever, unless it's RD.

Which tells us a story........

I'm getting tired of the most unbalanced, OP class in the game handing out advice to other classes.
Reply Quote
Now I...will avoid standing in it.

Good call.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]